No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2018 Posts: 16,328
    Marc Forster won't be back. He confirmed as much a decade ago.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    If they get Marc Forster back
    Which I admit is about a 0.00000000000001% chance, all of eons sins will be forgiven

That'd work for ME.
    Well, we should hopefully get some new official news tomorrow with the emergency meeting thing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Well, we should hopefully get some new official news tomorrow with the emergency meeting thing.
    Doubtful, but I hope to get some good news within the next couple of weeks.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Which I admit is about a 0.00000000000001% chance, all of eons sins will be forgiven

That'd work for ME.

No doubt he would have learned from his experience on QoS. This time have Stuart Baird edit.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I don’t expect to learn anything tomorrow either, unfortunately.
  • talos7 wrote: »

That'd work for ME.

No doubt he would have learned from his experience on QoS. This time have Stuart Baird edit.

Absolutely!
  • I've skimmed many, many posts over the past few days. Just a factoid or two:

--On a previous page is said Skyfall had box office $248 million (or 248 million USD, if you prefer). It was $304.4 million (or $304.36 million to be more precise).

--Deadline: Hollywood. It also said last fall the MGM-Annapurna joint venture was "thisclose" to being named as the U.S. distributor for Bond 25. The joint venture did get it, but it wasn't announced until May 25, 2018. On the other hand, it reported the whole Boyle-and-Hodge-pitched-an-idea-everyone-was-excited-about story. That, more or less was confirmed in the same May 25 release. It has its ups and downs.

We'll see.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Babs is not getting rid of Craig for Bond 25. Craig is locked into a contract and I dont even think Universal will allow for it to happen.

Film contracts don't really mean much. So many actors are contracted for films and in many cases are never fulfilled, especially when signing on for multiple picture deals.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 3,126
    apparently there is going to be an announcement tomorrow by eon according to the James Bond radio https://www.facebook.com/jamesbondradio/photos/a.1453543911549039/2265025277067561/?type=3&theater
  • Just to be certain...if Danny Boyle is out, so is the Hodge script, and so is the crew he hired including the guy who would replace Dennis Gassner and any Director of Photography?

Just wondering if anyone has news about David Arnold, because he'd worked with Boyle before and also worked without him as well.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 3,126
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2018 Posts: 12,459
    No, just because Boyle is out, that does not mean so is the Hodge script.
    Looking forward to any official announcement, sure. I like David Arnold, and I'd be happy for him to involved in some way.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Babs is not getting rid of Craig for Bond 25. Craig is locked into a contract and I dont even think Universal will allow for it to happen.

Film contracts don't really mean much. So many actors are contracted for films and in many cases are never fulfilled, especially when signing on for multiple picture deals.
    Craig's colourful quote from 2012 on contracts comes to mind:

They won’t let me go, and I’ve agreed to do a couple more, but let’s see how this one does, because business is business and if the s#!^ goes down, I’ve got a contract that somebody will happily wipe their a$$ with,"
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    talos7 wrote: »

That'd work for ME.

YES!!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    peter wrote: »
    I really haven't read anything to make me thing for sure that the Hodge script is abandoned. I don't that at all.

yes.

We could be looking at a Peter Morgan Once Upon a Spy/SF situation where the core idea is kept but almost everything else is changed.
    bondjames wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

Craig's colourful quote from 2012 on contracts comes to mind:

They won’t let me go, and I’ve agreed to do a couple more, but let’s see how this one does, because business is business and if the s#!^ goes down, I’ve got a contract that somebody will happily wipe their a$$ with,"

Yep. Precisely.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Lots and lots of speculation.

The only people that can confirm
    Anything is EON
    I'll wait for news from them.

Certainly no need to get overly worked up over ifs and maybe.
    Murdock wrote: »

Looks like he never wants to be relevant again.
  • Murdock wrote: »

At the Q&A session I attended, Babs said she invited Marc Forster back but he said no....Marc Forster looked at her and said "did you, really?" but in a joking/loving way.

