Recycling supporting actors - Who should come back?

SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
edited April 2012 in Actors Posts: 4,012
There used to be a habit of "recycling" actors from previous Bond films, giving them new roles, ex.: Walter Gotell (Morzeny in FRWL and later as Gogol in multiple outings), Joe Don Baker (Brad Whitaker in LTK and Jack Wade in GE and TND), Maud Adams (Andrea TMWTGG and Octopussy)... the list could go on. Question: who would you like to come back in a future film and why?

I would love Steven Berkoff to come back. Watching his scenes with Daniel Craig in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo I could only imagine what a great M would Berkoff do!

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Stana Katic. What a waste to have that talented fox as Corrine for less than two minutes. She is bilingual and could be any type of character the director would want. And just look at her!
    GYI0062570653.jpg
    Castle_S4_Stana_Katic_005_crop.jpg
    Stana-Katic-Castle-Season-4.jpg
    Stana%20Katic%20-%20Oscar%202012%20pic%20-01-560x789.jpg
    :x :\"> :x
    Oh God yes, please! ^^

And Johnathan Pryce! He could do so much more!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    There used to be a habit of "recycling" actors from previous Bond films, giving them new roles, ex.: Walter Gotell (Morzeny in FRWL and later as Gogol in multiple outings), Joe Don Baker (Brad Whitaker in LTK and Jack Wade in GE and TND), Maud Adams (Andrea TMWTGG and Octopussy)... the list could go on. Question: who would you like to come back in a future film and why?

I would love Steven Berkoff to come back. Watching his scenes with Daniel Craig in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo I could only imagine what a great M would Berkoff do!

Not sure about his accent but you're right, @Sandy, Berkoff certainly has the charisma to pull off an M-like character.

I would like to see Richard Kiel back for a speaking role. It would have to be a small part, I know, but he could be one of those dark people behind the scenes kind of guy. ;-)

I'm sure Robbie Coltrane has more Bond roles in him too. He was OK IMO as Zukowski and I'm sad they shot him down.

Lastly, the likes of Michael Kitchen and Colin Salmon were very good in the Brosnan days. Why not bring one of both or both of them back, obviously in other parts - or in the same parts perhaps?

Stana Katic. What a waste to have that talented fox as Corrine for less than two minutes. She is bilingual and could be any type of character the director would want. And just look at her!

Completely agreed. Casting her as a character that could have, literally, been played by anyone was a waste of her talent. I'd love to see her return to the series.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    That Spanish cigar girl in TWINE could come back. She has the numbers on her side... ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Tcheky Karyo :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've seen Katic in a film called Stiletto. And let me tell you that she had a lot more than 2 minutes...

stiletto-header1.jpg

I wouldn't be against seeing her in another Bond.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Tcheky Karyo :)

Seconded. He was great in (La Femme) Nikita. Ever seen that Besson film?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I have to, Dimi !!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    From this interview with Stana Katic in 2009, it seems like she'd like to come back. Or at least sounds like she had a great time.

You got to be a Bond girl, albeit briefly, in the latest installment of the series, Quantum of Solace. What was that like?

It was a blast! I really wanted to be a part of that film, and was up for the role of Strawberry Fields originally, but they felt I wasn’t right for it, plus I didn’t want to play someone who got killed, and everyone gets killed in that bloody movie! (laughs)

But I got to spend three days working on that legendary sound stage in London. Daniel Craig was great, very funny, very charming. And Marc Forster was an amazing director. We’ve become friends and he has such an amazing, light touch as a director, and at the same time, has this incredible core strength, which is a great combination for a director to have.

In many ways he reminds me of the way Johnny Depp played the character of Sir James Matthew Barrie in Finding Neverland. I wonder if Johnny modeled his performance after Marc.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=7510&catid=106&t=mi6&s=gra
  • Stana looks fantastic. Smoking hot babe. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, that's for sure! Seems like they dumbed down her looks as well as Kurylenko's in QOS.

@ Sandy- Agreed 1000% about getting Berkoff back in the series. But I'd disagree as M. Right kind of age but it seems they have Fiennes in mind for that already, and he can do multiple appearances. I'd rather see Berkoff as a villain because he did that extremely well as Orlov, but my idea would be as the head of Quantum. He would be awesome.

He is going to be 72 this year.

Thanks for posting that interview with Ms. Katic @Samuel001. I hadn't seen that before. :)

It's good to hear that she was positive about the experience. EON definitely needs to bring her back, either to expand on her Corinne role (and possibly using that as a reason to finally take Bond to Canada) or have her play a totally different role.

I also agree with bringing Berkoff back.
    Chuck wrote:
    EON definitely needs to bring her back, either to expand on her Corinne role (and possibly using that as a reason to finally take Bond to Canada) or have her play a totally different role.

Bond? In Canada? Make it happen.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Robbie Coltrane. Zukofsky is somebody I could really see working with Craigs era.

Also, Felix from the past 2 films should. I want Colin Salmon to, but I don't think they need him because of Tanner. I wish they kept Salmons character instead of bringing back Tanner.

And I did want John Cleese back as Q, but sadly it doesn't look like that'll happen.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I want the guy who played Zukovsky in GE2010 to show up in an actual film, playing anybody, really. Robbie Coltrane, also, should come back, along with Joe Don Baker.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Chuck wrote:
    EON definitely needs to bring her back, either to expand on her Corinne role (and possibly using that as a reason to finally take Bond to Canada) or have her play a totally different role.

Bond? In Canada? Make it happen.

No wonder You liked that :P

I think that the Moneypenny from Brosnan's era should come back. Not as Moneypenny, necessarily. but as another character in Bond films.
    John Cleese might be a good return. He wasn't near as good as Desmond Llewlyn, but still, I didn't think he was bad either. I could also go for Samantha Bond as Moneypenny again, just as long as the script doesn't mess her up and make her cheesy. I would also love to see Joe Don Baker come back for a third run as Jack Wade, CIA!
    Joss Stone! Joss Stone! Joss Sto....

At least as a singer for the film.
  • Stana Katic can only come back if she available from Castle........if she cant be the main Bond girl.......at least give him more than two damn minutes....waste of a good actor.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Stana Katic can only come back if she available from Castle........if she cant be the main Bond girl.......at least give him more than two damn minutes....waste of a good actor.....

:-/