Favourite John Glen BOND? (POLL ADDED)

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    1. TLD
    2. FYEO
    3. LTK
    4. OP
    5. AVTAK
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    1. Octopussy- opulent, entertaining.
    2. The Living Daylights - fast paced and exciting
    3. For Your Eyes Only- hit & miss. Good action but too many overlong action scenes.
    4. A View To A Kill - flat & uninspired
    5. Licence To Kill - bittter.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Re-appraisal:
    LTK
    TLD
    OP
    AVTAK
    FYEO
    Why not !

OP
    LTK
    AVTAK
    FYEO
    TLD
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    One always discovers new (or rather, unknown) threads here.

My list:

TLD
    FYEO

LTK

OP
    AVTAK

The first two have a bit of a claim to fame, the others...not so.
    Licence To Kill, followed pretty closely by For Your Eyes Only.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    1. TLD/LTK
    2. FYEO
    3. OP
    4. AVTAK
    1. TLD
    2. OP
    3. LTK
    4. AVTAK
    5. FYEO
    1. Tld
    2. Op
    3. Ltk
    4. Fyeo
    5. Avtak
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    TLD
    OP
    FYEO
    LTK
    AVTAK
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    OP
    LTK
    TLD
    FYEO
    AVTAK
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    My ranking from Nov 2011:
    QBranch wrote: »
    FYEO
    TLD
    LTK
    OP
    AVTAK

Current ranking:

TLD
    FYEO
    LTK
    OP
    AVTAK

Not much change here. FYEO drops one spot - not because I like it less - but because a few years back I rediscovered TLD again, and that particular viewing really wowed me. Since then, I've regarded TLD a Top 5 film, and FYEO Top 10. LTK trails close behind the two. My opinion of OP hasn't changed - it's a great film, though it still sits in the bottom half. I think it was last year, when I found a new appreciation for AVTAK - but it's still bottom 5 for me.
    TLD
    LTK
    FYEO
    AVTAK
    OP
    TLD. By a distance
    LTK
    FYEO
    OP
    VTAK
    Update
    1.TLD/LTK
    2. OP
    3. FYEO
    4. AVTAK
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    OP
    TLD
    AVTAK
    FYEO
    LTK
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nothing has changed for me.

1 FYEO
    2 TLD
    3 LTK
    4 OP
    5 AVTAK
    TLD
    FYEO
    LTK
    OP
    AVTAK
    TLD
    FYEO
    OP
    LTK
    AVTAK
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 11,425
    TLD
    OP
    LTK
    FYEO
    AVTAK

The first four would probably be in my top ten
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's been a while since I've contemplated this question. No change really. My opinion is pretty much set.

1. OP
    2. LTK
    3. FYEO
    4. TLD
    5. AVTAK
    I guess my list will probably be one of a kind :D

LTK
    AVTAK
    TLD
    FYEO
    OP

• GBFGBF
    1. TLD
    2. AVTAK
    3. FYEO
    4. OP
    -
    5. LTK

The first four are all in my top10.
    This is a tough call, as there is not much to distinguish ie I like all 5 films. Each works quite well in it's own way, but if I must again, as they really do for me fall into a 5-way tie, I will rank thusly..

1. OP Lots going on here. Exciting colourful Bond adventure and with Maud Adams back too. Rog even has some Connery worthy menace moments.

2. LTK. This film has it's own unique vibe. I really like the Fleming LALD touches and Hildebrand Rarity nods. The Bond Sanchez relationship ultimately drives the film I think. A different kind of Bond adventure, kind of like QoS was too, but it works as a change of pace.

3. FYEO. Again I like the nods to Fleming here. Very scenic, atmospheric. Great music, although that goes for the three John Barry films too.

4. AVTAK. One of the more lightweight Bond films, Rog's last hurrah. But I do like the unashamedly escapist nature. The villain plot similar to GF, which was fun. Great locations, colorful characters. Adding the former John Steed, Patrick MacNee was a nice touch.

5 TLD . Again, the nod to Fleming was great. The film plods a bit for me. Dalts takes some getting used to. He seemed a better fit in LTK. As Bond Girls go Kara lacks something. Too innocent I guess. Dalts is way to gagah with her at times especially on the ferris wheel., but still lots of good stuff going on here. The PTS is great. A solid intro segment for the new Bond.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2018 Posts: 4,043
    1. TLD
    2. LTK
    3. FYEO
    4. OP
    5. VTAK

Although is best overall Bond work is second unit for OHMSS.
    timmer wrote: »
    This is a tough call, as there is not much to distinguish ie I like all 5 films. Each works quite well in it's own way, but if I must again, as they really do for me fall into a 5-way tie, I will rank thusly..

1. OP Lots going on here. Exciting colourful Bond adventure and with Maud Adams back too. Rog even has some Connery worthy menace moments.

2. LTK. This film has it's own unique vibe. I really like the Fleming LALD touches and Hildebrand Rarity nods. The Bond Sanchez relationship ultimately drives the film I think. A different kind of Bond adventure, kind of like QoS was too, but it works as a change of pace.

3. FYEO. Again I like the nods to Fleming here. Very scenic, atmospheric. Great music, although that goes for the three John Barry films too.

4. AVTAK. One of the more lightweight Bond films, Rog's last hurrah. But I do like the unashamedly escapist nature. The villain plot similar to GF, which was fun. Great locations, colorful characters. Adding the former John Steed, Patrick MacNee was a nice touch.

5 TLD . Again, the nod to Fleming was great. The film plods a bit for me. Dalts takes some getting used to. He seemed a better fit in LTK. As Bond Girls go Kara lacks something. Too innocent I guess. Dalts is way to gagah with her at times especially on the ferris wheel., but still lots of good stuff going on here. The PTS is great. A solid intro segment for the new Bond.

I completely disagree with your order, but I love your comments. It's all good!!!
    My order really is quite flexible. It's more a 5-way tie, but if I must stack them, that's how I'll do it, at least on this Monday in this month of August.
    My order really is quite flexible. It's more a 5-way tie, but if I must stack them, that's how I'll do it, at least on this Monday in this month of August.
    That makes it even better.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    TLD
    FYEO
    LTK
    AVTAK
    OP
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 832

Ranking the Glen films is difficult. Feel badly about ranking fyeo so low.