Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• Risico007 wrote: »
    Night at the opera I love that song so mch

Great track QoS arguably Arnold's best score.
    Risico007 wrote: »

“You know, I love that track so much. If anything happened to it...Idon’tknowwhatIwoulddo.”

No need for the attitude

Haha, I was just pointing out the similarity between Risico's phrasing and Lupe's. I love "Night at the Opera" too, and I agree Quantum of Solace might be David Arnold's best Bond score. His greatest work still lies outside of Bond (I doubt he will ever reach the show-stopping heights of Independence Day again, but you never know). But his first and his last (thus far)—TND and QoS—are for me his finest moments for Bond.

My apologies been awake 24hours that went over my head.

No worries, reading over it again, I realize it does sound like I was mocking him.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

“You know, I love that track so much. If anything happened to it...Idon’tknowwhatIwoulddo.”

No need for the attitude

Haha, I was just pointing out the similarity between Risico's phrasing and Lupe's. I love "Night at the Opera" too, and I agree Quantum of Solace might be David Arnold's best Bond score. His greatest work still lies outside of Bond (I doubt he will ever reach the show-stopping heights of Independence Day again, but you never know). But his first and his last (thus far)—TND and QoS—are for me his finest moments for Bond.

No worries, reading over it again, I realize it does sound like I was mocking him.

I work nights and when off try to readjust my body clock when off, sleep deprivation makes me moody, my error mate.

No need for the attitude

I work nights and when off try to readjust my body clock when off, sleep deprivation makes me moody, my error mate.

I know the feeling. At times, I wish Graves' "dream machine" was a thing of reality.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

No need for the attitude

I know the feeling. At times, I wish Graves' "dream machine" was a thing of reality.

I need one of those without the side effects of world domination tendancys, though maybe that's not a bad side effect. ;)

No need for the attitude

I need one of those without the side effects of world domination tendancys, though maybe that's not a bad side effect. ;)

Hey, it’s good to have goals in life. ;)
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,102

No need for the attitude

Hey, it’s good to have goals in life. ;)

Last time I tried to take over a small country I had visa issues.
    When Bond Scores were difficult to get hold of...

Geoff Love is well known to my generation

I had this on tape and vinyl

I recall liking this cover the most, feels like going back in time listening to this.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great one, especially from 4:20 onwards.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,102
    jake24 wrote: »
    Great one, especially from 4:20 onwards.

Absolutely it ramps up, listening to the full score possibly Arnold's best complete score. Night at the Opera is fantastic.

To think we went from this to the yawnfest that was the Newman scores…

When listening to QoS I did think how SF and SP would work with QoS soundtrack.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I love Newman's SF work. Classy and lush.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Right? It's quite a let down.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,241

When listening to QoS I did think how SF and SP would work with QoS soundtrack.

Would be interesting to see a scene from SF/SP with a QoS soundtrack track playing over it!
    jake24 wrote: »

I love Newman's SF work. Classy and lush.

Tried to enjoy it – even listened to the score countless amount of times over a one-year period. Just felt flat to me. Still does, unfortunately.
    Murdock wrote: »

Right? It's quite a let down.

The composer for Bond 25 is the one bit of information I'm most interested in at this point. Wouldn't mind a return to Arnold, but I'm not surprised if they turn to someone new.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,102
    SF score has great moments though fleeting, SP was lazy barring a few tracks. We all have different tastes in music, for me Bond should be OTT excitement pushing the envelope.

Great track this. Love the buildup, and how it goes up a notch at 1:27. Barry at his best!

This is great. Such economy of musical resources. One chord throughout the entire piece but, through the distinctive little elements sprinkled on top, the music never grows stale.

GF might be the closest I have to a favorite Bond score.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mattjoes wrote: »

GF might be the closest I have to a favorite Bond score.

I agree. It is battling it out with OHMSS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Another top Bond score.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    DAF soundtrack--
    These guys are great. As I recall, someone asked them if they would consider recording an album and they answered it was on the cards. I'll buy it if it happens.

One more:

edited November 2018 Posts: 23,102
    007 theme is one of my favourites, it's over due for a return to the films.

Just found this...