No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Long story short: Barbara Broccoli is more toxic now than she had ever been. As long as she is running the show, no respectable director will want to touch Bond ever again. The last time her actions resulted in a good movie was back in 2006. Yes, Skyfall was great. It was great because of Mendes. And who had the idea to get Mendes on board? It wasn't Barbara Broccoli...
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 1,661
    I just thought... what the heck, Eon should contact Christopher McQuarrie and see if he's interested. If he signs up - delay production for a few months or delay Bond until spring 2020. He may want a small break to recover from making Fallout.

If people genuinely believe MI Fallout has surpassed Bond then get that director to do Bond 25. Sure, it's shameless opportunism but does it matter? No-one is going to care if the film turns out good. It's about time an American director had a crack at Bond.

McQuarrie (if he is says yes) for Bond 25.

Chris Nolan for Bond 26. New actor cast.

I think that will appeal to most fans. Craig fans get to see their guy in a MI action style Bond film and Nolan gets the chance to reboot/mould Bond to his vision in Bond 26. A new actor will inspire Nolan to want to make Bond 26. A new actor, new take on the character.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Long story short: Barbara Broccoli is more toxic now than she had ever been. As long as she is running the show, no respectable director will want to touch Bond ever again. The last time her actions resulted in a good movie was back in 2006. Yes, Skyfall was great. It was great because of Mendes. And who had the idea to get Mendes on board? It wasn't Barbara Broccoli...

It's getting a bit old now.
  • Money, release date and many of the production team are in place. Keep Craig, work on the script, adjust locations if necessary and maybe start shooting in February with release date put back to Christmas 2019. Only problem remains signing a director who can pull it off.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

It's getting a bit old now.

Thank you.
  • With all these "stories" getting published in the press EON will need to do some damage control. And fast.

Possible outcome : film gets delayed by 5 months and heads for a March 2020 release.

previous shelved P&W script gets the go ahead with a fresh polish (wonder if they come back after being shelved twice and then being asked back twice)

Dennis Gassner comes back (probably already had a lot of work done already based on the previous P&W draft before being replaced by Danny Boyle with his own production designer)

A new director is assigned with an added 5 months pre-production schedule for a start date in May 2019

Bond 25 opens to stellar reviews (98% on rotten tomatoes) and huge box office in March 2020

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Just give me Yann DeMage and a Neal Pervis/Robert Wade script so I can move on already.
    Seems like craig is the problem along with broccoli imo.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    talos7 wrote: »
    If Craig leaves then forget 3rd December for start of shooting. Even if he stays can they knock the Purvis/Wade script into shape and have a competent director in place to meet the 3rd December deadline? Also the production has been geared around the Hodges script, the Purvis/Wade script is unrelated..........big change of direction for the production.

But do we want that?
    At the end of the day I want a good bond film and this whole rushing thing can’t be can it?
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Well, Hemsworth can't act, can't carry a movie, and has no box office draw if he's not playing Thor.

Other than that -- no, I have no doubts.

Obviously we have different appraisals. Lol.

Isn’t he Australian?
    We know how that went last time...
    You are kidding. right? So ALL Australians are the same? It was because he was an Aussie that Lazenby didn’t ultimately work out?
    Actually, considering his virtual lack of any acting experience, he was quite good; had he done more films, he would have grown into the rol nicely.

No but in the same way a black shouldn’t play bond, I don’t think an American/ Australian should either.

Australia is in the commonwealth.

So is Bangladesh.
    Doesn’t mean that the country should qualify for bond actors

Britain is filled with suave British Asians. An Asian bond is more realistic than a black bond.
    Charlize Theron is an African American. Country of origin doesn’t always dictate appearance.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American
    She is a naturalized American citizen.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlize-theron-glad-to-be-a-us-citizen/
    If Craig leaves then forget 3rd December for start of shooting. Even if he stays can they knock the Purvis/Wade script into shape and have a competent director in place to meet the 3rd December deadline? Also the production has been geared around the Hodges script, the Purvis/Wade script is unrelated..........big change of direction for the production.

But do we want that?
    At the end of the day I want a good bond film and this whole rushing thing can’t be can it?
    Well, Hemsworth can't act, can't carry a movie, and has no box office draw if he's not playing Thor.

Isn’t he Australian?
    You are kidding. right? So ALL Australians are the same? It was because he was an Aussie that Lazenby didn’t ultimately work out?
    Actually, considering his virtual lack of any acting experience, he was quite good; had he done more films, he would have grown into the rol nicely.

No but in the same way a black shouldn’t play bond, I don’t think an American/ Australian should either.

So is Bangladesh.

Britain is filled with suave British Asians. An Asian bond is more realistic than a black bond.
    Charlize Theron is an African American. Country of origin doesn’t always dictate appearance.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

'Charlize Theron (born 7 August 1975) is a South African and American actress and film producer.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlize_Theron

Okay, she’s still not an African American or her Wikipedia would read as such.
    She’s an A f r I c a n

African American refers to something else

One leaves the boards for a while and then comes back to this?

I'm very curious to know your age and birthplace, PanchitoPistoles. Were you born after the 90s? It's just that your ignorance and attitude bewilder me. Not picking a fight here, mate, I'm really just curious. As you have a clear aggressiveness in you, an hostile forcefulness usually very criticised in forums in general. But hey, please, do continue to badmouth Barbara Broccoli, who, for all we care, keeps protecting the Bond property with all her heart.

Jeez, whats wrong with people today? Seems everyone wants a bite of everyone. We don't know anything. Really, anything at all about what happened.

Oh, and this Idris, or Turner, or Hardy crap as to stop. It's getting really dumb. But I guess dumb is the way to go nowadays, right?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,686

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

'Charlize Theron (born 7 August 1975) is a South African and American actress and film producer.'

