Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Torgeirtrap I bought the majority of the Bond scores from Amazon they do have a great catologue. The rest of my Bond scores are old fashioned cd's

It certainly looks like Amazon's got a lot of music covered. I'm still old fashioned enough to buy a few CD's now and then, but it's usually Bond scores or very specific artists. Getting into vinyl again too, which is fun.

I often look on ebay and Amazon for cd's usually second hand picked up some great albums extremely cheap.

Never done that; should probably consider Ebay the next time around! Thanks for the tip!

I play close attention to customer feed back on items of sellers, generally cds I have got from ebay are in good condition.

Good point. You need CD's to be in a good condition when buying, of course. Luckily Ebay have the rating system in place so you can choose a seller you're likely to trust.

A few items have not turned up though always been reimbursed, I am still trying to get all the albums on CD that I had on LP (I got rid of hundreds of albums) there are still loads of music I need to find and buy.
    @Torgeirtrap I bought the majority of the Bond scores from Amazon they do have a great catologue. The rest of my Bond scores are old fashioned cd's

It certainly looks like Amazon's got a lot of music covered. I'm still old fashioned enough to buy a few CD's now and then, but it's usually Bond scores or very specific artists. Getting into vinyl again too, which is fun.

I often look on ebay and Amazon for cd's usually second hand picked up some great albums extremely cheap.

Never done that; should probably consider Ebay the next time around! Thanks for the tip!

I play close attention to customer feed back on items of sellers, generally cds I have got from ebay are in good condition.

Good point. You need CD's to be in a good condition when buying, of course. Luckily Ebay have the rating system in place so you can choose a seller you're likely to trust.

A few items have not turned up though always been reimbursed, I am still trying to get all the albums on CD that I had on LP (I got rid of hundreds of albums) there are still loads of music I need to find and buy.

Who exactly refunds money if an item doesn't turn up? The seller or Ebay?
    Funny, for me it's the other way around. I'm trying to downscale my CD collection for vinyls, although not necessarily replacing every CD album for the same album on vinyl.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Wonderful cover of this underrated Barry track from TLD

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Roadphill wrote: »

Ooh wee, digging those super thick synths. Nice!
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom

Ooh wee, digging those super thick synths. Nice!

The chap, Rich Douglas has a YouTube channel, well worth subscribing to. There is a lot of Bond related covers he has done as well as some original Bond related music.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Funny, for me it's the other way around. I'm trying to downscale my CD collection for vinyls, although not necessarily replacing every CD album for the same album on vinyl.

The seller or in some cases if the sellers account has been closed for whatever reason eBay has reimbursed me. I have had a couple off disputes though always got my money back.

The seller or in some cases if the sellers account has been closed for whatever reason eBay has reimbursed me. I have had a couple off disputes though always got my money back.

Thanks, that's good to know! Might do a search for some Bond scores on vinyl eventually – hopefully there's some highly rated sellers around that has a few available!

Thanks, that's good to know! Might do a search for some Bond scores on vinyl eventually – hopefully there's some highly rated sellers around that has a few available!

I have only four Bond Albums left on vinyl, I posted a pic a few weeks back I'll look for it.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,105
    DSC_0025.JPG

I should buy a LP wall mounted sleeves to display them.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241
    DSC_0025.JPG

Nice collection of scores, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! LALD and FRWL are two of my favourite Bond scores. Looking at that Ben Hur vinyl in the bottom right corner there, only reminds me that I've never seen the film!
    DSC_0025.JPG

Nice collection of scores, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! LALD and FRWL are two of my favourite Bond scores. Looking at that Ben Hur vinyl in the bottom right corner there, only reminds me that I've never seen the film!

Unfortunately I gave away hundreds of LP's including many great film scores it's all I have left.

Ben Hur is a classic first time I ever watched it I was 12 its almost four hours long I was so engrossed I was still watching it at 2am fantastic film with brilliant music.
    DSC_0025.JPG

Unfortunately I gave away hundreds of LP's including many great film scores it's all I have left.

Ben Hur is a classic first time I ever watched it I was 12 its almost four hours long I was so engrossed I was still watching it at 2am fantastic film with brilliant music.

