Johnny English Strikes Again (2018)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I just finished viewing the early films for the first time.

Johnny English is just ok. It's a bit dated in places and it's quite cheaply put together. Natalie Imbruglia is very enticing as a fellow agent, and Tasha de Vasconcelos is absolutely ravishing in the early scene (pity she wasn't in more of the film). John Malovich hams it up nicely as a stereotypical Frenchman but his accent is awful. Ben Miller isn't too memorable as a sidekick however. I found it picks up nicely towards the end but is a bit flat through the middle.

Johnny English Reborn is a whole different kettle of fish entirely. I was really impressed and found myself in stitches on more than one occasion. They obviously upped the budget considerably, and there are some really fine action sequences, like the cable car finale. They got the cast right with this one too. If the always superb Gillian Anderson isn't enough, they also have the excellent Rosamund Pike in a fairly large supporting role. Dominic West (could easily have been Bond imho) and Daniel Kaluuya are also outstanding in their parts.

Great stuff, and now I can't wait for the next installment. I just hope they don't resort to overt cheap CGI in lieu of real location work. It's perhaps the success of Kingsman that has brought Johnny out of retirement. Got to keep the British end up.

• Enjoy!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Some first making off pictures include a couple with Olga..

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6921996/mediaindex?ref_=m_tt_pv_mi_sm

news-00114210-johnny-english-3-set-05.jpg

nintchdbpict000356183172.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Trailer.

johnny_english_strikes_again.jpg
    Teaser poster.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Trailer.

Teaser poster.

Better than the SP poster I suppose.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I loved the GoldenEye reference in the trailer :))
    It's funny you mention that, because the SP poster is the first thing I thought of when I saw this.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's funny you mention that, because the SP poster is the first thing I thought of when I saw this.
    Craig couldn’t hold that pose
    vzok wrote: »

How weird wouldn't that be, if he did! :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Not if he keeps those super tight suits from SF/SP. ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Not if he keeps those super tight suits from SF/SP. ;)
    Very true. If Craig tried that in one of his awful spray on SP suits the trousers would split and he'd be, to quote Blackadder himself, 'tackle out'.
    Definitely a cinema trip for me!!! Lol!
    Goodvibe. A lot of humor.
    Nice remember to Roger Moore also. And that car.

Trailer.

Teaser poster.
    I like the jacket. English may be frequently inept, but he has always dressed well.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    mattjoes wrote: »

Trailer.

Teaser poster.
    I like the jacket. English may be frequently inept, but he has always dressed well.

Atkinson's attire in that trailer looks better fitting than Craig's in SP!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    36338991_2125463477468563_400720727889674240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b40b8bf16be06b9221f0d7232663b61b&oe=5BA116A1
    It may be a comedy, but Rowan Atkinson dresses really well and looks suave and stylish, as if he was actually playing Bond. I remember the turtlenecks he wore in the other films suited him particularly well.

They're calling this film Johnny English 3.0 in my country. What a lame title. The original one is infinitely better. Who knows what research told them to change it.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Personally I'm calling it Johnny English 3: SilverFox.
    36338991_2125463477468563_400720727889674240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b40b8bf16be06b9221f0d7232663b61b&oe=5BA116A1

Nice poster! Agree with @mattjoes regarding Atkinson's attire. Maybe EON should have a look at the costume and wardrobe people from JE Strikes Again?
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,416
    Release date of The Netherlands is confirmd by pathe.nl/Dutch version of the poster: 20 September 2018.

23688_96708_ps_sd-high.jpg

The UK release date is 05 October 2018 and American release is stil 26 October 2018.

In 2016 Bridget Jones 3 did very good with release date in the 3th weak of September and whas moost succesfull movie of 2011 In The Netherlands. Johnny English Reborn released on 06 October 2011 and did 4,6 million.

Of course with earlier release date it is easier to promote movie with Mamma Mia 2 (18 July) and Mission Impossible 6 (02 August). Also Sony is releasing the Spider-Man spinoff
    ''Venom'' on 04 October 2018 and Warner Mogli on 18 October.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    wg17294os1f11.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Rowan Atkinson and Steve Carell NEED to do a film together.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Rowan Atkinson and Steve Carell NEED to do a film together.
    +1
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Love it. Off the top of my head, there are scenes here that remind me of DAF, DAD, GE & TLD. This can't get here soon enough.
    My excitement for this film is more than that of Bond 25 (at the moment) – which is strange. The cinematography looks quite nice in those scenes in the trailer, as well.

…but not as nice as Olga!
    giphy.gif
    Hitting the guy with the baguettes. :))
    October 26 can't come soon enough. :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,969
    Yeah, great trailer. :))
    Johnny English - that guy is a second best agent of Her Majesty's Secret Service :)