No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    In terms of demange if he has already gotten the gig then they will probably wait until the release of white boy rick to announce his involvement which comes out September 15
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    In terms of demange if he has already gotten the gig then they will probably wait until the release of white boy rick to announce his involvement which comes out September 15
    Good point. The only issue I see with this is that everyone will be asking him about Bond and it will overshadow hype and marketing for the film he is meant to be promoting. Something similar happened with Logan Lucky. So they may want to wait until that promo is done before springing the announcement imho.

That would make sense!
    Would rather it was Mackenzie, but Demange will be interesting!
    Oh and I'm ok with 'Shatterhand', better than SKYFALL, which I've always disliked!
    bondjames wrote: »
    Good point. The only issue I see with this is that everyone will be asking him about Bond and it will overshadow hype and marketing for the film he is meant to be promoting. Something similar happened with Logan Lucky. So they may want to wait until that promo is done before springing the announcement imho.

How long does promotional duties go on for, really?
    SHATTERHAND
    STAVRO
    SUPERNOVA
    SUNCHILD
    SOLARIS
    SATURN
    SEVENTH SON
    SUN TSU
    SPYKILLER
    SORDID SOD

I'm not sure. It will depend on how the release is staggered. Couple of months, I would think. He probably has a requirement to do the rounds too, which will keep him busy.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Why I think it would be a smart move to announce then is to increase box office returns for white boy rick
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,999
    I've never really liked the Shatterhand title. If that ends up as the final title, it will take some time to acknowledge, like Skyfall and Spectre.

Also; another "S" title…?

Why is having another title that starts with an "S" an issue?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Shatterhand isn’t a bad title. That being said, the one-word “S” title trend is wearing out its welcome, and my Top 2 titles I’d like to see are “The Property of a Lady” and “Risico.”

Exactly. I actually like the title SHATTERHAND, but then it becomes too "cute" with the one word "S"es.

It is a bit off-putting. Still, I would accept this title for Bond 25 over many other potential choices. Sadly, we are probably a long ways off from any official title announcement - likely no earlier than December.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Above The Shatterhand
    Shatterhand To Kill
    Marked For Shatterhand
    On Deadly Shatterhand
    Shatterhand Down Below
    The Shatterhand Man

...etc.
    Wouldn't it be a bit anticlimactic to have a working title that is known and then becomes the official title? I thought they like to make a big hoopla about these things at their big announcement, and we're quite a few months away from that.

Wilson opened the Skyfall press conference saying he'd "like to confirm the worst kept secret in London, the title of the film..." so I wouldn't count it out just yet.

I'm not sure. It will depend on how the release is staggered. Couple of months, I would think. He probably has a requirement to do the rounds too, which will keep him busy.

Thanks. If he does get the gig, I wonder when it's best to announce it. Might give a boost for the promotional tour if it's announced early.
    I've never really liked the Shatterhand title. If that ends up as the final title, it will take some time to acknowledge, like Skyfall and Spectre.

Skyfall, Spectre, Shatterhand. @Birdleson and @FoxRox shares my view on the matter:
    Shatterhand isn’t a bad title. That being said, the one-word “S” title trend is wearing out its welcome, and my Top 2 titles I’d like to see are “The Property of a Lady” and “Risico.”

Exactly. I actually like the title SHATTERHAND, but then it becomes too "cute" with the one word "S"es.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2018 Posts: 3,157
    I think they should re-title all the previous Bond movies so that they start with an "S"

For example:

SEEK OUT DR. NO
    SINCERELY, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
    SIR GOLDFINGER
    SAFETY MANAGEMENT: THUNDERBALL
    SO, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
    SECRET SERVICE
    SPECIAL DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
    SAY LIVE AND LET DIE

And so on...
    Walecs wrote: »
    I think they should re-title all previous Bond movies so that they start with an "S"

For example:

SEEK OUT DR. NO
    SINCERELY, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
    SIR GOLDFINGER
    SAFETY MANAGEMENT: THUNDERBALL
    SO, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
    SECRET SERVICE
    SPECIAL DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
    SAY LIVE AND LET DIE

And so on...

