Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'd be happy with either a 6 game remastered bundle or an entirely new game. Hhmm.. maybe a little more of the latter.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm still upset we didn't get any sort of Splinter Cell announcement at E3 this year. I want another, or even some backwards compatible versions on the newer consoles.

Just bought Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory dirt cheap on STEAM I cant find Pandora Tomorrow on there for some reason.

On XBox One X I have Splinter Cell Conviction thats on backward compatibility.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I was thinking more of the earlier titles, particularly the very first game. I'm surprised they've yet to do it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I was thinking more of the earlier titles, particularly the very first game. I'm surprised they've yet to do it.

I would be surprised if they did not become available at some point, hopefully in the next wave of original Xbox titles on backward comparability, assuming more titles will appear. Just looked online cant find any announcements since April release dates.
    Mazouni wrote: »
    Also the original Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory are great games to buy during the Steam summer sale.

All of the 6th generation Splinter Cell games are worth picking up. I have them on the original XBox, but I have thought about buying the HD trilogy and the PS3 port of Double Agent.

I like all the Splinter Cell up to Double Agent. Conviction and Blacklist were not very good I thought.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 235
    I'm still upset we didn't get any sort of Splinter Cell announcement at E3 this year. I want another, or even some backwards compatible versions on the newer consoles.

Just bought Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory dirt cheap on STEAM I cant find Pandora Tomorrow on there for some reason.

Pandora Tomorrow got problems on the PC version same with Double Agent. If you got Xbox 360 you can play it on there. There are two version of Double Agent. The Xbox 360 version makes the most sense if you want to follow the plot. The regular Xbox version of Double Agent does not really follow the story of Conviction.

Same here I really had my mind set on an E3 announcement for a new Splinter Cell because of the DLC of Ghost Recon and the leaks they showed online however, that never happened was a big disappointment.
    I'd be happy with either a 6 game remastered bundle or an entirely new game. Hhmm.. maybe a little more of the latter.

I just want them to remake Spy Vs Merc from Chaos Theory.
    The Lion King and Castlevania Bloodlines for Sega Genesis

Pandora Tomorrow got problems on the PC version same with Double Agent. If you got Xbox 360 you can play it on there. There are two version of Double Agent. The Xbox 360 version makes the most sense if you want to follow the plot. The regular Xbox version of Double Agent does not really follow the story of Conviction.

I completed all the games though sold them years ago, I still have my 360 though its boxed up, ill get some good replayability from the STEAM games I bought today. I also bought Command and Conquer 3 and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition really cheap. Cheers talking about Half Life has led to some good bargains.
    Yep I'm glad I helped if I did. Hope you enjoy Half Life and Splinter Cell they are one my favorite games.
    Yep I'm glad I helped if I did. Hope you enjoy Half Life and Splinter Cell they are one my favorite games.

Played Half Life 2 for a few hours up to the part where flaming barrels are been dropped on me when submerged under water, I forgot what a great game this is.
    All this talk about Half Life- I have ‘The Orange Box’ on PS3; maybe I should finally finish it
    All this talk about Half Life- I have ‘The Orange Box’ on PS3; maybe I should finally finish it

Which game(s) do you need to finish? I love it as well, I'm thinking about picking it up again.

I completed all the games though sold them years ago, I still have my 360 though its boxed up, ill get some good replayability from the STEAM games I bought today. I also bought Command and Conquer 3 and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition really cheap. Cheers talking about Half Life has led to some good bargains.

Maybe we need a Half Life thread lol.

Half Life 1,Opposing Force and Blue Shift are awesome games to play as well.

Which game(s) do you need to finish? I love it as well, I'm thinking about picking it up again.

All of ‘em :(

All of ‘em :(

Playing all the Half Life games will keep you busy.

Maybe we need a Half Life thread lol.

Its been years since I played any of the games though I am immediately locked in, Half Life should have its own continent lol
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,882

The original game would benefit from a modern makeover. I don't think it has aged that much, graphically, but the gameplay, specifically the enemy detection* could do with a little tweaking.

*When you are detected, they know exactly where you are, even when in shadow!
    Also the original Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory are great games to buy during the Steam summer sale.

All of the 6th generation Splinter Cell games are worth picking up. I have them on the original XBox, but I have thought about buying the HD trilogy and the PS3 port of Double Agent.

I like all the Splinter Cell up to Double Agent. Conviction and Blacklist were not very good I thought.

I never got to play Conviction, but I like Blacklist. I like to think of Blacklist as the OHMSS of the series. Though I understand what other fans don't like about it.
    M&M's Beach Party.

The original game would benefit from a modern makeover. I don't think it has aged that much, graphically, but the gameplay, specifically the enemy detection* could do with a little tweaking.

*When you are detected, they know exactly where you are, even when in shadow!

I never got to play Conviction, but I like Blacklist. I like to think of Blacklist as the OHMSS of the series. Though I understand what other fans don't like about it.

Conviction was the worst Splinter Cell I thought. Blacklist was a big step forward but still was not a big fan. I think the problem with Conviction and Blacklist is they are trying please the new comers by changing the the game because the first four Splinter Cell games took more skill then Conviction. Blacklist started to go back to to old style of Splinter Cell but still felt like Conviction at some parts. They really should keep how the first four Splinter Cell played.
    Tomb Raider Legend on PC, one of my favorite adventures from the series, its a very atmospheric game, it looks good in 1080p. There is a toggle to have next gen content on or off which is a bonus, when switched on the graphics are considerably better.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Unless it is a coincidence, but how on earth could an update for Fortnite bring down the PSN? From the main menu, it took 25 minutes get into a match on Friday The 13th yesterday evening. 25 minutes! My online status was locked to offline, so it took most of those 25 minutes trying to get our party together, the rest were taken up by finding a match.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, in celebration of getting a new (well, used) Xbox 360, I'm playing Blood Stone.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I miss playing that game. My copy won't boot up on my Windows 10 OS.
    My Internet sucks - spent the entire weekend downloading all updates/patches/what have you for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Get off work early today, can't wait to finally fire it up and check it out...and it just will not play. Over 30 GB of downloads, countless times I forced myself to avoid wi-fi usage this weekend to help it download, all for absolutely nothing. Now I get to re-download everything, and who knows if it'll even work. Gotta say, it spells doom and gloom for me when a game is giving me stress and I haven't even loaded it yet. What a shame.
    @Creasy47 - The size of the update(s) are intimidating, but I think it is worth it. I nearly gave up, myself, because the mammoth size of the day one update, but I saw it through to completion and am so glad I did.
    @Creasy47 - The size of the update(s) are intimidating, but I think it is worth it. I nearly gave up, myself, because the mammoth size of the day one update, but I saw it through to completion and am so glad I did.

Well I'd gladly agree if I could play the damn thing. I'm returning it if I waste time updating it again and it still won't let me start it.

Well I'd gladly agree if I could play the damn thing. I'm returning it if I waste time updating it again and it still won't let me start it.

I'm not sure what has happened. How far are you able to get, to the title screen?