Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Thinking back no played that on PC, I definitely had one of the games on PS2 though I recall playing both on PC the more I think about it on Windows 95 or 96.
    Thinking back no played that on PC

The expansion packs of Half Life 1 and the Half Life 2 episodes are worth playing.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have Windows 10 no doubt the games have been remastered?

I'll have a look on Amazon or Microsoft store see what price they are.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 235
    I have Windows 10 no doubt the games have been remastered?

Half Life 1 has but it is not done yet. Called Black Mesa on Steam. All the Half Life games will run on Windows 10. Also there a big sale on Steam you can buy all Half Life for really cheap right now.
    I also have a Xbox One X Xbox now do original Xbox games on Backward compatibility it may be available on console that way, I'll check when home. Though your point about the controls on PC being better is true, looked on Amazon Half Life 2 is easy to pick up cheap for PC.
    I also have a Xbox One X Xbox now do original Xbox games on Backward compatibility it may be available on console that way, I'll check when home. Though your point about the controls on PC being better is true, looked on Amazon Half Life 2 is easy to pick up cheap for PC.

I'd just buy Half Life 2 on Steam if I were you. Half Life 2 is 99 cents on Steam right now. From my understanding even if you buy the disk your going to have to install Steam anyway.
    Mazouni wrote: »

I'd just buy Half Life 2 on steam if I were you. Half Life 2 is 99 cents on steam right now. My understanding even if you buy the disk your going to have to install Steam anyway.

Just checked on my Xbox app on tablet it's a no go, ok I'll do that I did install steam for another game I forget which, I rarely play games on PC now.

I'd just buy Half Life 2 on steam if I were you. Half Life 2 is 99 cents on steam right now. My understanding even if you buy the disk your going to have to install Steam anyway.

Just checked on my Xbox app on tablet it's a no go, ok I'll do that I did install steam for another game I forget which, I rarely play games on PC now.

I'm opposite I don't play console games due to the controller and most of the games I like are on PC.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I'd just buy Half Life 2 on Steam if I were you. Half Life 2 is 99 cents on Steam right now. My understanding even if you buy the disk your going to have to install Steam anyway.

Yup.

I'm not sure which Half-Life I prefer, but I love the way the story of the first and all three expansions are told, visiting the same event from different angles. It makes the whole experience more interesting.

Portal 2 is significantly better than Portal 1, though.
    If you want to play the game on Xbox you can get The Orange Box I think that works with Xbox One.

I'm opposite I don't play console games due to the controller and most of the games I like are on PC.

In the 80's and 90's it was mainly on computer I played games from ZX Spectrum to Spectrum +3, Amiga to Atari ST then Windows PC's I played around with. then moved onto Master System and Mega Drive, then had PS1 and PS2 (and had one of those Wii consoles got bored of that quick lol) then onto Xbox 360 and bought every Xbox since then, I have two Xbox Ones at the moment rigged up in different rooms. Been a console gamer for quite a while now, though I do occasionally play old PC games.
    Inspired by all the new video material of RE2 Remake, I decided to play the original Leon scenario B.

After that I bought RE4 for ps4. It's been years since I last played. Still pretty good game, even today.

In the 80's and 90's it was mainly on computer I played games from ZX Spectrum to Spectrum +3, Amiga to Atari ST then Windows PC's I played around with. then moved onto Master System and Mega Drive, then had PS1 and PS2 (and had one of those Wii consoles got bored of that quick lol) then onto Xbox 360 and bought every Xbox since then, I have two Xbox Ones at the moment rigged up in different rooms. Been a console gamer for quite a while now, though I do occasionally play old PC games.

I started with the James Bond games on the original Xbox. After that I started playing Splinter Cell when it came out on the original Xbox. Years passed by and the server got shut down for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory so I bought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for PC and I also got into Half Life and Counter Strike at the time. Ever since they shut down the original Xbox games for Xbox 360 I been playing PC games.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If you want to play the game on Xbox you can get The Orange Box I think that works with Xbox One.

