The 'Agent Under Fire' appreciation thread !!

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited April 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 15,686
This game is just awesome. 2nd best game (tied with EoN) after GE007 on the N64. Some levels are just too cool. Like the one where you have to go into Q's appartment, and he is hiding in the shower.....

A lot of great gadgets, fun action, exciting levels... I always have a blast when replaying the game ! all in all a wonderful game !

Any fans of 'Agent Under Fire' on MI6Community ??

Comments

Big fan right here. I've actually gone back to the old XBOX recently and played EON from the beginning to end. Agent Under Fire will be next for me- in fact I just recently picked it up complete with book and box from an online store (I used to own it as a kid on Game Cube).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,882
    It was a decent game and generic Bond looked like a cross between Lazenby, Dalton & Brosnan. It did have a good trio of villains: Malprave, Bloch and The Jackal (whom has alway reminded me of Gillian Anderson). My favourite missions were:

- Dangerous Pursuit
    - Bad Diplomacy
    - Night Of The Jakal

However, it's doomed to sit in the shadow of the vastly superior Nightfire.
    Remember back when NightFire was still in production, and it looked as if that game would have the 'generic Bond' too? I remember seeing stills in Electronic Gaming Monthly (wow that takes me back....)
    I think it wasn't until the last minute that they were able to replace him with Brosnan.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    It would've been better if it had Brosnans likeness. I thought Nightfire was better but I do like this game, especially the embassy attack level and the level in the underwater base.

Another good feature was the multiplayer, which had Jetpacks... JETPACKS!!!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    I do often go back to playing AUF. For some reason, only the first level, and only until the part where Bond goes "Hmm Fireworks". I do however hate the level "Fire and Water".
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,813
    lol his voice is pretty funny in this game
    'TURN-LEFT-HERE-ZOE'

and 'Sorry about that Q-- I was................delayed' (lol how was that even a joke???)

However when he sees those identical twins and they tell him to admire the view, they walk away and Bond looks directly at their spandex-clad-asses and mutters 'I already am'- lol OK that was legitimately funny!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Throughout AUF Bond was on innuendo overload. He walks in on Malprave bending over, and like the gentleman he is, says nothing.

And how could I forget:

"Nice Fawl."
    That game sure is full of innuendo! It may not look or sound anything like him, but could Agent Under Fire be the Roger Moore game we've always wanted?? ;)
    That game sure is full of innuendo! It may not look or sound anything like him, but could Agent Under Fire be the Roger Moore game we've always wanted?? ;)

I love the villian who laughs all the time (the oil platform) and the car chases. But it feels much older than NF, despite the fact that only one year separated them.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 115
    This game is just awesome. 2nd best game (tied with EoN) after GE007 on the N64. Some levels are just too cool. Like the one where you have to go into Q's appartment, and he is hiding in the shower.....

A lot of great gadgets, fun action, exciting levels... I always have a blast when replaying the game ! all in all a wonderful game !

Any fans of 'Agent Under Fire' on MI6Community ??

I'm one, and you've pretty much summed up my views of the game there. That and the nostalgia factor I have when playing it.

However, a short while back browsing YouTube, I remember seeing promo footage of John Cleese's Q in the game along with Bond in a tux during the Jackal mission. Makes me remember feeling out of place back then playing a Bond game without Bond wearing one.
  • I like the game, I love how you can switch the DB5 for the Lotus, 'cause I really like the Lotus.

