Connery did a FRWL game in 2005, which film/actor would you like to see with a game next?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting Bond:
    If they did that I wouldn't want it as Craig. They already
    ruined the remake of GoldenEye 007 by using him in the game. Either all
    the Bond actors separately for their movies’ respective moments, or a generic
    Bond figure like they used to do in the games during the Brosnan era.
    You'd rather have a generic Bond than the current one? Wow, I can't agree with that.
    Okay People STOP FIGHTING >:/
    Lets Say " IF there could be a game based on a old bond movie what would it be" can any one change the name?
    [-O<
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I suggest a Bond game where you can choose yourself which Bond you'll be. They could all be hired to read the lines. Even for the cutscenes it poses no problems. E.g. Jedi Academy.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 503
    Quoting Samuel001: You'd rather have a generic Bond than the current one? Wow, I can't agree with that.
    If a game is spanning all of the EON films that starred several actors, then yes. They already made this mistake with the GoldenEye 007 remake. They never once put Brosnan in a game of one of the previous actors' films, nor would I have wanted that to happen. Especially now that we've had a game featuring Connery's voice and likeness.

It's disrespectful to the actor(s) that contributed to the franchise.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Quoting Bond: They never once put Brosnan in a game of one of the previous actors' films, nor would I have wanted that to happen.
    Brosnan only did one game - Everything or Nothing. Then they made FRWL with Connery. Once Craig was cast, he's the only possible actor that can be used in a video game until he quits the role.
    He only voiced one game, but his likeness is clearly used in a few previous games. Video games weren't really considered significant or important enough to warrant getting the actual actor's voice in them until the time Everything or Nothing came out.
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: Once Craig was cast, he's the only possible actor that can be used in a video game until he quits the role.
    Fine, I accept that, but it's still disrespectful to make a game about a previous actor's film and put Craig in the lead role, which they did with the GE007 remake. Either wait it out, or make an original game. Same with if they make a "compilation game" featuring all 22 films.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Bond I was one of the first people outraged by Craig doing the GE remake. The thought alone of a new actor replacing the original actor makes me retch. I have a firm position on the issue - No altering of past Bond movies, be it new DVD releases, film or game remake. I don't even consider the GEWii game part of the franchise, it's just too big of an insult. And Bean? Karyo? Coltrane? All wonderful actors that have been removed from the remake as well.
  • I think it's time for Roger to have a go. I think he'd be up for doing the voice too, he seems like the kind of guy who would be interested in doing something new. And i'm sure there is an entire sound archive of Roger doing grunts and moans.

The two obvious choices would be MOONRAKER and THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, but all of the Roger movies seem to be perfectly suited to the video game genre. Driving the Lotus off the end of the peir, fighting Gobinda on top of a moving train, working your way through an egyptian temple, escaping a crocadile farm, a boat chase down the bayous, fighting Zorin of the Golden Gate Bridge... endless posibilities, and surely much more fun than what we've seen in the Daniel Craig games so far.
  • %%- spy,,, would make agreat game, under water, jaws, oil tanker ....need i say more
  • i recken either roger moore or george lazenby it would be good to see another lazenby bond performance
    I know its not going to happen since GE Wii was just released, but I feel a game that follows the plot of the GE film very closely and is in 3rd person would be a hell of a game.

I'd also like to see OHMSS, TLD or GF.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I would like to see...
    1) "Goldfinger" made into a game but I don't think Sean would do it since he's retired now.
    2) "Thunderball" once again, Sean probably wouldn't do it.
    3) "Moonraker" would be pretty sweet for a game and I'm sure Moore would do it.
    I'd like to see these Bond movies made into games:

(1). Live and Let Die
    (2.) License to Kill
    (3.) Tomorrow Never Dies- remake of the older one from the late '90s
    (4.) Octopussy
    (5.) Thunderball
    Quoting dragonsky: there should be ALL BOND game together with 50th year celebration.You should go through all the greatest moments of the all movies you are doing all greatest movie moment and you are playing as all Bond actors
    If they ever made such a game, there would be more lawyers on staff than developers. ;-)
    hahaha lol but i can dream can't i?
  • Setting side the contractual obligation of only using the current actor playing Bond...

