No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited September 2018 Posts: 5,767
    matt_u wrote: »
    IF this is the idea, I don’t think they will handle it in Logan style, killing off 100% the character. They would probably go for a more Flemingesque route, or something like how Wayne was presumed dead in The Dark Knight Rises. Fleming never 100% killed off Bond and neither EoN would do it, I suppose.
    I would suspect the same, and that would make a "death" of Bond as grave as all the "deaths" in Avengers Infinity War. It will be like Bond being Held captive for 14 months in NK in DAD.

As for the comparisons with Wolverine, the film Logan dealt a lot with the phenomenon of superhuman abilities and lack of social abilities. What happens if this guy who cannot die gets old and loses his powers? He never had real Friends in life, how is he going to cope?
    The James Bond I know from films and books is a social human being. He doesn´t have the Problem of losing his superhuman abilities, and he is too clever to be too lonely in his old age. So what would be the use of killing him off?

At all, trying to be shocking usually is merely an excuse for not getting a grip on a tight movie.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Fukunaga. Cary Joji Fukunaga.

This guy really has to be careful that he doesn't outshine everybody on this project. He's definitely a very dapper looking chap.

For those unhappy with he fit of Daniel’s suits, perhaps Fukunaga will give him some guidance. ;)

It's a problem when the director of Bond is more handsome looking than Bond himself. Ha.

Well…Depends on the style he's going for, of course:

Cary-Fukunaga.jpg?w968

Inspired by Obelix?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Cool commercial, but a damn ugly watch.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Wolverine doesn't have 24 films. He's a less established film hero.

If Eon sell up, if Bond 26 is delayed for several years - then yeah, okay, your idea could work. But if we go from Bond 25 - Craig's Bond dies - to two/three years later with new rebooted 'younger actor' Bond, it might feel a bit strange. It will feel like the new Bond is an imposter? Bond dies but this new guy is Bond? I dunno....

Even worse, people will claim the codename theory is canon :(

But really, what's the point in killing Bond if he returns in the next one? I know Craig's continuity is self-contained etc. etc. but I still don't get why you would kill him in first place.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I doubt Indiana Jones will die in the next Indy film. Possible, but unlikely.

Honestly I would be surprised if they even made it. Still, Spielberg said he won't
    talos7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Fukunaga. Cary Joji Fukunaga.

This guy really has to be careful that he doesn't outshine everybody on this project. He's definitely a very dapper looking chap.

For those unhappy with he fit of Daniel’s suits, perhaps Fukunaga will give him some guidance. ;)

It's a problem when the director of Bond is more handsome looking than Bond himself. Ha.

Well…Depends on the style he's going for, of course:

Cary-Fukunaga.jpg?w968

Inspired by Obelix?

Of course! How could I miss that!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    As of Sept. 5, the working title is still listed as Shatterhand.

https://www.productionweekly.com/?s=bond+25
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Cool commercial, but a damn ugly watch.

+1.

The commercial gave me Thunderball vibes.
    I think if B25 and the Craig era ends with Bond killed, and say 4 years later B26 randomly opens with a new timeline and new Bond that's just going to be silly. Yes it would also feed fuel to the codename theory. I seriously doubt it would happen, unless this is intended to be the last film.

Why kill Bond off in the film that follows the second longest gap in the series' history, unless it were intended to end the franchise. I believe Universal only signed on for this one film. After B25 there may have to be another distribution deal for future outings. I'd consider it extremely lucky if there's a film for 2022, unless Universal opt for more Bonds once this one gets underway.

I think a cliff hanger ending would only work if the films were indeed coming out on a regular schedule and not produced whenever Eon gets around to it. I just can't see the Craig era ending on a cliffhanger (say akin to the FRWL novel), then 4 years later Bond comes back in a new film and timeline with another actor.
    I don't care if they kill Bond if that is part of a quality film that doesn't kill the franchise - which in itself is quite impossible, as some poor entries have proved. If it his a killer film, I don't care if they fill Bond. Although my preference would be of a FRWL/YOLT approach to it.

