No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Yes, you made that very clear. Nevertheless, she and her stepbrother have delivered 8 Bond movies, and only 2 of them were way below par, DAD & SP.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Yes, you made that very clear. Nevertheless, she and her stepbrother have delivered 8 Bond movies, and only 1 of them were way below par, SP.

Fixed that for ya.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Remington wrote: »
    Yes, you made that very clear. Nevertheless, she and her stepbrother have delivered 8 Bond movies, and only 1 of them were way below par, SP.

Fixed that for ya.

I have to rewatch DAD soon. That's something I won't be saying about SP!
    Gentleman, let's not fill the next 10 pages with what was worse, DAD or SP or QOS or whatever. Opinions diverge on that matter and it's like opening a can of worms. Thing is, they've made Bond films to suit every taste, or at least different tastes. Now that is the truth.
  • Roadphill wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Bernard hill could still do the business

@Getafix I think he would make a decent M

I love Fiennes as M and would like to see him continue for years, but if he has to be replaced, I would be perfectly happy to find Hill in the part.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Dave Bautista confirms that there were talks about Hinx’s comeback and his hopes were high. But not anymore. http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/james-bond-007/news/a865569/dave-bautista-james-bond-25-return-spectre-mr-hinx/

Perhaps he’s referring to the Purvis and Wade old script and when Hodge’s idea came aboard, there was no more Hinx…

Thank heavens for that. Bautista’s Mr. Hinx, apart from Craig’s other rather henchmanless films, was the most nondescript henchman we’ve had since Eric Kriegler. Grunther even, if you want to say Locque was the real henchman of FYEO, and nobody was clamoring for Grunther to come back and swing more billyclubs in Diamonds Are Forever.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    The Oscar's have decided to postpone their new "popular" award:

the return of henchmen is generally a bad idea. MR wouldn't have lost much had Jaws not been in it. in fact it might have been better
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2018 Posts: 2,541
    I enjoyed Bautista in Spectre but I want a new henchmen especially someone like Red Grant
    My prediction for b25 synopsis assuming the Boyle hodge idea stays : in a time of political tension a foreign power rises against England in the form of a new world order led by "insert Russian dictator villains name". Desperate and with limited resources mi6 enlists former 00 agent James Bond for one last mission, an older world weary 007 struggles to embrace who he is to protect queen & country from its greatest threat yet.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Roland Emmerich’s ‘Midway’ Stakes Out James Bond 25 Release Date
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/midway-release-date-james-bond-25-1202928415/

Should Bond 25 keep its original release date it will be in direct box office competition with 'Midway' and 'Sonic the Hedgehog' in the US.

• edited September 2018 Posts: 214

Fixed that for ya.

UnsightlyNextAnteater-max-1mb.gif
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    He really was underwater? Wtf
  • What the hell just happened? Have you seen the limited Director short list?
    Less experience, more bling.

Obviously, Babs et. al don't want to get that Academy Award they'd been working hard to aim for throughout the series while Craig has played the role.

• RC7RC7

Crazy, right? Given how much he ‘hates being Bond’.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »

Oh, yeah, his so devoted he's even willing to get wet. Tom Cruise eat your heart out.
  • RC7RC7

Oh, yeah, his so devoted he's even willing to get wet. Tom Cruise eat your heart out.

There’s a distinct difference. DC is devoted to being Bond. Tom Cruise is devoted to being Tom Cruise.

There’s a distinct difference. DC is devoted to being Bond. Tom Cruise is devoted to being Tom Cruise.

+1

That's pretty cool that it wasn't just a simple photo shop job! I'd hoped for a Seamaster return for Bond 25, but I'm not a fan of the new redesign.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Is it likely there will be a filmed advertisement of this? Seems like quite a lot of work for a print ad, as water can easily be photoshopped in afterwards.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited September 2018 Posts: 7,969

When does Daniel Craig play James Bond in any of his films? He doesn't - that's why each one ends with a "and now here's the man you remember" scene, before the next film starts from square one again. I guess you could say he's Bond in those last moments from each film.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Coolest thing I saw all week, but that rubber strap is a big no.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    OwenDavian wrote: »

Fixed that for ya.

UnsightlyNextAnteater-max-1mb.gif

I'll give you that, but a terrible scene like that doesn't mean the whole movie is sh*t.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Can we just all stop attacking Daniel Craig and start attacking Barbara Broccoli?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJOm2mRHDE0
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 214

Fixed that for ya.[/quote]

UnsightlyNextAnteater-max-1mb.gif[/quote]

I'll give you that, but a terrible scene like that doesn't mean the whole movie is sh*t.[/quote]

You're right. Only about 85% of it is.

DIEANOTHERDAY_D1_PS-7.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Can we just all stop attacking Daniel Craig and start attacking Barbara Broccoli?

How about not attack anybody? Christ grow up.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Coolest thing I saw all week, but that rubber strap is a big no.
    I kinda like it. I could see him wearing blue fins and scuba mask to match like in TB- that would be a nice touch. Seeing Craig's Bond get some 'come and dive' action is near the top of my wish list.
    I would love to see some aquatic action going on in Craig's finale. He got a little bit with SF, but I'd love to see some more.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 5,767

@PanchitoPistoles, please don´t call for people to attack someone. That´s not funny.

I really don´t get the hate for DAD. It´s one of the most consistent Bond films of the last decades.

I think I´m lost. What thread are we in again?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I would love to see some aquatic action going on in Craig's finale. He got a little bit with SF, but I'd love to see some more.
    True, and trying to save Vesper too. On the whole, Craig's Bond has pretty much stayed on land - not much aerial action either, although SP alone somewhat made up for that, I guess.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That specific watch ideally shouldn't be worn in that configuration with a dinner jacket. Hopefully if that appears in the film (and I hope it doesn't), they have it on a metal strap or Bond is in diving gear when wearing it.