Johnny English Strikes Again (2018)

Comments

- I don't believe I've ever met anyone quite like you.
    - ***You haven't.***

Perfect facial expression while delivering that line.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    - I don't believe I've ever met anyone quite like you.
    - ***You haven't.***

Perfect facial expression while delivering that line.

Totally agree. Rowan Atkinson seems to enjoy playing JE still, by looking at that trailer.
    I really don't know why we're having this endless debate about who should replace Daniel Craig as James Bond. It's obvious. It's Johnny 'too cool for school' English!!!!!!!!

Sign him up. And Bough too. He can play Moneypenny!

• edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I really don't know why we're having this endless debate about who should replace Daniel Craig as James Bond. It's obvious. It's Johnny 'too cool for school' English!!!!!!!!

He would definitely nail the lighthearted moments!

Manlypenny?

Seriously, I believe Atkinson could play Bond. Obviously he doesn't physically look the part, but he could act it.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Manlypenny?

=)) There has to be a Bond parody at some point that uses this! Some big burly male secretary. Maybe played by Bautista.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Seriously, I believe Atkinson could play Bond. Obviously he doesn't physically look the part, but he could act it.

He'd be one of the most expressive Bonds, that's for sure! :D
    Manlypenny?

=)) There has to be a Bond parody at some point that uses this! Some big burly male secretary. Maybe played by Bautista.

I'd watch that! :))
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Some thoughts...

The obvious homage to Goldeneye - Bond vs French cyclists.

The virtual reality scenes look amusing.

I think the studio released the trailers in the wrong order! The second trailer is much shorter than the first. It's 1 min long. The first trailer is 2 mins 32 seconds. Second trailer has no mention of the plot. Johnny English is back but why? What's his mission? Looks like a teaser trailer released at the wrong time. Not sure it's great marketing from Universal. Hopefully they'll do better with Bond 25.

Anyway, looks fun. :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    If they ever make Johnny English 4, any of the former Bonds should have a role in it. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Walecs wrote: »
    If they ever make Johnny English 4, any of the former Bonds should have a role in it. :D
    Apparently, Brosnan was offered the role of the main villain in the second film, but turned it down. The role was later given to Dominic West. Brosnan made the right decision, in my opinion.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Apparently, Brosnan was offered the role of the main villain in the second film, but turned it down. The role was later given to Dominic West. Brosnan made the right decision, in my opinion.

Hell no, that would've been even better! Loved how West played it though. Looking foreward to the new one. Cyclists is GE, sitting at the bar is SF, the Aston is TLD, VR is DAD. And that's only from the few seconds I've had the chance to look at the trailers. Rowan seems to get better and better at that deadpan delivery.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Johnny English kills a traitor super secret agent armed with a PPK, wears fancy suits and drives a V12 Aston Vanquish. Johnny English kills Brosnan's Bond, thus providing his haters with satisfaction.

No, it wouldn't have been better. ;)
    Is that Aston Atkinson's own?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Johnny English kills a traitor super secret agent armed with a PPK, wears fancy suits and drives a V12 Aston Vanquish. Johnny English kills James Bond.

No, it wouldn't have been better. ;)

It would make him the best agent in the world...

Pierce turned down Batman and starring in a Johnny English film?!!! Pierce, how could you!
    Atkinson was on the One Show this evening together with his own red Aston. He did a great interview including being very honest about his efforts in NSNA. There was also a great little mini tribute to Roger Moore.
    patb wrote: »
    Atkinson was on the One Show this evening together with his own red Aston. He did a great interview including being very honest about his efforts in NSNA. There was also a great little mini tribute to Roger Moore.

Is there a video available online of this?
    Atkinson enters at 1.20, then there is a lovely part on RM, then Atkinson is interviewed in the studio later....

Atkinson enters at 1.20, then there is a lovely part on RM, then Atkinson is interviewed in the studio later....

Great - thanks! :-)
    Just came back from the movie.

Absolutely loved it!

Incredibly fun movie!

It's old school vs new school type of movie, which makes me realize how this new generation is soft and how much I hate it (and this comes from a person from the sorta new generation but not quite I guess haha)

It's old school humour that's absolutely hilarious and incredibly fun.

It's basically a "best of Rowan Atkinson" movie, where you see everything he is known for. In fact it's filled with things he did in other movies as well.

I absolutely loved this movie, had tons of fun with it and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

I really hope it does well on the box office.

Oh, and one more thing, honestly, if Rowan wants to retire and he never films another film ever, I'd feel like this is a great last movie cause it's basically the best of him (like I said before)

I recommend it.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Ugh. Us Yanks don't get it for another month.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Really looking forward to this one, now. Unlikely I'll have the opportunity to see it at the theatre, but I'm definitely preordering it to watch at home.
    It comes out in my country next week. Looking forward to it.
    I just realized that the movie came out here like 2-3 weeks before it's out in England?

Whaaaat?

That's pretty weird tbh...
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I just realized that the movie came out here like 2-3 weeks before it's out in England?

Whaaaat?

That's pretty weird tbh...

Competition in the cinemas, perhaps?

thanks for that! Rowan is superb, Ben is cool and the Moore tribute very touching. Now I need a chance to go and see the film, which is already out as I understand.
    Will there be a soundtrack album available for this film? I can't seem to find any trace of it online.
    Will there be a soundtrack album available for this film? I can't seem to find any trace of it online.

Was there one for Reborn? I know there was one for the first film.

Was there one for Reborn? I know there was one for the first film.
    Yes, there was.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    David Arnold is composing it correct?