Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

mattjoes wrote: »

Haha! Imagine getting those prank calls!

Best part:
    WOMAN: Is this a recording?
    GOLDFINGER RECORDING: Yes, why?

:))

Being a Bond fan, it would be fun to get a call like that. But the people they called aren't familiar enough with Bond. Though if the prankers kept it up, at some point they would end up calling a big fan, one who would hopefully quote the films back to them, haha.

Haha, yes! I wonder how they put together those Blofeld answers; surely separate files with only «Yes, why?», etc.

Yes, they take those snippets from the film audio and put them in a soundboard, which can play them back at the touch of a button, for the other person on the phone to listen to.

And with any luck, be confused by!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241

Haha! Imagine getting those prank calls!

Best part:
    WOMAN: Is this a recording?
    GOLDFINGER RECORDING: Yes, why?

:))

Being a Bond fan, it would be fun to get a call like that. But the people they called aren't familiar enough with Bond. Though if the prankers kept it up, at some point they would end up calling a big fan, one who would hopefully quote the films back to them, haha.

Haha, yes! I wonder how they put together those Blofeld answers; surely separate files with only «Yes, why?», etc.

Yes, they take those snippets from the film audio and put them in a soundboard, which can play them back at the touch of a button, for the other person on the phone to listen to.

And with any luck, be confused by!

Those people answering the prank calls sure was! :))
    I am getting constant email alerts from mi6community in my email inbox. How do I turn these off?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getafix wrote: »
    I am getting constant email alerts from mi6community in my email inbox. How do I turn these off?
    Go to edit profile, and notification settings should be on the left side.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,368
    Getafix wrote: »

Go to your Profile, Edit Profile, choose Notification Preferences, and then there's a list where you can check to have e-mail notifications, pop-up notifications, both or neither.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thank you so much, @jake24 and @Creasy47! And to @Getafix for asking this question. My inbox has also been plagued by these notifications of late and I've managed to turn them off now, thanks to the members and mods here.
    Happy to help. I have most of mine set for a pop-up notification - used to have to delete so much from my inbox until I de-selected all of the e-mail options.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Happy to help. I have most of mine set for a pop-up notification - used to have to delete so much from my inbox until I de-selected all of the e-mail options.

Yes, I now have them all selected for that, but not the email notification. I already had pop-ups selected for some of them as I do find that very useful and helpful while browsing the community.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Mike Myers should make Austin Powers 4, but instead of satirising the 60's movies which let's be honest has been done to death, Austin should be older and washed up, and they could take the reboot era as inspiration instead. Imagine Austin as like Craig in SF. I think that could be a funny concept.
    Mike Myers should make Austin Powers 4, but instead of satirising the 60's movies which let's be honest has been done to death, Austin should be older and washed up, and they could take the reboot era as inspiration instead. Imagine Austin as like Craig in SF. I think that could be a funny concept.

Haha, good idea!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CAPTION CONTEST
    cheech-chong.jpg

Rare as hell , he died 46 (!) yrs ago

cheech-chong.jpg

"Why isn t the car going straight, man?"

"I tell ya, those pesky Russians must be behind."
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    "Dude, don't you remember where it is?"
    "Hold on, let me get high. Then I'll remember where it is." *tokes on spliff*
    "Alright, so where is it?"
    "Where's what?"
    QBranch wrote: »
    "Where's what?"

:)) :)) :))
    "Where's what?"

Classic Towelie from South Park
    "Where's what?"

Classic Towelie from South Park

"I haven't been high since Wednesday!...oh...oh, it is Wednesday?"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    "I haven't been high since Wednesday!...oh...oh, it is Wednesday?"
    :)) Damn I miss that little guy.
    Are there still people who have not seen this? There are other similar collections as well.

cheech-chong.jpg

"What does this medical marihuana cure, man?"

"Mainly withdrawal symptoms."

"What does this medical marihuana cure, man?"
    "Mainly withdrawal symptoms."
    haha.. good one.

"Hey, man, this ain't a telescope. It's more like.. a kaleidoscope."
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't know where to put this. For me, this is GREAT news! :)

edited August 2018 Posts: 45,489
    This melody was written in 1912 by Charles G. Dawes, who served as US Vice President under Calvin Coolidge 1925-29.

In 1951, Carl Sigman put lyrics to it, and it became a hit a few years later. One of my all-time favourites.
    This melody was written in 1912 by Charles G. Dawes, who served as US Vice President under Calvin Coolidge 1925-29.

In 1951, Carl Sigman put lyrics to it, and it became a hit a few years later. One of my all-time favourites.

That's great! I wonder if that's where Peter Falk got the title for the one episode of Columbo of the same name that he wrote? It guest starred Faye Dunaway.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Tracy wrote: »

Before pressing play I though: "She's on Allsang på Grensen again?!" :))
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    His "comedy" is cringe inducing, but he makes some excellent points about the problems with today's cinema:
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Somebody find a Sean thread for this:

I want a Bond spinoff titled Jones and Wallace, about the TND characters struggling to find their place in a post-Elliot Carver world. I'm sure there's a wicked black comedy waiting to be made. Featuring a scene in which Jones is mistaken for a relative of a long-deceased Jamaican driver.

Michael G Wilson has the comedy chops to do it. I can feel it in my bones.

Wilson
    Saxon
    JONES AND WALLACE
    This summer, consider them slimed