She’s an A f r I c a n

She is African American. Period. Sorry you had to learn this only now but being an african-american is not a matter of skin colour but a matter of citizenships.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Univex wrote: »
    One leaves the boards for a while and then comes back to this?

I'm very curious to know your age and birthplace, PanchitoPistoles. Were you born after the 90s? It's just that your ignorance and attitude bewilder me. Not picking a fight here, mate, I'm really just curious. As you have a clear aggressiveness in you, an hostile forcefulness usually very criticised in forums in general. But hey, please, do continue to badmouth Barbara Broccoli, who, for all we care, keeps protecting the Bond property with all her heart.

Jeez, whats wrong with people today? Seems everyone wants a bite of everyone. We don't know anything. Really, anything at all about what happened.

Oh, and this Idris, or Turner, or Hardy crap as to stop. It's getting really dumb. But I guess dumb is the way to go nowadays, right?

Post of the day right here.
    f7FdEdG.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Pierce Brosnan is American. The first American Bond in films, if it's retroactive.

Regarding Ms. Theron's status.

https://hulu.com/watch/273744
    I'm very curious to know your age and birthplace, PanchitoPistoles. Were you born after the 90s? It's just that your ignorance and attitude bewilder me.
    Really? Getting personal?
    As you have a clear aggressiveness in you, an hostile forcefulness
    Unlike most people here, I have actually read the Sony leaks, I know how incompetent Broccoli is. After Spectre, I have thought (or at least hoped) she learned at least the most important lessons. I was wrong. Of course I'm angry her major incompetence is showing again!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Tabloid news papers are being given credibility here.

You are actually taking all of this as gospel? Craig has well and truly turned into the punch bag for some of you to take out your frustrations on. I hazard a good number of the stories that are attributed to him are total BS.

The media has never liked DC, they begrudgingly had to admit they were wrong about him when CR came out and since then have been looking at ways to discredit him.

They blamed him for The Girl With films getting delayed and he supposedly wanting more money, this was total speculation and never confirmed by anyone.

He's never been their idea (and some here) of what Bond should look like and although they've given him good press there is always something to take a knock at him.

He won't play their game and they don't like it, possibly the next Bond needs to be more savvy with the press and seduce them but Craig was never that type of guy, I respect his honesty and yes some of his comments however taken out of context haven't helped I don't believe he's half as bad as made out here.

He gets a lot of plaudits, David Fincher had nothing but praise for him and Soderbergh, Spielberg etc, I don't blame him falling out with Mendes over SPECTRE the film was a mess.

As far as I know they both were more than happy on the set of Skyfall, I doubt he'd have gone back to him for SPECTRE if they didn't get on, it's no surprise tempers flared on the set of that film.

As much as I was chuffed with Boyle's appointment it was his first bonafide big budget picture and Bond films are pretty much top of the tree in this arena as far a production and responsibility.

He had already voiced concerns about him being able to do this, not unlike Mendes questioning if he had a 2nd Bond film in him and look how that turned out.

I think it's more like as @peter & @RC7 said he just panicked over the responsibility and size of the production and his fears were realised all this idea he walked over just casting of one actor seems strong. As @RC7 said they'll be more to it than that.

Regarding if Hodge has walked although I assumed they'd be going back to his script with a new director. If this is the case unless the P&W script is ready to go I fear the possibility of a delay.

We just don't know yet as none of this is confirmed, the only official announcement is that Boyle left the production, the him being fired and the reasons are pure tabloid speculation.

How many times to they run stories that say sources say and they turn out to be utter rubbish.

Lets just wait to we get something from the horses mouth.

• edited August 2018 Posts: 6,665
    edited post...cause I have no possible answer for PanchitoPistoles. Not one that would not escalate things. Not worth it.

Cheers mate, good luck.

(Oh, and Shardlake, brilliant post. I agree, wholeheartedly with everything you've said).
    Unlike most people here, I have actually read the Sony leaks, I know how incompetent Broccoli is. After Spectre, I have thought (or at least hoped) she learned at least the most important lessons. I was wrong. Of course I'm angry her major incompetence is showing again!

Danny Boyle, is that you?
    I would be interested to see what Boyle has to say about all of it, whenever that comes.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,888

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

But do we want that?

Isn’t he Australian?

So is Bangladesh.

A m e r I c a n
    ???????
    Yes

Ugh, she’s not American

She’s an A f r I c a n

Well. I know what the general meaning of African American is; my initial post was meant to be tongue in cheek. But the fact is that she has duel citizenship, both in Africa and the United States; that makes her an African American.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 1,261
    PanchitoPistols does have some strong feelings for rather against Ms Broccoli, methinks.
    Strong disturbing feelings.
    It's time for Bond to infiltrate the white house. Eon needs to hire a bold director who can deliver in this topical vision.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It's time for Bond to infiltrate the white house. Eon needs to hire a bold director who can deliver in this topical vision.

Mueller is handling that. Bond was meant for more interesting things.
    f7FdEdG.jpg
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Murdock wrote: »
    And this is why the lead actor shouldn't be a producer.

Tom Cruise is, to name but one.
    MooreFun wrote: »

Danny Boyle, is that you?

No, Boyle is 61, probably 50 years older.

True, but he's on the top of things.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Apples and oranges. Mission Impossible isn't bigger than Tom Cruise, whereas James Bond is bigger than Daniel Craig - no matter how good he is.
    It’s amusing to think that pancho assumes Saltzman and Cubby were brilliant...I would argue while they were smart they were more lucky then brilliant... extremely lucky
    Panchitos has a legit gripe. Babs & eon have shown they still can't get their act together. I'm telling you fallout also rattled them.