Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241

I'm not the biggest jazz fan, but have to check out this. Jeff Goldblum is fantastic in everything he's in, and I won't be surprised if his debut album mirrors his persona in a good way!

I suddenly began to wonder how a Jeff Goldblum Bond would be like…
    @Creasy47 or any other mod:

Just want to be sure before proceeding: I'm working on a post about the different musical arrangements of the gunbarrel music. Can I create a thread for it? None of the others appear to be especifically about that subject, and as I said, it is long post (4,000 plus words).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @mattjoes, if you can't readily find a thread for it and you're sinking some time and effort into it, have at it! Interested to see what you come up with.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @mattjoes, if you can't readily find a thread for it and you're sinking some time and effort into it, have at it! Interested to see what you come up with.

Thanks, will do!
    So, I just heard today that my sister is moving to London.

One more reason for me to travel abroad. Never been to London, England.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    So, I just heard today that my sister is moving to London.

One more reason for me to travel abroad. Never been to London, England.

Welcome to the home of 007 matey !!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,105
    Mark Wahlberg posted his daily routine... Mark_wahlberg_routine.jpg?mtime=1536750632

So in response Ryan Reynolds posted his...
    rrwp.jpg

;))
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241
    He gets up at 2:30 AM?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I want a cryo chamber :))

I know that's early to get up each day, though some days I get up at stupid times as I work days and nights though that's down to my body clock being all over the place.

I know that's early to get up each day, though some days I get up at stupid times as I work days and nights though that's down to my body clock being all over the place.

Wouldn't be surprised that working at different times messes up the body clock!

For an actor though, that's surprising to me, unless he shoots films at odd hours. Would have guessed Wahlberg could start the day a little later at least!

For an actor though, that's surprising to me, unless he shoots films at odd hours. Would have guessed Wahlberg could start the day a little later at least!

Not sure if it's tongue in cheek from Wahlberg or he is extremely disciplined.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CAPTION CONTEST

http%3A%2F%2Fa.amz.mshcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F09%2Fautomat-10.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    CAPTION CONTEST

http%3A%2F%2Fa.amz.mshcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F09%2Fautomat-10.jpg

Peanut Butter Jelly time! Peanut Butter Jelly time!
    CAPTION CONTEST

Next I am going to ask for the Cream Cheese Sandwich *maniacal laugh*
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    CAPTION CONTEST

"You've heard of the sandwich. Now here's the handwich!"
    When ordering a shake, he meant a milkshake. Well, whatever.

Not sure if it's tongue in cheek from Wahlberg or he is extremely disciplined.

Who knows!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    CAPTION CONTEST

This guy is happy he was given a sandwich instead of a shot to the head. (CR76 reference.) :))
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,372
    A survey of 2,000 Americans deems the Indiana Jones trilogy as the greatest trilogy ever, with the second and third being the Jurassic Park and The Godfather trilogies, respectively:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/indiana-jones-named-greatest-movie-trilogy-of-all-time/

Do you agree or disagree?
    It's difficult for me to split Indy and the original Star Wars trilogy. Both trilogies have two great movies and a good film. Star Wars just wins for me. Though Raiders and Empire are both in my top five movies of all time.
    It's difficult for me to split Indy and the original Star Wars trilogy. Both trilogies have two great movies and a good film. Star Wars just wins for me. Though Raiders and Empire are both in my top five movies of all time.

I was surprised to not see either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings in the Top 3. Off the top of my head, those two plus Indiana Jones would likely make my list; not a big Jurassic Park fan at all, and it's been so long since I've seen the Godfather series - something I need to correct ASAP.

I was surprised to not see either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings in the Top 3. Off the top of my head, those two plus Indiana Jones would likely make my list; not a big Jurassic Park fan at all, and it's been so long since I've seen the Godfather series - something I need to correct ASAP.

Jurassic Park sequels films are mediocre I would not put that trilogy in the top ten, LOTR as well as Indy and SW would have got no complaints from me if any of them were voted number 1.

