The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards *Strangest Skyfall Rumour*

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited April 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
Here we are ladies and gents. Even since Skyfall was announced, what rumour caught you completely off guard? It could be outlandish, peculiar, or down right impossible. Whatever it is, post it for consideration to be nominated. I have to think on this one a bit...

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Ok, I have one. There was the rumour that Sam Mendes was taking all the action out of Bond to secure Oscars at the 2012 awards. This was later disproved, and was a crock even before it was revealed to be false.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The rumour that most hand to hand combat was being replaced by lots of big explosions because of the costs. How does this even work???
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The rumour that most hand to hand combat was being replaced by lots of big explosions because of the costs. How does this even work???

The category or what the rumor stated??

The category or what the rumor stated??

What the rumour stated.

Definitely the CIA gun smuggling through the set of Skyfall. Definitely.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Eve being Moneypenny. That was very strange and had an awful lot of mileage.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Fiennes playing Blofeld.
    Maybe Logan's "Bond should always fight Blofeld" comment should top the list. That kicked off a lot of 'discussion'. ;)
    Still don't see why people don't find the CIA gun smuggling rumor that surprising -_-
    Really, no rumour surprises me. Anyone will be up any sort of crap as long as it's about Bond, as Bond sells.

'Bond will die in Skyfall' will be the next one, I bet.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Really, no rumour surprises me. Anyone will be up any sort of crap as long as it's about Bond, as Bond sells.

'Bond will die in Skyfall' will be the next one, I bet.

Stop, you'll give them ideas!
    skyfall in bognor
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    My vote also goes on the whole CIA weapon transport through Skyfall.
    How about Ralph Fiennes is Blofeld. That was tripe to the 10th degree.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    How about Ralph Fiennes is Blofeld. That was tripe to the 10th degree.

There was a member here who was pretty vocal about Blofeld returning in Skyfall... I don't remember his username thought.....

• edited April 2012 Posts: 940
    'Silva having a pet komodo dragon' was a very random rumour.

Quite a step up from Sanchez's lil' iguana.

komodo-dragon-rgibson-1134.jpg
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    post deleted
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Sam Mendes hiring Rachel Weiss to be a Bond girl (early on; I don't think a big rumor).
    I don't know the CIA gun smuggling rumor ... now I want to read it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Whatever happened to all these community awards threads?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Yes, they seem to have died a death.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is hilarious. :D Both the MP and the Blofeld posts are.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, they seem to have died a death.

At the time we did it voting didn't seem to get traction on threads outside the Biggest Bond Fan threads, and some of the categories we had lined up just got lost amongst the other threads and others there was no voting at all period.

Having the awards the first year was interesting, but it is a lot of work and hard to manage with other things in life, and the second go-around was sort of the same. The process is very long and because it takes up so much time on the forum, it soon grows unsustainable if the process has to be repeated consistently every year or so, and loses its fun. It's also hard to expect people to vote on everything all the time, as we've all got pursuits.

I could see the awards working as a once every three years kind of deal, where we take a look at the previous three years of the forum and award things that way, with more sensible categories. If there's interest I'd for sure have another go, especially since I'm out of college now, which was a main source of my distraction when these awards were going through the nomination stage.

I'll bump the main thread and get people's thoughts.