Yeah? That's good to know; got an XB1S a few months back and this is one of many older titles I wanted to return to eventually. I'm curious if Team Fortress 2 is still active at all, or if it's filled with hackers and not much else.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yeah? That's good to know; got an XB1S a few months back and this is one of many older titles I wanted to return to eventually. I'm curious if Team Fortress 2 is still active at all, or if it's filled with hackers and not much else.

Get it on PC if you want it free on Steam.

I've never been a PC gamer sadly, nor do I have the proper setup to even run most games, I'm sure. Wish I was at times, I never see deals as good as those for PC titles, particularly on Steam.

I've never been a PC gamer sadly, nor do I have the proper setup to even run most games, I'm sure. Wish I was at times, I never see deals as good as those for PC titles, particularly on Steam.

I can understand that some people prefer console gaming and it much cheaper then Pc gaming.However, it does not take a powerful gaming computer to run Valve games.

I can understand that some people prefer console gaming and it much cheaper then Pc gaming.However, it does not take a powerful gaming computer to run Valve games.

I've shelled out a lot in the past few years for games, an Xbox One S, a 4K player, a new MacBook and a 4K TV; really don't see a PC capable of gaming in my future anytime soon. I just don't prefer gaming with a mouse; I know you can use a controller, but still.

I started with the James Bond games on the original Xbox. After that I started playing Splinter Cell when it came out on the original Xbox. Years passed by and the server got shut down for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory so I bought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for PC and I also got into Half Life and Counter Strike at the time. Ever since they shut down the original Xbox games for Xbox 360 I been playing PC games.

The Splinter Cell games are great.

Just purchased Half Life 2 and an addon for £0.71 bargain, just downloading the game from STEAM now, been almost 20 years since I played the game looking forward to playing it again. There is a summer sale on so will see what else is worth buying.

Edited: Just bought six early TOMB RAIDER games for just over £4 on STEAM, loved the early games.

I've shelled out a lot in the past few years for games, an Xbox One S, a 4K player, a new MacBook and a 4K TV; really don't see a PC capable of gaming in my future anytime soon. I just don't prefer gaming with a mouse; I know you can use a controller, but still.

I'm the opposite. When it comes down to FPS games I can't use a controller I need a keyboard and mouse.

Just purchased Half Life 2 and an addon for £0.71 bargain, just downloading the game from STEAM now, been almost 20 years since I played the game looking forward to playing it again. There is a summer sale on so will see what else is worth buying.

Edited: Just bought six early TOMB RAIDER games for just over £4 on STEAM, loved the early games.

Hope you enjoy the games.

Half Life 2 looks good on my curved widescreen monitor, just got my suit think ill be playing this for a few hours.

Half Life 2 looks good on my curved widescreen monitor, just got my suit think ill be playing this for a few hours.

All the Half Life games are really good. I recommend picking up the Half Life complete pack on Steam.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

All the Half Life games are really good. I recommend picking up the Half Life complete pack on Steam.

I second this recommendation.
    Will do they are very cheap at moment summer sale on until July 5th, purchased the complete pack they deducted the game I already bought from price which is good.
    I managed to grab the Mini NES Classic today before they sold out! Can’t wait to play it!

I second this recommendation.
    Will do they are very cheap at moment summer sale on until July 5th, purchased the complete pack they deducted the game I already bought from price which is good.

Also the original Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory are great games to buy during the Steam summer sale.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Also the original Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory are great games to buy during the Steam summer sale.

All of the 6th generation Splinter Cell games are worth picking up. I have them on the original XBox, but I have thought about buying the HD trilogy and the PS3 port of Double Agent.
    Good call not played the original SPLINTER CELL games in some time.
    I'm still upset we didn't get any sort of Splinter Cell announcement at E3 this year. I want another, or even some backwards compatible versions on the newer consoles.