The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Works of JK Rowling

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I like Jude and all, but I think they missed a massive opportunity by not casting Jared Harris as a young Dumbledore. Not only for the obvious reason, but because the man's damn good just like his old man. And I simply don't get Albus vibes from Jude at all, sorry to say.

I have to agree. If Eddie Redmayne wasn't in that photo, I would have assumed it was from the new Sherlock Holmes film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will be released tomorrow.
    The first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will be released tomorrow.

Excellent!!! look forward to it!!!!
    Gerard wrote: »

Thank you!!! Forgot it has been a few days since I been online, so realised my mistake just! Lol!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    crimes_of_grindelwald_photo.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Really looking forward to this film.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Who is the kid, is that Harry's Dad?
    This is set long before Harry's parents are even born...its set in 1927. Voldermort himself was born in 1926.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,416
    It is younger version of Eddie Redmayne chacter.

The voldemort part is not used in the 6th movie, but if i am correct it play in the 60's. Riddle whas 11 or so in The half Blood prince flashbacks and Dumbel Dore in his 70's. He is born 90 years so before Harry. Tom/Voldemort is 35 years older then Harry if he is born in 1945. (If he is born in 1926, then he is older then James Potter and can have been Harry Grandfather and it mean JAMES and Tom are not from same year.) The books end in 1997. Dumbel dore was 106 if we say he is from 1890. What made him 38 years old in 1928.

Possible the 4th movie wil introduce voldemort. Atleast there wil be vijf movies.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    My Daughter and I are both big Potter fans. She is doing a semester at Kings College London; I'm going over for a week to help her settle in and sight see. Has anyone done the studio tour?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    talos7 wrote: »
    My Daughter and I are both big Potter fans. She is doing a semester at Kings College London; I'm going over for a week to help her settle in and sight see. Has anyone done the studio tour?

Not personally though girlfriend took her daughter for her birthday they showed me numerous pictures the tour looked great, both of them really enjoyed it. Diagon Alley looked exactly as it is in the films.
    Awesome , we already have out tickets!
    That looks incredible; if there’s one thing this franchise is, it’s consistent.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    New trailer looks good, I just hope there is more to the story second time round.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

Big Harry Potter family here @talos7. We took a holiday in 2015 to the UK and the Harry Potter studio tour was one of the highlights. It is truly remarkable. We spent six hours there, and could've spent longer. I've never seen anything like it. If you're a Potter fan, you'll enjoy it. Believe me.
    The thing I like about these movies is how so well made they are. The cast is the same throughout (the sad passing of Richard Harris means Dumbledore, had to be recast) and the films benefit greatly from this. But the behind the scenes crew remain largely the same. I really enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts, and am excited for the next instalment. Not super keen on Jude Law as young Dumbledore, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till I've seen the film.
    Thank you @Benny ! It is a remarkable film series; every aspect is top notch. It will be interesting to see how Law pulls off the role.
    As much as I would've been happy to see Richard Harris continue in the role, I personally felt that Michael Gambon was a great Dumbledore. Adding just the right off beat wizardry and a little dry humour to the role.
    On a completely unrelated topic, we're actually doing a Harry Potter marathon now. Just started on The Chamber Of Secrets.
    These films are very rewatchable.
  • RC7RC7
    I watched Philosopher’s Stone again with my little one yesterday. It’s an incredible film for kids.

@talos7 enjoy your stay in London. Let me know if you need any tips on drinking dens or interesting Bond locations.
    I love the Potter films. It along with the LOTR and Bond films make up my top 3 film series. Really looking forward to Fantastic Beasts 2.
    @RC7 10-4 will do. I appreciate your offer !
    33218f381b7569c1.JPG
    4c232a5d9fd0a150.JPG
    a9f8aad2f13175d1.JPG

What is Elphaba doing here ?
    That looks very good. I enjoyed the first Fantastic beasts, this looks like it can deliver more of the same.
    Nagini is in this???
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 7,500
    I watched the trailer... and I immediately regret it! Why do they have to reveal so many crucial details in trailers these days?

Edit: I know the answer of course. But it is annoying nevertheless...
    I thought the same they spoilt alot with the final trailer, I'll wait for the Bluray.

This looks great fun!