It's surprising how much space albums take up, and sometimes you just move on to different formats, etc. - making it necessary to get rid of some of them.

You're really making Ben Hur a must see now! Luckily it's a title that can be found everywhere - streaming included.
    DSC_0025.JPG

It's surprising how much space albums take up, and sometimes you just move on to different formats, etc. - making it necessary to get rid of some of them.

You're really making Ben Hur a must see now! Luckily it's a title that can be found everywhere - streaming included.

Ben Hur is a film that would likely be impossible to make now due to how much it would cost. the chariot race alone makes the film worthwhile. I have the remastered version on Bluray its a visually stunning film.

Yeah it's crazy today I have thousands of tracks on my mp3 player, pc, phone etc. Twenty years ago that would be tens of boxes taking up space.
  • Roadphill wrote: »

That's a pretty sweet cover.
    DSC_0025.JPG

Ben Hur is a film that would likely be impossible to make now due to how much it would cost. the chariot race alone makes the film worthwhile. I have the remastered version on Bluray its a visually stunning film.

Yeah it's crazy today I have thousands of tracks on my mp3 player, pc, phone etc. Twenty years ago that would be tens of boxes taking up space.

The clips I've seen from the film looks really great; no doubt the Blu-ray version should look even more impressive. The sets and production design must have cost a fortune!

Agree - the amount of music you can have available through digital files and/or streaming today, is incredible. Because of this, I try to keep my physical album purchases to a minimum.
    DSC_0025.JPG

The clips I've seen from the film looks really great; no doubt the Blu-ray version should look even more impressive. The sets and production design must have cost a fortune!

Agree - the amount of music you can have available through digital files and/or streaming today, is incredible. Because of this, I try to keep my physical album purchases to a minimum.

Wise mate I have quite a few CD towers that I am not keen on so try to hide them lol
    DSC_0025.JPG

Wise mate I have quite a few CD towers that I am not keen on so try to hide them lol

That's the very same issue I have, haha!
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=RumGGxvSrHo

I need to watch OHMSS again sometime soon.

I don't think I'd heard this one. Thanks for sharing. It's like a cool mixture of the orchestral and rock versions.

Rich is a talented fellow. I especially enjoy The Golden Bullet and Unbonded.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 6,682
    I love this. One of my favorite cues of Bond music in general. Brilliant use of the Bond theme. Economical and effective. Those three marimba notes played every other bar... magnificent.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XCBHtJ_PW28&t=3m10s
    DSC_0025.JPG

The Ben Hur love theme is a beautiful track.
    vzok wrote: »
    DSC_0025.JPG

The Ben Hur love theme is a beautiful track.

Ben Hur is certainly a film that deserves all its accolades, Miklós Rózsa's score is one of the very best it has some amazing themes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

One of my favourites.

One of my favourites.

Underrated score I think the film perhaps undermines how great some of the soundtrack is.

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318
    One of my favorites, listening as I post this:

Night at the opera I love that song so mch
  • Risico007 wrote: »

“You know, I love that track so much. If anything happened to it...Idon’tknowwhatIwoulddo.”
    Risico007 wrote: »

Great track QoS arguably Arnold's best score.

“You know, I love that track so much. If anything happened to it...Idon’tknowwhatIwoulddo.”

No need for the attitude
  • Risico007 wrote: »

No need for the attitude

Haha, I was just pointing out the similarity between Risico's phrasing and Lupe's. I love "Night at the Opera" too, and I agree Quantum of Solace might be David Arnold's best Bond score. His greatest work still lies outside of Bond (I doubt he will ever reach the show-stopping heights of Independence Day again, but you never know). But his first and his last (thus far)—TND and QoS—are for me his finest moments for Bond.

No need for the attitude

Haha, I was just pointing out the similarity between Risico's phrasing and Lupe's. I love "Night at the Opera" too, and I agree Quantum of Solace might be David Arnold's best Bond score. His greatest work still lies outside of Bond (I doubt he will ever reach the show-stopping heights of Independence Day again, but you never know). But his first and his last (thus far)—TND and QoS—are for me his finest moments for Bond.

My apologies been awake 24hours that went over my head.