Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Remembering Warren Zevon's passing 7 September 2003.

Can't think of a better tribute to Burt Reynolds than this song. Everyone knows it :

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think Reynolds would have made a decent Bond.
    haven't seen many of his films but Deliverance is awesome
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Burt Reynolds, one of the coolest men in 60s and 70s cinema.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Can't think of a better tribute to Burt Reynolds than this song. Everyone knows it :

I used to have The Best Little Whore house in Texas on VHS
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    R.I.P Burt. He was brilliant in one of my favourite films, Deliverance as the survivalist Lewis Medlock.
    Also liked Sharkey's Machine which he starred in and directed, and The Longest Yard
    In a later role he was just great in Boogie Nights
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,369
    Rapper Mac Miller has passed away of an apparent overdose at the age of 26:

https://people.com/music/mac-miller-dead-apparent-overdose/
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 642
    Burt Reynolds was a legend! In the 70s we had Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, and Burt Reynolds! Macho superstars, the likes of which we’ll never see again.

SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT is a bonafide classic and is the epitome of Burt’s stardom! I’m definitely watching that one again. I also need to see THE CANNONBALL RUN again which I haven’t seen in ages. I especially need to see the Roger Moore scenes which I have mostly forgotten now.

I’m also a fan of GATOR (1976) and MALONE (1987). The latter in particular is underrated. Cliff Robertson plays the baddie.
    Just picked up SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT 2 today on my manhunt for some Burt films. Pity I didn't find the original, but this still gives me my Reynold's fix in light of his passing. Tomorrow I'll try again and also seek out BOOGIE NIGHTS.

RIP, Burt.
    One of my earliest memories of movies is this line from Smokey and the Bandit II:

"Excuse me sir, but your ass is on fire."

Rest in peace, Burt!
  • I remember having a hard time getting through SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT II. It was a huge step down from the first one. I think the angsty melodrama between Burt and Sally killed it. But I found the finale with all that car/truck mayhem to be VERY satisfying.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    RIP, Burt. In honor of his memory I post this "separated at birth?" photo:

Sean-Connery-Burt-Reynolds-James-Bond.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RIP, Burt. In honor of his memory I post this "separated at birth?" photo:

Sean-Connery-Burt-Reynolds-James-Bond.jpg

Both two of the greatest
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    In his younger days, Burt Reynolds had a strong resemblance to Marlon Brando.
  • RIP Bill. I didn’t watch BOB NEWHART but I watched JEANNIE regularly.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,622
    The Dan August series (1970-71) helped make Burt Reynolds a star. Not because it had a long run. It didn't. It only lasted one season. But after it ended, Reynolds took the "blooper reel" with him to talk show appearances. Suddenly, audiences realized he could be very funny.

Also, Reynolds in his early years as an actor was very athletic. He was a former (U.S.) football player in college. You can see how athletic he was in the Dan August main titles.

That series looks to be worth watching. Classic action Burt, with a cast of iconic '70s support actors.

This 1976 action classic was always one of my favourite Reynolds films.
    As a Bond fan this kind of postering always got my attention.
    Lauren Hutton plays the lead Burt Girl in this film.
    As someone else mentioned, Reynolds, Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson were the three great '70s American action stars, but Burt was the dashing charmer of the three.

51JQdOgd5%2BL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Here's another good one! Another Gator adventure!

61Y3ePHYoLL.jpg

Jennifer Billingsley played lead Burt Girl in White Lightning!
    627full-jennifer-billingsley.jpg

If there's a Blu-ray set of Burts best action flicks, I'm snapping it up.
    If it doesn't exist someone should get it out there!
    Burt was awesome! You knew it was a good time at the cinema when Burt was in the starring role.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 642
    I thought GATOR was much more enjoyable than WHITE LIGHTNING!! The former had the late great Jerry Reed (love his singin’ too - that opening tune still gets me!!!) as the baddie who was really good! Of course the following year he was on Burt’s side in SMOKEY, as the Snowman.
    I thought GATOR was much more enjoyable than WHITE LIGHTNING!! The former had the late great Jerry Reed (love his singin’ too - that opening tune still gets me!!!) as the baddie who was really good! Of course the following year he was on Burt’s side in SMOKEY, as the Snowman.

For sure. Gator I think might be my favourite Burt film. I remember, when I first saw it, I really enjoyed it! Lauren Hutton was in top form.
    I love the poster. So very Bond inspired!
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Fenella Fielding RIP. A Carry On legend.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Liz Fraser a few days ago, now Finella Fielding?

d63d65a56623271278b50ffe53c32f02.jpg

RIP
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Fenella in Carry On Screaming. Wow!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Johnny Cash left us on this day, exactly 15 years ago.

French-Algerian singer Rachid Taha has passed away, aged 59 :

https://moroccoworldnews.com/2018/09/253414/rachid-taha-dies/

Remembering my grandfather once again on the fourth anniversary.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Sadly Burt hadn't filmed any scenes for Tarantino's latest, what a shame:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/burt-reynolds-did-not-shoot-role-quentin-tarantinos-new-movie-1140534

Pity. But then, if he had not finished all his scenes, they would have had to recast the role and reshoot the scenes.
    I just learned that Broadway legend Marin Mazzie has passed away, victim of ovarian cancer, at the age of 57 :

https://nytimes.com/2018/09/13/obituaries/marin-mazzie-broadway-musical-star-is-dead-at-57.html

Here are two of her performances :

And speaking of Broadway (and a bit of Hollywood), french theater actress Liliane Montevecchi, famous for her parts in Nine and Grand Hotel, has also left us, on june 29th.

regardencoulisse.com/adieu-liliane/
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,102
    Nice tribute to Fenella Fielding from Mark Kermode...