Bond 25 (and Beyond) directors you consider. This can be directors, second Unit Director or D.O.P.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If Bond 25 isn't panning out the way they had originally intended, let's get Cavill to star and Campbell to return then - as has been noted, he must've seen something in him and I've certainly warmed to the idea of Cavill as Bond, as have others. He could deliver something truly special.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If Bond 25 isn't panning out the way they had originally intended, let's get Cavill to star and Campbell to return then - as has been noted, he must've seen something in him and I've certainly warmed to the idea of Cavill as Bond, as have others. He could deliver something truly special.

Toss Arnold in as well; recently I listed to the scores for CR and QOS; both are strong, I think he would come back with a vengeance.
    Cavill was truly awful back then. he's got better. just watched him in MI and thought he did a decent job. don't see him as Bond at all though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I can see it. :D
    6pONKUJl.png
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 11,425
    nope. he looks like a parody.

has the right look for superman though- good casting choice there
    ;)
    XkHc8MC.png
    Murdock wrote: »
    ;)
    XkHc8MC.png

now that's a Bond face....
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I love the color green.

( this is just a test to see if Getafix says, no, actually red is superior) ;)
    ;)
    XkHc8MC.png

This will now be my go-to pout face anytime someone disagrees with me!
    ;)
    XkHc8MC.png

I hope there's a GIF of this somewhere!
    Getafix wrote: »

He looks like Bond.
    JBHammer02-3.jpg

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    talos7 wrote: »
    Even if he doesn’t direct another film,
    I’d like to have Martin Campbell brought in to shoot the screentest of potential Bonds.
    At that point in his career, he might find that appealing and profitable.

That could be a good idea!
    He should be allowed to screentest the female characters (lead as well as supporting) as well. He has a superb record with that too imho.
    Why would you want someone as mediocre as Martin Campbell to direct the first Bond movie of the next era, when the great Christopher Nolan is waiting in the wings?
    Why would you want someone as mediocre as Martin Campbell to direct the first Bond movie of the next era, when the great Christopher Nolan is waiting in the wings?

Are you for real? :))
    bondjames wrote: »
    I’d like to have Martin Campbell brought in to shoot the screentest of potential Bonds.

He should be allowed to screentest the female characters (lead as well as supporting) as well. He has a superb record with that too imho.

I take it he screen tested Eva Green? :-D
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 385

1415187744942.jpg

but seriously, "How Original" is the best way I can respond to cries for Nolan.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Honestly I'm not sure, but the 'girls' in his Bond films are quite outstanding imho. Izabella, Famke, Eva and Caterina are all faves of mine. None were too famous before they got the roles either.
    @Murdock When people here keep suggesting mediocre directors for the first Bond movie of the next era, I have no choice but to repeat myself.

Still waiting on that Radiohead theme song for SP. Every time I check the movie out, I notice it's Sam Smith singing.
    @Murdock When people here keep suggesting mediocre directors for the first Bond movie of the next era, I have no choice but to repeat myself.

@PanchitoPistoles , I tell you. You need to take your gig to Vegas. You got what it takes to do terrific stand up. You could be the next Louis CK. Take this act on the streets and joke your heart out. :D
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,619
    @Creasy47 You don't get it. The point is not that Nolan will definitely 100% direct BOND 26. The point is that I find it utterly baffling people here keep suggesting mediocre directors for the job, when we know one of the greatest directors today is eager to direct the film.
    @Creasy47 You don't get it. The point is not that Nolan will definitely 100% direct BOND 26. The point is that I find it utterly baffling people here keep suggesting mediocre directors for the job, when we know one of the greatest diretcors today is eager to direct the film.

Stop!, I can't breathe! This is too funny. I haven't laughed this hard in hours. =))
    You could sell out the garden with this material. Where do you get your inspiration from? I must know!

Honestly I'm not sure, but the 'girls' in his Bond films are quite outstanding imho. Izabella, Famke, Eva and Caterina are all faves of mine. None were too famous before they got the roles either.

Very true, and I share your opinion on all of them! Can't get much better, that's for sure.

Campbell over Nolan any day of the week! Can't stand the latter's (over-)self-indulgent overlong spectacles that overshadows completely forgettable characters and convoluted plots. Can't even remember what Inception really was about.
    @Creasy47 You don't get it. The point is not that Nolan will definitely 100% direct BOND 26. The point is that I find it utterly baffling people here keep suggesting mediocre directors for the job, when we know one of the greatest directors today is eager to direct the film.

Mediocre director = the guy who delivered two installments that most at large whole-heartedly love? Yeah, no. He also showed he's still got the magic with The Foreigner.

I'd figure considering you were blatantly wrong in the past that you'd cool it with the cocky hyperbole, but apparently not. Unless you've got a time machine to offer me, then only time will tell if you're right - but I'll get a hearty chuckle out of the situation if not.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Ahh Christopher Nolan. The most overrated, pretentious director in the business. I like his first two Batman films but every other film he's made has bored me to tears. Especially Dunkirk. I'd rather have Sam Mendes back and that's saying something.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    How about Matthew Vaughn?
  • Steve McQueen

Tom Ford

Francis Lawrence

Joe Wright
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    My top 5 wishlist right now, not counting the incredibly improbable candidates such as Tarantino and Danny Boyle:

1. Christopher Nolan
    2. Tom Ford
    3. Yorgos Lanthimos
    4. Steven Soderbergh
    5. Ralph Fiennes

Dude why don’t u add Lars von trier if u want a complete list of arty people who shouldn’t be let near bond
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 5,767
    I can see it. :D
    6pONKUJl.png
    Yes, Michael Weatherly for Bond :-))!

Getafix wrote: »

He looks like Bond.
    JBHammer02-3.jpg
    Dear @Murdock, you mixed up the suit with the face there.
    Huh?