I have the Godfather films on dvd the first two are great the third is a bit of a struggle.
    That seems to be the usual consensus regarding The Godfather 3 - from what I recall of my trilogy runthrough many years back, that was the one that made the tiniest impression, didn't seem like it was anywhere near the quality level of the initial two.
    That seems to be the usual consensus regarding The Godfather 3 - from what I recall of my trilogy runthrough many years back, that was the one that made the tiniest impression, didn't seem like it was anywhere near the quality level of the initial two.

It has the look and trappings of a 90's film unfortunately where as the first two films look and feel timeless. It's been over ten years since I watched them, I debated buying them on Bluray though the dvd boxset I have looks great the Bluray sets I had looked at previously looked cheap, though if the films appeared on 4k I would definitely get them.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    It's a surprising list, that's for sure. I'd put the Bat Trilogy, LOTR, Die Hard, The Bourne films and the original SW trilogy near the top personally. The rest I'm not all that keen about (not really a fan of the third Godfather either, which brings that series down).

This is the what the voters chose.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/best-movie-trilogy-film-jurassic-park-lord-of-the-rings-indiana-jones-a8547876.html

"1. Indiana Jones - 39 per cent
    2. Jurassic Park - 37 per cent
    3. The Godfather Trilogy - 35 per cent
    4. Back to the Future - 34 per cent
    5. The Lord of the Rings - 33 per cent
    6. Die Hard - 33 per cent
    7. Pirates of the Caribbean - 31 per cent
    8. Original Star Wars Trilogy - 31 per cent
    9. The Terminator - 30 per cent
    10. Toy Story - 29 per cent
    11. Home Alone - 28 per cent
    12. The Bourne - 26 per cent
    13. Iron Man - 24 per cent
    14. X-Men - 24 per cent
    15. The Matrix - 22 per cent
    16. The Hobbit - 20 per cent
    17. Alien - 20 per cent
    18. Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy - 19 per cent
    19. Captain America - 17 per cent
    20. Mad Max - 17 per cent
    "
    Oh definitely TDK is up there near the top, I would certainly have The Captain America trilogy in my top ten.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 5,185
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's a surprising list, that's for sure. I'd put the Bat Trilogy, LOTR, Die Hard, The Bourne films and the original SW trilogy near the top personally. The rest I'm not all that keen about (not really a fan of the third Godfather either, which brings that series down).

This is the what the voters chose.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/best-movie-trilogy-film-jurassic-park-lord-of-the-rings-indiana-jones-a8547876.html

"1. Indiana Jones - 39 per cent
    2. Jurassic Park - 37 per cent
    3. The Godfather Trilogy - 35 per cent
    4. Back to the Future - 34 per cent
    5. The Lord of the Rings - 33 per cent
    6. Die Hard - 33 per cent
    7. Pirates of the Caribbean - 31 per cent
    8. Original Star Wars Trilogy - 31 per cent
    9. The Terminator - 30 per cent
    10. Toy Story - 29 per cent
    11. Home Alone - 28 per cent
    12. The Bourne - 26 per cent
    13. Iron Man - 24 per cent
    14. X-Men - 24 per cent
    15. The Matrix - 22 per cent
    16. The Hobbit - 20 per cent
    17. Alien - 20 per cent
    18. Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy - 19 per cent
    19. Captain America - 17 per cent
    20. Mad Max - 17 per cent
    "

My favorite part about that survey is that James Bond was voted best movie hero ever.
    He got 4 more votes than Indy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    00Agent wrote: »
    My favorite part about that survey is that James Bond was voted best movie hero ever.
    He got 4 more votes than Indy.
    That certainly was a bit of good news. At least this survey got something right!
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    CAPTION CONTEST

The prototype Dalek always had a soft spot for a cheese sandwich,even Humphrey Bogart's one.
    A survey of 2,000 Americans deems the Indiana Jones trilogy as the greatest trilogy ever, with the second and third being the Jurassic Park and The Godfather trilogies, respectively:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/indiana-jones-named-greatest-movie-trilogy-of-all-time/

Do you agree or disagree?

Disagree by default.