Also, sometimes, out of nowhere, I get the Forbidden Depths background music stuck in my head, and I can't get it out :)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I do wish the game gave you the choice of vehicles, instead of "use one Golden reward, use them all".
    It's okay, but Nightfire trumped it a few short months later. :-bd

Anyway, I do like some of the levels on AUF, like Dangerous Pursuit, Cold Reception, Streets of Bucharest, Poseidon, the one where you battle Carla the Jackal at the Embassey, the one on the aircraft carrier, and the last level. The vehicle levels are fascinating, AUF easily has one of the best driving systems in any Bond game. As for the multiplayer, I hate it. It's just not good at all. The player's hands aren't even shown holding the gun, the bots perform completely un-realistic moves, just a waste of time really. Also, no classic bots? Really?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agent Under Fire is the one game I keep coming back to, it has a cool story, great music and pure fun humor. It would make a great Roger Moore bond film.
    Murdock wrote:
    Agent Under Fire is the one game I keep coming back to, it has a cool story, great music and pure fun humor. It would make a great Roger Moore bond film.

It would make a good Brosnan film as well (and his silhouete is on the cover), especially since it deals with cloning.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    never played it, but is a pity that it don't have a Song theme like Nightfire.
    No, but, honestly... how good would an AUF song really have been?
    Wasn't the NightFire song extremely short if I remember right? (but good)
    There's also a full version. It's called "Nearly Civilized", and I can't figure out what the hell it has to do with the game.
    Wasn't the NightFire song extremely short if I remember right? (but good)

Yeah, but there's also a full version. It's the same with the Everything or Nothing song, I think they shortened them for the game.
    There's also a full version. It's called "Nearly Civilized", and I can't figure out what the hell it has to do with the game.

I think they just chose a random song and made the singer whisper Nightfire at the end.

Yeah, but there's also a full version. It's the same with the Everything or Nothing song, I think they shortened them for the game.

They shorten them for the films now, as well. GE-AWTD have all been shortened.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,407
    I'll say this. I prefer Nightfire and EoN but AUF made me a Bond fan. I remember playing it a friends house and wondering what it was and we started watching the films soon after. The game isn't perfect but it's filled with great moments and fun gameplay. And it paved the way for EoN because it was the same developers while Eurocom did Nightfire.

Really? Never knew that.

Really? Never knew that.

AVTAK, TLD, and LTK were all shortened also.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    00Beast wrote:

Really? Never knew that.

I didn't know about those three. I have the CD that has all the Bond themes (plus I downloaded DAD, NC, EON, YKMN, AWTD, WNLY, GE2010 and ITIA), and those all sounded the same to me.
    00Beast wrote:

Really? Never knew that.

I didn't know about those three. I have the CD that has all the Bond themes (plus I downloaded DAD, NC, EON, YKMN, AWTD, WNLY, GE2010 and ITIA), and those all sounded the same to me.

Yeah, I've got all the Bond themes on my MP3 Player up through The World is not Enough, minus You Only Live Twice because I absolutely hate that theme. By the way, what is WNLY?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Does anyone else think that Adrian Malprave sounds and looks like Elizabeth Hurley?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    I´m planning to start playing this again, thanks to this thread. I think I got stuck last time on the tank-level. I´ve tried to win the Lotus award, that would be my dream. But it´s awesome to be able to drive Connery´s car (AM DB5), Moore´s TSWLM car (Lotus Espirit) and Brosnan´s TWINE car (BMW Z8) in the same game.
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Really? Never knew that.

Yeah, I've got all the Bond themes on my MP3 Player up through The World is not Enough, minus You Only Live Twice because I absolutely hate that theme. By the way, what is WNLY?

When Nobody Loves You - theme to QoS the game.
    I like the game, I love how you can switch the DB5 for the Lotus, 'cause I really like the Lotus.
    Also, sometimes, out of nowhere, I get the Forbidden Depths background music stuck in my head, and I can't get it out :)
    I do wish the game gave you the choice of vehicles, instead of "use one Golden reward, use them all".

I'm so disappointed in myself-- when I was a kid and had this on the Game Cube, I had unlocked the Lotus (and tons of other stuff). Now I'm playing it brand new on the XBOX and for the life of me I can't earn it again!!! It has been years though- I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
    Oh well, at least I beat EON yesterday. I'm on a retro Bond marathon on the XBOX if you can't tell ;)