Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

edited April 2012 in Actors Posts: 172
Out of the 2 "post-Cold war" Bonds which would be your pick?

I choose Craig, more believable,more dangerous, more convincing, and have more strong acting skills

Comments

Craig. No question about it. Best Bond since Connery, and I think Skyfall will confirm that for a lot of fans, critics and the general audience.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Brosnan by a fair margin.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Craig by a galactic margin.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Craig, no doubts here!
    Craig by a fairly large margin.
    Do I have to say anything? B-)
    Craig. Brosnan is just copy of Lazenby, but more is Bond.
    Craig. Daniel Craig.

He means business.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Daniel Craig, of course.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Craig

He's more man than Zeus.
  • Craig knows how to play Bond, Brosnan could not get the job done. No contest.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Craig. He's just a better actor.
    Easily Brosnan. Don´t get me wrong, I like Craig. But he doesn´t stand a chance against the king.
  • Ok, now that the obvious two dissenting votes are in :))
    wow Craig 14 ; Brosnan only got 2 so far..., i guess people love Craig's Bond more on his acting skills than Brosnan's GQ persona
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Brosnan. He's just classic Bond, he can be angry, dark or funny. I like Craig, but I like Brosnan a bit better. Maybe Skyfall will change that.
  • Brosnan. He's just classic Bond, he can be angry, dark or funny. I like Craig, but I like Brosnan a bit better. Maybe Skyfall will change that.

Oh, I think it will for many not in Craig's corner as Bond, except those who think Bond has to have dark hair. Which Roger Moore did not either I might add. But he did have the classic portrayal DC has not had.

Brosnan. He's just classic Bond, he can be angry, dark or funny. I like Craig, but I like Brosnan a bit better. Maybe Skyfall will change that.

Strange. Dalton's fan votes against Craig. (Craig looks for me as mix of all the Bonds (of course, largest part is Daltons :) )
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837

Oh, I think it will for many not in Craig's corner as Bond, except those who think Bond has to have dark hair. Which Roger Moore did not either I might add. But he did have the classic portrayal DC has not had.

I don't care about what Craig looks like, I just want a real classic Bond film out of him. Gadgets, no moping about the girl he gets with, etc. It was fine for CR because the series needed a change, but now I think it's time they got back to normal.
    W_PPK wrote:

Strange. Dalton's fan votes against Craig. (Craig looks for me as mix of all the Bonds (of course, largest part is Daltons :) )

Yeah, I do find Craig similar to Dalton, but he's missing something that Dalton and Brosnan had, and that's fun. I liked CR, but I didn't like QOS and I hope Skyfall will get things back on track. Plus, I think Dalton pulled of the whole realistic, serious thing better.
    W_PPK wrote:

Thelivingroyale is a very smart man and sees the brilliance in Brosnan´s performances.
    Plus Brosnan´s Bond wasn´t that far from Dalton´s.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Plus Brosnan´s Bond wasn´t that far from Dalton´s.

Of course no, just 6 years >:)
  • Brosnan. He's just classic Bond, he can be angry, dark or funny. I like Craig, but I like Brosnan a bit better. Maybe Skyfall will change that.

I don't care about what Craig looks like, I just want a real classic Bond film out of him. Gadgets, no moping about the girl he gets with, etc. It was fine for CR because the series needed a change, but now I think it's time they got back to normal.
    W_PPK wrote:

Yeah, I do find Craig similar to Dalton, but he's missing something that Dalton and Brosnan had, and that's fun. I liked CR, but I didn't like QOS and I hope Skyfall will get things back on track. Plus, I think Dalton pulled of the whole realistic, serious thing better.

And FUN is part of the classic portrayal, is it not? Craig's Bond was having a lot more fun in CR until Vesper turned, if you had noticed. Even then, the handcuffs line had people laughing in the theater. QOS' problems rest with the script not fleshing out the story, not with Craig. It's going to be about the script and what he has to work with. If Craig had the GE or the TND scripts, no question and 1000% sure he would have made those movies better. And smart enough to come up with better lines.

Craig can do Bond, like everything else, better than Brozzer if they let him. As I said, a much better actor.

W_PPK wrote:

And FUN is part of the classic portrayal, is it not? Craig's Bond was having a lot more fun in CR until Vesper turned, if you had noticed. Even then, the handcuffs line had people laughing in the theater. QOS' problems rest with the script not fleshing out the story, not with Craig. It's going to be about the script and what he has to work with. If Craig had the GE or the TND scripts, no question and 1000% sure he would have made those movies better. And smart enough to come up with better lines.

Craig can do Bond, like everything else, better than Brozzer if they let him. As I said, a much better actor.

I think that's harsh on Brosnan. But I know it's not Craigs fault, I just don't find his films that fun. CR was good though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Is this seriously a thread?! Ha!

Craig. OBVIOUSLY!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    No brainer O''Brady, no brainer.

@ TLR- sorry, but Pierce is my least favorite Bond. It may sound harsh, but it is how I feel. I am not trying to bash him, I respect him for taking the role and doing the best he could with what he got. He had some good moments along the way when the script allowed for it and the scene was within his capabilities. Even he admits he did not play the role up to Bond standards. And continuing to be completely fair, I have watched their movies outside of Bond and still feel the gap in talent is considerably in favor of Craig.
    No brainer O''Brady, no brainer.

@ TLR- sorry, but Pierce is my least favorite Bond. It may sound harsh, but it is how I feel. I am not trying to bash him, I respect him for taking the role and doing the best he could with what he got. He had some good moments along the way when the script allowed for it and the scene was within his capabilities. Even he admits he did not play the role up to Bond standards. And continuing to be completely fair, I have watched their movies outside of Bond and still feel the gap in talent is considerably in favor of Craig.

That's fine, you have your own opinion. At least you're not like others on here, who instead of posting a real reason, just write the same old stuff about how crap Brosnan is.
    Maybe Craig
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    IMO Brosnan was better at one-liners, had better movies, looked more like Bond, was more charming and acted more like Bond. He also had great gadgets and was a great successor to Moore. Craig might be the better actor and would most likely have done TWINE better than Brosnan, but he is in no way the better Bond IMO.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Brosnan is the worst Bond in the series history so easily Craig who is my second.

Craig might not have given us his fully formed Bond yet but at least it's not like watching a Connery/ Moore tribute act.

• Thanks TLR. I appreciate your open mindedness about Craig as well instead of blindly writing the same old crap the usual Craig haters rely on.

Here's all that anyone here needs to know about my feelings on the franchise other than of course, Connery is the man. I have been a fan since 1968, when I was 6 or 7 and watched a TB/YOLT double feature. A seminal moment in my life that sparked a lifelong love of Bond. I am appreciative of every actor who has taken the role. As long as it is an EON production, also of course. As much as I may dislike certain movies in the series, and believe me I can find something enjoyable in any EON film that makes me come back, it is better to have a world with Bond than without. You will never read of me going out of my way to bash a Bond or a movie, which I would add is very disappointing when I see it, and when I read someone crying about how they will never go see another Bond movie after watching QOS, to me they are not a true fan. I just tell it like I see it and when negative, I give logical reasons.

IMO Brosnan was better at one-liners, had better movies, looked more like Bond, was more charming and acted more like Bond. He also had great gadgets and was a great successor to Moore. Craig might be the better actor and would most likely have done TWINE better than Brosnan, but he is in no way the better Bond IMO.

Typical Moore Whoore statement right there, Moore and Brosnan go hand in hand in style, no surprise you would write this. Here is where I would agree with you regarding Brosnan- he looked more like Bond than Moore.