Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2018 Posts: 45,489
    QBranch wrote: »
    tumblr_oq58rxTlOR1vsvwv3o1_500.gif

Now that his sperm sample was finally ready, he knew exactly what do to do with it.
    Research-Chemicals.jpg
    Hodge perfects the Bond formula.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 6,682
    God, I love this.

Coogan does a fine Roger Moore, not just the voice but the facial expression. And it's an impression we rarely see!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    God, I love this.

Coogan does a fine Roger Moore, not just the voice but the facial expression. And it's an impression we rarely see!
    This is hilarious! Makes me want to watch TMWTGG, which I might just do later tonight.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241
    God, I love this.

This is brilliant! Need to watch The Trip To Spain at some point. Both the previous The Trip films were enjoyable!
    I haven't seen any, just some clips. I'll try and get my hands on them.
    Here's my latest composition. I'm very pleased with it, and I hope you enjoy it.

• peterpeter Toronto
    very nice @mattjoes ! That’s some genuinely fine talent! Thanks for sharing!!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Here's my latest composition. I'm very pleased with it, and I hope you enjoy it.

Very nice! I'm not musically trained and so can't appreciate the effort that this must have taken. I love the recurring instrument that runs through the earlier part (very Barryesque) and the overall sweeping and grand feel of it. It seems fitting for an epic tale with expansive landscapes and panoramas.
    I like it. Do you have a home studio?
    Thank you all!

bondjames wrote: »

Very nice! I'm not musically trained and so can't appreciate the effort that this must have taken. I love the recurring instrument that runs through the earlier part (very Barryesque) and the overall sweeping and grand feel of it. It seems fitting for an epic tale with expansive landscapes and panoramas.
    That was the intention. And the Barry style is definitely something I aspire to, in terms of melodies and arrangements (I'll do a Bond style piece next). In fact, I now realize his main title music for Mister Moses must've been an influence on this.

I like it. Do you have a home studio?
    No. Just a computer with programs and virtual instrument libraries. But no keyboards or microphones, nor actual physical instruments, except for my old recorder!
    Lovely with a sweeping touch of menace and grandiosity. I feel like I'm heading out on a n adventure. :) Also yes I can hear some of the DNA of the Mister Moses theme, one of Barry's finest, the original recordings of which that have sadly been lost to the ravages of time.

IGUANNA wrote: »
    Lovely with a sweeping touch of menace and grandiosity. I feel like I'm heading out on a n adventure. :) Also yes I can hear some of the DNA of the Mister Moses theme, one of Barry's finest, the original recordings of which that have sadly been lost to the ravages of time.

Thank you!

I do love Mister Moses myself. It's kind of a unique Barry score in some respects. It has more of a propulsive, driving feel than usual, with more emphasis on percussion. At least we have the re-recording, although the main title gets the notes of the violin ostinato slightly wrong, which is a bit of a shame. I prefer the original that you posted.
    Yes indeed, the originals of Barry are always more powerful and I have heard no exceptions to the rule.

"In the whirlpool, we'll go deeper, in this world that's getting cheaper...."
    Hope Locklear gets her life together , it's not looking good these days.
    AP-Peru-Cocaine-Backpacke-1.jpg
    Blowfield

4940857_300x300
    Blofeld
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,126
    Has anyone got a black and grey 007 hat from the 007 store is it supposed to have a button on top of hat because my doesn't just got it today wondering if I should return it for a new one?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I could not find a Sean Connery appreciation thread for some reason. So this will go here today. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks. :)

Haha! Imagine getting those prank calls!

Best part:
    WOMAN: Is this a recording?
    GOLDFINGER RECORDING: Yes, why?

:))

Being a Bond fan, it would be fun to get a call like that. But the people they called aren't familiar enough with Bond. Though if the prankers kept it up, at some point they would end up calling a big fan, one who would hopefully quote the films back to them, haha.
    Reading a book about the US presidents, I find it striking that three of the first five, all died on the 4th of July, various years. They had all been in involved with the declaration of independence too.

Best part:
    WOMAN: Is this a recording?
    GOLDFINGER RECORDING: Yes, why?

:))

Being a Bond fan, it would be fun to get a call like that. But the people they called aren't familiar enough with Bond. Though if the prankers kept it up, at some point they would end up calling a big fan, one who would hopefully quote the films back to them, haha.

Haha, yes! I wonder how they put together those Blofeld answers; surely separate files with only «Yes, why?», etc.
    Question: Is there a forum thread dedicated to movie posters (in general, not just Bond)? Couldn't find anything.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Question: Is there a forum thread dedicated to movie posters (in general, not just Bond)? Couldn't find anything.

I did a look through and couldn't find one, just a bunch of threads for Bond movie posters. If that's something you'd care to discuss, feel free to make a thread for it!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I did a look through and couldn't find one, just a bunch of threads for Bond movie posters. If that's something you'd care to discuss, feel free to make a thread for it!

Thanks for the help, I'll do that!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yippee...today I finally managed to tell one of those "Hi, my name is Jack, and I'm calling from Microsoft Windows" guys "No, you're not, and go f**k yourself". I just forgot to add "a**hole", but it was quite rewarding nevertheless. Normally they call when I'm not home anyway.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :D well done.