No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I'd like him to have a good ally. And I do want Leiter back (J. Wright).
    You guys wouldn't be fine with Mark Strong as a villain? Are you serious? I'd love that so much
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    You guys wouldn't be fine with Mark Strong as a villain? Are you serious? I'd love that so much
    Either ally or villain would be fine with me.
    Yes, I'd like him to have a good ally. And I do want Leiter back (J. Wright).
    As cool as Wright was, I can´t stop imagining McConnaughey as Leiter.

• edited June 2018 Posts: 3,164
    TheBondExperience shared this very interesting post on instagram:

Mark Strong in Bond 25?

E925_C112-23_BB-441_A-8_C45-00627_B126937.jpg

I looked up the guy and he is legit Strong's personal trainer... so question is, is he messing about there or not

Giacomo Farci is a personal trainer and his Instagram page confirms that he works very closely with Mark Strong. Furthermore, check out his IMDB:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6858933/

He has extensive film experience and has worked with Strong on a number of projects.

I feel this is a 100% leak and Mark Strong will be in Bond 25. I pray that he won't be a villain. I remember there was a brief spell around 10 years ago where Hollywood couldn't get enough of casting Mark Strong as a baddie. I hope Boyle is smarter than that.

Perhaps Strong is affiliated with MI6 or Whitehall? I wouldn't mind if Strong was the henchman or a minor villain like Dimitrios, but not the big bad. Strong ha san intimidating presence and he's a solid actor. However, his casting feels obvious and is not particularly exciting.

We all know that Daniel Craig and Mark Strong are very close friends (isn't Strong the godfather to his daughter?). Also, Strong has worked with Danny Boyle on Sunshine. It always felt less if Strong would in a Bond movie and more when.

danny-boyle-wins-the-outstanding-contribution-award-and-actor-mark-picture-id849893402?k=6&m=849893402&s=612x612&w=0&h=gAVsu46ucCePrkoDZNwH11DMowXY9koGnuKNHdSIoDA=
    e625d839564005c4a5584851dbd96790.jpg

Strong himself confirmed that he was almost cast in SF. Perhaps as either Mallory or Silva

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm pretty sure he plays an MI6 operative in Deep State. If so, it's unlikely he will be in B25 and the training shot is most likely in preparation for that series 2nd season.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He does play an MI6 operative in Deep State.

However, I wouldn't rule him out of B25. I mean, why would the poster who is his trainer attach the hashtag "#Bond25" next to the post? It would degrade his reputation, wouldn't it?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Agreed, @ClarkDevlin. I rarely jump to conclusions, but to me, this is as good as a confirmation.
    I'd be very glad with him on board. Hell, I wish he was cast as Blofeld.
    Fair enough. Unless he's having a bit of fun with the audience. After all, would Babs and Co. want this sort of announcement to be made in this manner? It seems rather anticlimactic in my opinion.

Still can't see him being cast given he's in an ongoing series which deals with espionage and MI6 though, especially given his prior Kingsman involvement.

I look forward to being proven wrong though, as I'm a big fan of his and had the privilege of seeing him (as I did his buddy Craig) on Broadway a couple of years back.
    He could be working on Deep State and shoot the second season entirely until December. Who's to say he'll be filming his scenes in December for B25? He could come on board perhaps around late January or February. It's not impossible.
    I wasn't referring to scheduling conflicts but rather the fact that if cast he will be in a tv series that is being shown globally (and for all we know may get a third season) and a major event film concurrently, both dealing with MI6 and espionage. It just seems unlikely to me, especially since his most recent well known role was as a sort of MI6 alternative operative (in Kingsman).

Once again, happy to be proven wrong. Strong elevates anything that he is in.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I really like Mark Strong, be more than happy to see him in Bond25 in any capacity.
    Either a Saunders type MI6 ally.
    Or a Sean Bean style villain. Maybe not a former MI6 operative, but a strong villain. No pun intended ;)
    It's about time we had a strong villain.
    MGM owned Epix broadcasts Deep State in the US. Could this be the beginning of an MI6 universe? Hmm... :-?
    I am sure DC would be chuffed to have his pal Mark Strong onboard?!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Perhaps we can finally have a Blofeld do over.
    Perhaps we can finally have a Blofeld do over.

I wouldn't be against that idea in the least.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    "Mark Strong" sounds like a Bond villain name.

I hope he won't play an MI6 ally because I want to see Felix/Wright again, and two allies may be too many (no more Scooby gang, please). We'll see.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    This is basically confirmation he'll be in the film. I mean there is litterally no room for interpretation other than Bond 100 percent. This kind of tweet must have been planned.
    This is basically confirmation he'll be in the film. I mean there is litterally no room for interpretation other than Bond 100 percent. This kind of tweet must have been planned.

Sorry, I'm in the camp that says this isn't how EON would've planned it if so. A personal trainer tweeting out workout picture? I assume they'd go wider than this; this seems to me like the trainer is having a laugh. I'm a big fan of Strong's, though, and I'd be glad to be wrong.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Um, he was being sarcastic.
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    Well the post has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Uh oh. I have a bad feeling about this. If he is indeed in Bond 25, I'm praying he won't be playing a villain.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If he's in it, I'd be gobsmacked to see him play anything else. The guy's so typecast in the villainous role.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I've always liked Mark Strong. One of the things I love about him is that even though he has played a villain countless times, he's always played it differently. Pinbacker in SUNSHINE, D'Amico in KICK-ASS, Lord Blackwood in SHERLOCK HOLMES, Sinestro in GREEN LANTERN, ... no two of these resemble each other. So who knows? Suppose he were cast as a bald Blofeld or -- oh hell, I dunno -- just some bad guy, I'm sure I wouldn't mind.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Back in 2014 I though Sam Mendes was intelligent enough not to cast Christoph Waltz as the main villain. I was wrong. Now I think Boyle is intelligent enough not to cast Strong as the main villain. If I'm wrong again, Bond 25 could be in BIG trouble.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    =))
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I wouldn't mind having Strong be a exotic MI6 contact for Bond.