Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Not a good way to end the day, learning about a news like that. He will be missed.
  • Damnit I really liked him. RIP Burt.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Oh no I love Burt Reynolds, Burt was my nickname years back as I looked a bit like him. Totally gutted. R. I. P.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I do feel saddened, really. Loved the guy.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    What do I watch in his honor this weekend? SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT? DELIVERANCE? CITY HEAT? Or one of the somewhat more artsy movies like EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX, THE PLAYER or BOOGIE NIGHTS? Either way, Burt will be missed big-time. Thank you, and RIP.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RIP Burt Reynolds.

He was to appear in the upcoming Quentin Tarantino movie ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD. Don't know, whether all of his scenes were already shot...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP Burt Reynolds.

He was to appear in the upcoming Quentin Tarantino movie ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD. Don't know, whether all of his scenes were already shot...

I'll be real eager to see if he managed to shoot anything for it - would be great to have his last role be in Tarantino's universe, going out on a high.
  • 56e9a59a52bcd024008b6c67-750.jpg

I think I know how I'll commemorate him tonight.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    MooreFun wrote: »
    56e9a59a52bcd024008b6c67-750.jpg

I think I know how I'll commemorate him tonight.

At work shortly though I'll watch Cannonball Run tomorrow, It was the first Burt film I watched, I wore the video out as a kid. Its a daft fun movie for nostalgia reasons one of my favourites.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    RIP Burt Reynolds. A legend.
    Damn. RIP, Burt. This sucks.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RIP Burt Reynolds.

Also Liz Fraser has passed away aged 88.

Liz-Fraser.jpg

RIP.
    RIP to all the people listed over the last few pages. Most recently today the great Burt Reynolds. Thoughts and prayers to all the families and friends.
    RIP Burt Reynolds, legend till the very end!
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Liz Fraser as well ? Oh shit,here comes the famous ‘celebs die in threes ‘ scenario

RIP Liz ,you were a sexpot in the Carry On films and more xxxx
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    What do I watch in his honor this weekend? SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT? DELIVERANCE? CITY HEAT? Or one of the somewhat more artsy movies like EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX, THE PLAYER or BOOGIE NIGHTS? Either way, Burt will be missed big-time. Thank you, and RIP.

I wouldn’t watch City Heat.
    That’s the film he broke his jaw badly ,lost weight because
    he was on fluids ,and it was rumoured that he had AIDS because of it !!
    A low point for him BIG time.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yeah, I guess SMOKEY epitomises him most for me. Though I didn't think CITY HEAT was so bad the last time...and it does have Clint in addition.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess SMOKEY epitomises him most for me. Though I didn't think CITY HEAT was so bad the last time...and it does have Clint in addition.

I don’t mind the film and I love Burt and Clint but the personal ordeal Burt went through means I wouldn’t pick it .

Met Burt once at a London Comic-con. Got his autograph and he happily posed for a photo with me. He was the friendliest, most welcoming and charming man. A real gent. R.I.P.
    Burt Reynolds. What sad news. Proper man's man of an actor. Would have made a great Bond after Connery imo.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Was not Burt in consideration to play James Bond? Then either UA or Cubby insisted, that Bond has to be played by a Brit.
    Was not Burt in consideration to play James Bond? Then either UA or Cubby insisted, that Bond has to be played by a Brit.

Not them but the actor himself said it .
    Burt and Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson all said the same thing.

Although Burt said in a recent interview that he regrets that decision.

edited September 2018 Posts: 23,108

That's some list of movie roles
    Mary Willard, a comedy playwright and wife of actor Fred Willard, has also passed away at the age of 71:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/mary-willard-died-71-obituary-wife-of-fred-willard-1202458663/
    Burt R was high on Cubbys wanted list.
    Sadly Burt hadn't filmed any scenes for Tarantino's latest, what a shame:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/burt-reynolds-did-not-shoot-role-quentin-tarantinos-new-movie-1140534

I think it was Guy Hamilton who wanted Burt for LALD and Cubby objected as he preferred a taller actor.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just woke up to find out about the passing of Burt Reynolds.
    So many great memories of his work growing up. Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run being some of the highlights. But I think Boogie Nights was his best work.
    RIP Burt.
  • The Dan August series (1970-71) helped make Burt Reynolds a star. Not because it had a long run. It didn't. It only lasted one season. But after it ended, Reynolds took the "blooper reel" with him to talk show appearances. Suddenly, audiences realized he could be very funny.

Also, Reynolds in his early years as an actor was very athletic. He was a former (U.S.) football player in college. You can see how athletic he was in the Dan August main titles.

R. I. P. Burt