No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    Have you been drinking while watching the football, Barry?

Always ;)
    barryt007 wrote: »
    vzok wrote: »
    Just make the f***ng film.
    (Preferably without the poisoned apple that is Daniel Craig).

Are you available to direct B25?

That will only give @barryt007 the opportunity to reintroduce Kara!

YES !!!! killed by a car in 5 seconds.....3 times !!

I wonder how you're going to sell that idea to EON! :))

Call it a dramatic Craig'ish memory.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

What's the biggest film of the year? Infinity War. Nearly everyone dies in that one, so why not kill off all of these jokers in the next Bond film too? They like to follow trends, so it makes sense. Get some emotions going in the audience and all that. Not as far fetched as we may think.
    bondjames wrote: »

What's the biggest film of the year? Infinity War. Nearly everyone dies in that one, so why not kill off all of these jokers in the next Bond film too? They like to follow trends, so it makes sense. Get some emotions going in the audience and all that. Not as far fetched as we may think.

We are British ,we dont do things like that old friend...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I realize a sense of decency is customary, but $$ talks, and these sort of stunts seems to work at pulling in the punters, to my chagrin.

I realize a sense of decency is customary, but $$ talks, and these sort of stunts seems to work at pulling in the punters, to my chagrin.

No Craig goes and no death....a one off Bond film with our new 007 ,not too big,save that for his second mission,introduce him first ...business as usual.

Basically MAKING A BOND FILM..
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Self-Preservation Society!

Self-Preservation Society!

Spot one old boy..!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Univex wrote: »
    They kill Bond in the PTS only to backtrack for the entire film and show us he's not really dead. Something out of a sitcom but hey... FRWL shades and all that.

Personally I think there's a ton of more ingenious new ideas to use. Brainwashed, amnesia, apparent death, all been use to death (pun intended). Time to use the little grey cells and think of something new.

Bond presumed dead happened two films ago, so yes, that's hardly an original idea.

Call it a dramatic Craig'ish memory.

Hahaha!

Boyle's big idea, perhaps? Just kill everyone – making the most shocking Bond film ever?
  • I think Bond being killed off could be really emotional ending if done right. I don't get why it's seen by some as so disrespectful. He's not real and it won't be the end of the series. They can just carry on as normal with the next actor afterwards like they always have done.
    I just see it as somewhat lazy most of all. I mean if the big idea is just to kill James Bond, that’s pretty underwhelming in the originality department. YOLT already had his faked death, too. I would be stunned if they could actually pull it off (death/ambiguous death) in any worthwhile way. It’s possible, but I sort of doubt they will actually kill Bond in the next one - maybe an ambiguous thing at most.
    If Bond dies then the series becomes a joke and joins the other series....thats me done....Damn i wish the only Bond i knew in real life,Sir Roger,was still alive,we need him now.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 6,665
    Here's my instant pitch:

The film begins with Bond doing something quite anti-heroic, to our amazement (Like Bond killing M). Then we soon realize that ex-007, having quit the service in SP, is now a very expensive gun for hire in the vein of Scaramanga. He is hired by an oligarch that has some plans of his own. Bond joins the villain's ranks and seems to have the fun of his life on the dark side of things, enjoying the luxurious life in Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian coast, and then, just then, while all seems very, very surreal, Bond sabotages the whole thing. Only then it's revealed that the leaving the service thing was a mission itself, something sanctioned secretly by M himself (who is not really dead). Oh, and no henchman, Bond would be the henchman, with a quirk of his own, a signature if you'd like.

See? Done right it could be cool. Not that it's a completely original ideia, but if the organics of the piece were done differently, juggling with the audience and our pre conceived ideia of who James Bond should be, it would be fun.
    We need stability in Bond now..back to basics..back to what made Bond BOND...
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Sounds interesting, @Univex.
    Sounds interesting, @Univex.

Thanks, @Superintendent. It would be a good chance to see our man messing about in a very villainous way, while having non supervised fun. A more borderline Bond if you may. Craig could pull it off nicely. I could write it all in two weeks time or less, and make the script oscar worthy ;) (I know that would please BB)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Here's my instant pitch:

The film begins with Bond doing something quite anti-heroic, to our amazement (Like Bond killing M). Then we soon realize that ex-007, having quit the service in SP, is now a very expensive gun for hire in the vein of Scaramanga. He is hired by an oligarch that has some plans of his own. Bond joins the villain's ranks and seems to have the fun of his life on the dark side of things, enjoying the luxurious life in Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian coast, and then, just then, while all seems very, very surreal, Bond sabotages the whole thing. Only then it's revealed that the leaving the service thing was a mission itself, something sanctioned secretly by M himself (who is not really dead).

