Folio Society - Ian Fleming Special Editions

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Bit late to change her now!

Now that is very true! :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's the perfect wrapping paper for getting someone a gift that's anything but a book!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Yes! It might be a book...but then again, it might not!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Folio Society is releasing their Christmas collection in one week.

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Can't wait! Here's hoping for Bond...will it be FYEO, Thunderball or OHMSS?

Whatever it is - I'll be getting it (along with GF which is the only other one I haven't got yet)
    Very eager to see which one is unveiled. Might get two as a Christmas present to myself this season if my bank account's nice enough to me.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I think it’s the fifth book from the top.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2,721
    It's Diamonds Are Forever!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Yupp. You can already see and order it as part of the complete Collection.

if6.png

if6_001.png
    Damn, beaten to the punch by @Major_Boothroyd!

https://www.foliosociety.com/uk/diamonds-are-forever.html

Illustrations look fantastic as usual.
    Thanks for the update. Looks great.
    Wow, that is gorgeous. Think I might have to get that + MR soon.
    Sorry @Agent_99 ! I got excited with these Folio editions. They are exquisite. I've got four of them and have been waiting for this release to save on shipping so I can order the latest two at once.

Looks like it will be Diamonds and Gold for me this Christmas!
    Looks like it will be Diamonds and Gold for me this Christmas!

I can't imagine anything nicer!
  • Not The Pussy's favourite Bond book. I was rather hoping that they would fill in the gap and give us L&LD but doubtless some politically correct n'er-do-well at Folio will be chewing their pencil over the 'censorship' issues associated with that one !
    Still, like any self respecting completist, I'll have to have DAF - it's on order.
    Not The Pussy's favourite Bond book. I was rather hoping that they would fill in the gap and give us L&LD but doubtless some politically correct n'er-do-well at Folio will be chewing their pencil over the 'censorship' issues associated with that one !
    Still, like any self respecting completist, I'll have to have DAF - it's on order.

I've got the old folio society release of LALD (around 10 years ago I think). If they re-release LALD (which I believe they will for completist reasons) then I think they'll do it last in this run.

I'm interested as to when they'll release FYEO or whether they'll skip straight into Thunderball next. I'm looking forward to seeing what OHMSS and especially YOLT look like. I think Dalton will have a field day with those illustrations.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    These are on my to-get list and have been for ages.

• I've got the old folio society release of LALD (around 10 years ago I think). If they re-release LALD (which I believe they will for completist reasons) then I think they'll do it last in this run.

I'm interested as to when they'll release FYEO or whether they'll skip straight into Thunderball next. I'm looking forward to seeing what OHMSS and especially YOLT look like. I think Dalton will have a field day with those illustrations.

The Pussy hopes they do LALD next in order to instill chronological coherence into their launch strategy.
    Nothing in life is certain (what is their deal with Dalton ? etc....) and Pussy would hate to be stuck with a half baked collection.
    Also, they need to ramp up their launch rhythm otherwise we’ll all be very old before they get this lot out !
    They’re going faster than the movies are.
    An interview with Fay Dalton has just been posted on Artistic Licence Renewed.
  • Revelator wrote: »

Thanks Revelator, The Pussy enjoyed it.
    It would be great to see prints of her Bond work available to buy.
    One thing that is a shame with the Folio collection is the absence of a ribbon bookmark. At those prices it should be de rigueur !
  • Revelator wrote: »

Thanks Revelator, The Pussy enjoyed it.
    It would be great to see prints of her Bond work available to buy.

Prints will soon be available for sale. Keep an eye on https://www.faydalton.com/

Some of the original artwork may also be available as discussed on the facebook group:
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48368245_10156113923003333_2067341155984474112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=dadffee8c83e369a8672b1c1eb784f4f&oe=5CD2AF51

I scored DAF for Christmas! Thanks, Mum (again)!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Have to stop putting this off.

Same. I have got to have one of these.
    They're going at about two a year at the moment. At that rate I'm expecting it'll be TB, OHMSS next year, YOLT, TMWTGG the following and then OP & FYEO in the final with LALD somewhere along the line. Because it's a collection of short stories I'd be surprised to see FYEO in sequence so expect it to be one of the final releases. Oddly, I'm intrigued to see illustrations for the desolate home lives of the characters in Quantum of Solace. As a kid reading that story it always stuck out as an unusual and nasty tale.
    I scored DAF for Christmas! Thanks, Mum (again)!

Nice work 99! I just received this and GF as xmas presents (to myself!) just before the xmas rush. They look fine on the shelf next to CR, MR, FRWL and DN (as well as my rogue LALD). I'm actually going to read DAF in folio edition - I haven't read any of these in folio editions. But I'm determined that they don't just gather dust but are well read and worn with great memories (like my Great Pan collection of Bonds that I read as a kid.)
    I'm actually going to read DAF in folio edition - I haven't read any of these in folio editions. But I'm determined that they don't just gather dust but are well read and worn with great memories (like my Great Pan collection of Bonds that I read as a kid.)

I read my Folio CR for the first time recently and it does make a difference to have crisp, thick, white pages and clear, sharp text. Not that I regret ruining my eyes on the tatty yellowing Pans!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    CR was waiting for me under the Christmas tree, Thanks Santa!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,185

My guess is Thunderball.
    Back in 2017 it was announced that 3 Folio books would be released the following year. GF, DAF... and TB