Could we all get back to the Fukunaga train? And off the thin rumour mill for a bit?
    Anyone seen Maniac? Mind bending or what?

ea7fa0d18a55356e5a7b7b365406e90635c26be7.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Cool ad, but how much is the rope going for?
    Thought he would come out of the water...
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Me, too. I guess that's for the sequel.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Univex wrote: »

What if that’s how Bond dies? He drowns! :D

What if that’s how Bond dies? He drowns! :D

:) Like his beloved. Nah, this all dying angle is getting tiresome. What can we discuss from here to March that doesn't involve some hypothetical long shot? Maybe the merits of the director? The possibility of some crew members being brought in? The composer? Anything?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I'd like some underwater action in Bond 25. Good commercial. Right idea.
  • Univex wrote: »

Nope. It's a metaphor for Craig's film career post-Bond.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 6,665
    Escalus5 wrote: »

Nope. It's a metaphor for Craig's film career post-Bond.

I take it he is not to your liking? And yes, I know his choices have been very, very poor, but you're quite the negativist @Escalus5. You don't like Fukunaga, right? You probably don't like Craig. So, maybe this one (B25) is not for you (?) I don't know, swimming against the current much? Still, all good, cheers for the all the "realist" (philosophically you'd be a negativist) ;) inputs. Say, is there anything to your liking in all of this pre production rumble? Just curious. Oh, and my bad if I'm wrong. If so, my apologies. Again, cheers.
    I would definitely like some aquatic action in Bond 25. I’m not too worried about the whole Bond dying scenario, which I think is quite unlikely. I’ll cross that bridge later if I have to.

It is a little odd that there will have been a 5-year gap (not technically quite that much, but 2015-2020 still looks pretty big) with the same Bond actor in place from the last film. I still want Craig to get his last Bond film, but I do hope they are already beginning to look into who can replace him so we don’t have to wait a long time for Bond 26.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 6,665
    And to think Danny boy has been training like hell to get fit. He'll have to maintain it for a long period of time. Or maybe he'll just tone it down a notch in the gym department and then pick it up latter on.

How old will Craig be in 2020? Actually that's fine, he'll be a seasoned agent in top form, which is something we haven't had in the series, well, not in top form anyway.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 12,242
    He’ll turn 52 in 2020, but 51 while the film is shooting. 50s is where it begins to push it for playing Bond, but I’m confident Craig can still sell it one last time. Still has nothing on Moore in AVTAK!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Universal, Imax Extend Multiyear Film-Slate Deal
    https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-imax-extend-multi-year-film-slate-deal-1145701

Imax and Universal Pictures has inked a new multiyear film-slate deal that will digitally supersize select titles from the studio.

Top five longest gap between Bond films (gaps between UK release dates):

LTK / GE: 2354 days
    SP / Bond25: 1572 days
    DAD / CR: 1457 days
    QOS / SF: 1456 days
    SF / SP: 1095 days
    FoxRox wrote: »
    He’ll turn 52 in 2020, but 51 while the film is shooting.
    So he'll be 54 in 2022.

He’ll turn 52 in 2020, but 51 while the film is shooting.
    So he'll be 54 in 2022.

Yes...?
    Just an observation.
  • I find it quite shocking that some folks are seriously cool with Bond being killed ESPECIALLY if there’s more Bond films in the future. I see comments like “well I’d be okay with it if we get a quality film out of it”. Really??!! We’re so desperate that we need to kill our hero in order to get a quality film??! Does it not smell of extreme desperation to anyone?!! If Bond’s death is the only thing that can guarantee a quality film then I’m afraid it’s time to hang things up for good and just end the series. Clearly we’ve run out of ideas and running on fumes. I never thought asking for an entertaining quality film and keeping Bond alive (James Bond Will Return...) was too much to ask for. Or is that just too “old hat” nowadays and not daring enough?? I’m sorry but I prefer “old hat” if the alternative is crazy ideas. We already got a crazy idea with Bro-Feld and how did that turn out?

Bottom line - Bond DOES NOT die. James Bond will return....

Even if it was the last film in the series Bond should NOT die. Sorry but my heroes don’t die. That’s the whole point of the series - that Bond prevails against all odds. Only Father Time can take him (and I don’t need to see that either).
    Ok.

As much as I like Craig’s Bond, I do hope his fifth is his last. I think going past that, especially with how delays have been in his time as Bond, is pushing a bit too far.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ok.

As much as I like Craig’s Bond, I do hope his fifth is his last. I think going past that, especially with how delays have been in his time as Bond, is pushing a bit too far.
    I was (and still am) over the moon when he announced he was coming back. But I definitely don't want to see him as Bond past B25.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Ok.

I was (and still am) over the moon when he announced he was coming back. But I definitely don't want to see him as Bond past B25.

In the same boat. Love that he will get a fifth - only the third Bond actor to do it! But going past that is definitely too far.