They were obviously still close a whole year after QoS was released and just as happy to hear many fans appreciate it.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited August 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Some considerations for a British director (given the unusual situation Bond 25 is in!):

Mike Newell - he's older but he has done some of the finer Harry Potter films - within the confines of a formula. He's also responsible for Donnie Brasco which contains multiple excellent examples of tension, suspense, dramatic performances with a well cast ensemble group and a late career high for Al Pacino.

David Yates - admittedly he's in post production on Fantastic Beasts sequel - but has delivered big budget films for an established franchise - all of which have been hugely successful at the box office.

Jonathan Glazer - my left field choice - he had an amazing debut with Sexy Beast and his last film was a curious sci-fi with Scarlett Johansen - Under The Skin. Although there are downsides to his potential employment - He is more of an auteur and not used to anything on this budget scale.

Newell and Yates are the British equivalent of a Ron Howard to me - they can deliver big budget films on time and to a high level.
    it's just occurred to me that Craig's new baby might be a factor in the scheduling. When is it due?
    edit
    Re: Forster doing another -- FWIW, from a couple weeks ago:

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/open-another-bondampquot-says-christopher-robin-director-marc-forster-100214395.html
    “I would be open to another Bond," says Christopher Robin director Marc Forster
    Stefan Pape

It’s not just the rumour mill over the next 007 to take over from Daniel Craig that is interesting for James Bond fans, but who may be at the helm.

When speaking to Yahoo Movies, to celebrate the release of Christopher Robin, director Marc Forster threw his hat into the ring by admitting it’s a franchise he would be interested in re-entering one day, follow his success with Quantum of Solace.

[...]

Going back to James Bond… Are you excited to see where the character is going to go next?

Absolutely. I’ve always been a huge Bond fan, that’s why I wanted to do Quantum of Solace. At the time we had a writer’s strike and we had a bit of an issue with that, but I’m a very big fan, and it’s such a special movie. The one thing is that I wish we had more time to develop the script, but other than that, I love the film and it was an idea at the time to make it about water, which suddenly became a huge issue with the temperatures rising, and this was 10 years ago so nobody predicted it would become such a big issue, but I really enjoyed making this movie. Barbara Broccoli is honestly one of the most brilliant producers I have ever worked with, just fantastic.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 11,425
    I'd be fine with Forster making a return. QOS while flawed is probably my favourite Bond film since Dalton left.

The other Craig films don't have much rewatch value for me mainly because they're so over long with tedious drawn out action sequences. Even CR is weighed down by the endless Miami airport sequence.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    attempts are being made to bring Sam Mendes back.

If you were Barbara Broccoli, how would you try to convince Mendes to return and take over an already troubled movie after the negative experience he had directing Spectre? What can they possibly offer him to convince him to return? I don't think a huge sum of money will be enough this time.

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg
    Instead of posting nonsensical pictures, can you man up and elaborate what exactly and why you are disagreeing with?
    I've skimmed many, many posts over the past few days. Just a factoid or two:

--On a previous page is said Skyfall had box office $248 million (or 248 million USD, if you prefer). It was $304.4 million (or $304.36 million to be more precise).
    I wrote that Skyfall earned $248 million in the US in the first 26 days of its release.
    I would love it if they went back to Forster. IMO, despite QOS’s messy production, it turned out well, and I like to think his direction was a part of that. Had a lot more energy and excitement than SP; I’d definitely prefer that kind of style for Bond 25.
    @peter When you hear something we should all listen, but when a reputable movie news site with tons of sources within the film industry writes something negative about Bond 25, it's a "hysterical report"? (I am referring to the Hollywood Reporter article saying Bond 25 will miss its release date.)
    edited August 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Murdock wrote: »

Making a Bond film especially these days doesn't exactly make you relevant and if it does, ones relevance lasts what, 5 minutes?
    Some considerations for a British director (given the unusual situation Bond 25 is in!):

Mike Newell - he's older but he has done some of the finer Harry Potter films - within the confines of a formula.

He did only 1 Harry Potter film.

edited August 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Edit