Several films would have enough plot and different locations to make for a standalone game. But when I think of some games I've played with huge numbers of levels I think they could do a Connery games using many bits from each of his films, leading up to Blofeld in DAF being the big boss. As there was an running thread of Spectre in almost all of Connery's films (tangental though it was in DN) I could see that working. I think you could also do a "greatest hits" game for Moore's Bond but without an underlying thread. I think that a game featuring his Bond could be different enough from a Connery game to make it interesting.

Brosnan and Craig's tenures are still too current to have the retro appeal of a Connery or Moore game, and I think that Lazenby and Dalton don't have enough penetration in the memories of the general public to generate sales. Although I would be very intrigued by a Dalton based game...
    That's an awesome idea, thelordflasheart! I'd like to see a greatest hits thing where every fight in a Bond movie is put together in like a series package. For instance, they could release the fights from Dr. No all through You Only Live Twice, sort of like a "five at a time deal."
    I know no one would agree with this but, I'd like to see Connery again!!! Set in the first half of 1960s decade, with Third-Person perspective video game, Sean Connery stars as James Bond 007 in "GoldenEye". BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT! IT SHOULD ""NNNOOTT" BE C.O.D.-ISED! It should feature classic gameplay.
    Imagine GoldenEye in 1960s... with Sean Connery...as Bond...
    You'll have to convince Connery... which is pretty much mission impossible now !!
    You'll have to convince Connery... which is pretty much mission impossible now !!
    But, do you agree with me, DaltonCraig007?
    No - I'd prefer a Dalton or Moore video game. honestly.
    No - I'd prefer a Dalton or Moore video game. honestly.
    For Dalton video game, I'd prefer LTK for release or a brand new story based on Gardner's novels with updated plotline fitting with 21st century adventure aspects (not like Bourne's), with Dalton current look (with grey coloured short hair and more bold voice, like in Looney Tunes Back in Action).

For Moore video game, i'd like to see FYEO. Honesty, I'm working on FYEO video game customizing it on Max Payne 2 engine. It's really hard but I'm trying to get to it.
    Looney Tunes Back in Action
    Very interesting choice of film... :-))
    Looney Tunes Back in Action
    Very interesting choice of film... :-))
    No, really, haven't you seen it? Dalton brought homage to Bond in there as he was a Bond-like spy named Damian Drake.
    FYEO would be an epic Roger Moore 007 video game! That and TSWLM would make great games. I can just imagine the last level of FYEO, the fight at St. Cyril's with Kriegler. If they ever made this, I'd hope they would throw in a hand-to-hand combat fighting system, rather than tap a button and presto! Also, could you imagine doing a gun fight aboard The Liparus in a TSWLM video game? That would be the perfect game shoot-out.
    Yes I saw the film, I own the DVD !! But honestly, it isn't the best film Dalton made in his career. But we all know SPACE JAM is better.
    Yes I saw the film, I own the DVD !! But honestly, it isn't the best film Dalton made in his career. But we all know SPACE JAM is better.
    Well, honesty, I prefer Looney Tunes: Back in Action. I dreamed to see Bugs Bunny in a spy film. As for Dalton... I just brought an example for his new appearance, more older, better.
    @JamesBond... Now I know you were Pierce_James_Bond on the old MI6Forums !!

Anyway, back to topic...
    Personally, I'd like to see them make all the Bond movies into games, with the exception of FRWL, GE, TWINE, CR, and QOS. I do think a re-make of TND should be in order, due to the first one's failure. Anyway, I think that every Bond movie would make an exceptional video game, and if they can't get the Bond actor to voice the character, then at least get their likeness. For instance, in Nightfire, Brosnan's likeness is top-notch, and the guy who voiced him sounds just like him.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 267
    The movies I'd like to see in a 3rd person format like EoN would be FRWL (and I'm not counting that '05 butchery of FRWL as a game), GF, OHMSS, TLD, LALD, GE, and CR. GE and CR were recently made into new games, but I can't help but think how much better those two movies would be in a 3rd person format. Imagine playing something with gameplay like Splinter Cell, but with more action, gunfights, and car chases added in. And with GE it would allow them to still cash in off of the GE name, and put together a new game in a way people have never played the GE story before.

Is the only way we could get a game like OHMSS with Lazenby's likeness now would be for us to be in another in-between period of Bond's like how we got Connery's likeness between Brosnan and Craig?