Hahaha, brilliant! :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I don't see any problem with the title SHATTERHAND.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    A three-syllable S title is preferable to a two-syllable one, for title song purposes.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    echo wrote: »
    A three-syllable S title is preferable to a two-syllable one, for title song purposes.

Don't need to call the song the same as the film title, though. Nobody Does It Better the prime example.
    Yes, but it's better when they do. Except that one time.
    Phonetically it does sound different. It's just on the written form that, in a list, becomes too cute.

But I do like it. Always did. Now if only they could keep the Japan locations and the general story from YOLT...
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    I love the idea of having a Fleming related title. 3 S titles in row might be a bit much, but it does get me excited.

• edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    They need an artists that can pronounce "Shatterhand" properly, though. Might end up sounding like "shat her hand"…
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    With all this talk about Shatterhand, 2017 tabloid talk might have some weight again.

"James Bond will travel to Croatia in the 25th instalment of the 007 franchise.

The film has the working title Shatterhand and the plot sees Daniel Craig's spy battle a blind supervillain.

Scriptwriters are believed to be basing parts of the plot on the 1999 thriller Never Dream Of Dying by US author Raymond Benson, who also wrote Bond books Tomorrow Never Dies, Die Another Day and The World is Not Enough.

The novel opens with a police raid on a French movie studio that goes badly wrong, while an actress with a sordid past leads Bond to his final target.

A source said: "Bond scriptwriters feel it could be the perfect follow-up to Spectre. They are hoping to film in Croatia next year."

The insider said producers had been furious when a local mayor revealed they had been scouting for locations in the coastal tourist hotspot of Dubrovnik."
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Shatterhand sounds exactly like an Austin Powers title. It would work very well as the title of a Bond parody, but it would be a truly awful Bond title. There is simply no way I would watch a Bond movie titled 'Shatterhand' at the cinemas, I would skip it even if it were directed by the great Chris Nolan.

"Hi, two tickets for Shatterhand, please!"
    Forget it!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Thanks. If he does get the gig, I wonder when it's best to announce it. Might give a boost for the promotional tour if it's announced early.

Skyfall, Spectre, Shatterhand. @Birdleson and @FoxRox shares my view on the matter:

Again, why is having another title that starts with "S" an issue? Sounds more nitpicky. SHATTERHAND I think makes a good title.

However, assuming the P&W uses a lot of the unused elements of YOLT, "The Garden of Death" would make a nice title too. It doesn't sound "actiony", but so many Fleming titles never did anyway.
    Shatterhand sounds exactly like an Austin Powers title. It would work very well as the title of a Bond parody, but it would be a truly awful Bond title. There is simply no way I would watch a Bond movie titled 'Shatterhand' at the cinemas, I would skip it even if it were directed by the great Chris Nolan.

Even though I'm not crazy about that title either, that's taking it a bit far just over a title, isn't it?

I would probably not bother going to the theatre if Mendes was announced to direct, though.

Forget it!
    Are you sure? Come on, if Nolan has the gig you'll be there for sure!

You have a point on the title sounding a bit comical though. I doubt this is what we'll get so I'm not bothered.

Forget it!

I doubt it. Anyone posting on a James Bond website is seeing Shatterhand on opening day--or weekend at the outside. :)

I like Shatterhand as a title more than Skyfall or Spectre. The extra syllable helps. You gotta give Dame Bassey something to work with...
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 6,665

Forget it!

You, sir, are hilarious. Not kidding, I laughed. A lot :)

So, Goldfinger sounds like a proper Bond title to you? Or too much like a French nail polisher? ;)
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    "Shatterhand" doesn't work in Germany. Old Shatterhand is a very popular character of German Wild West stories and movies.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Couldn't care less about the title as long as film itself is good.