See? Done right it could be cool. Not that it's a completely original ideia, but if the organics of the piece were done differently, juggling with the audience and our pre conceived ideia of who James Bond should be, it would be fun.
    Really like the sound of that, but it might be a bit too bold for certain member's tastes who want a more straightforward, back to basics film.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Here's my instant pitch:

The film begins with Bond doing something quite anti-heroic, to our amazement (Like Bond killing M). Then we soon realize that ex-007, having quit the service in SP, is now a very expensive gun for hire in the vein of Scaramanga. He is hired by an oligarch that has some plans of his own. Bond joins the villain's ranks and seems to have the fun of his life on the dark side of things, enjoying the luxurious life in Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian coast, and then, just then, while all seems very, very surreal, Bond sabotages the whole thing. Only then it's revealed that the leaving the service thing was a mission itself, something sanctioned secretly by M himself (who is not really dead).

Really like the sound of that, but it might be a bit too bold for certain member's tastes who want a more straightforward, back to basics film.

The way I'd write it, and if they like Fleming and the early Connery flicks, they'd love it (a mix of TMWTGG and YOLT novels, maybe). And while it would be a bit avant guarde, it would be more classic Bond than the last two films, that's for sure.
  • Maybe at the end of the movie Bond dies, but eventualy there is a coda in which M or MoneyPenny says that his body was never found and, after all the final credits, there is the tipical "James Bond will return". It would be a way to say: take it as you prefer.

Anyway, I think we are paying too much attention to The Sun.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I just see it as somewhat lazy most of all. I mean if the big idea is just to kill James Bond, that’s pretty underwhelming in the originality department. YOLT already had his faked death, too. I would be stunned if they could actually pull it off (death/ambiguous death) in any worthwhile way. It’s possible, but I sort of doubt they will actually kill Bond in the next one - maybe an ambiguous thing at most.
    The BIG idea (also known as Boyle's idea) was NOT to kill Bond. The article that claimed they wanted to kill Bond said that it was EON's idea to kill him and Boyle was against it.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2018 Posts: 1,756
    While I think the YOLT idea of Bond dying only officially was a good idea back in the 60s and even in Skyfall, I think nowadays the trope of "x character dies but then later we find out didn't" is overplayed.
    Here's my instant pitch:

The film begins with Bond doing something quite anti-heroic, to our amazement (Like Bond killing M). Then we soon realize that ex-007, having quit the service in SP, is now a very expensive gun for hire in the vein of Scaramanga. He is hired by an oligarch that has some plans of his own. Bond joins the villain's ranks and seems to have the fun of his life on the dark side of things, enjoying the luxurious life in Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian coast, and then, just then, while all seems very, very surreal, Bond sabotages the whole thing. Only then it's revealed that the leaving the service thing was a mission itself, something sanctioned secretly by M himself (who is not really dead). Oh, and no henchman, Bond would be the henchman, with a quirk of his own, a signature if you'd like.

I love that pitch. Far more interesting and unique than simply Bond dying or something. I’d love to see Craig tackle that. Excellent idea @Univex!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Can't we just, for once this century, have a Bond film that is plot driven and not Bond/M/MI6 driven? What is so goddamned hard about that?

giphy.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Maybe at the end of the movie Bond dies, but eventualy there is a coda in which M or MoneyPenny says that his body was never found and, after all the final credits, there is the tipical "James Bond will return". It would be a way to say: take it as you prefer.

Anyway, I think we are paying too much attention to The Sun.
    The Bourne Ultimatum comes to mind.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Can't we just, for once this century, have a Bond film that is plot driven and not Bond/M/MI6 driven? What is so goddamned hard about that?

I'm with you 100 percent. The frustration is warranted at this point.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Here's my instant pitch:

I love that pitch. Far more interesting and unique than simply Bond dying or something. I’d love to see Craig tackle that. Excellent idea @Univex!

I'd actually like that as a film with Dalton.
    Honestly, I highly doubt The Sun’s story about Bond dying. My guess is the main reason for Boyle leaving was because he had less control than he wanted and just had too many opposing ideas to Craig and EON. But not the specific idea of killing off Bond. It’s possible I guess, but I’m going to doubt it until I see more proof.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

This. Moreover, it doesn't have any point since we all know he'll return in the next one.
    Here's my instant pitch:

This is really cool, actually. It's pretty much a modern adaptation of TMWTGG's novel premise, except with the twist at the end.
    While I think the YOLT idea of Bond dying only officially was a good idea back in the 60s and even in Skyfall, I think nowadays the trope of "x character dies but then later we find out didn't" is overplayed.

Agreed. In Skyfall it worked because we knew all along he didn't die (heck, it was shown in the trailers) and it was never meant to be a twist.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If Bond dies then the series becomes a joke and joins the other series....thats me done....Damn i wish the only Bond i knew in real life,Sir Roger,was still alive,we need him now.

If Bond is killed of, then I wont bother watching the film. I didn't see SP on the big scree, because I was already sick of the direction, so it isn't that hard to do. It's bad enough that they are hell bent of removing any mystery Bond had.
    A hero famous for jumping off cliffs, catching airplanes in mid-air and defying death in all manners possible would be just plain dumb to die. Just saying.