Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's sad when one commercial ad track screams more Bond than any of the efforts conducted by a certain composer for the last two films.
    It's sad when one commercial ad track screams more Bond than any of the efforts conducted by a certain composer for the last two films.

It really is.
    Is it known who did the Coca-Cola music?
    Good question. It's not known who did it. I'd like to find out, though it would probably be difficult.

David Arnold, maybe? :D

Ouch! But true. At any rate, I think it's pretty certain that Thomas Newman's association with James Bond is over by now. It wasn't bad but definitely not ideal either.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What is Coca-Cola? Is it a music style?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,104

This track is Uber Bond

I don't think this soundtrack has Arnold's very best Bond Theme/Track, though QoS in its entirety I think is Arnolds best score. #BringArnoldBack
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

• Bond 77

Bond 77

Great track I listened to this hundreds of times on Tape when I was young
    Have you heard Anthony Newley’s other version of Goldfinger?
    vzok wrote: »

There's another one? Thought this was the only one he recorded!

The reason why I felt like hearing this version again, was because of the discussion on QI in this clip:

The version you posted sounds like a proper studio version with that cool jazz vibe, whereas the other version sounds like a rougher demo, but is the exact same tempo as the Shirley Bassey version.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,104

3:17 Awesome

The version you posted sounds like a proper studio version with that cool jazz vibe, whereas the other version sounds like a rougher demo, but is the exact same tempo as the Shirley Bassey version.

Is that version available somewhere?

I don't see it anywhere. I'll post it on Youtube, but I won't leave it up long as I'm not sure the person I got it from wanted it shared too widely.
    Here it is

• edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241

I don't see it anywhere. I'll post it on Youtube, but I won't leave it up long as I'm not sure the person I got it from wanted it shared too widely.

Oooh, great! Thank you! Downloaded a MP3 of the video so I can listen to it without you having to keep a video up. Hope that's OK!

Oooh, great! Thank you! Downloaded an MP3 of the video so I can listen to it without you having to keep a video up. Hope that's OK!

No problem. Enjoy it.

Oooh, great! Thank you! Downloaded an MP3 of the video so I can listen to it without you having to keep a video up. Hope that's OK!

No problem. Enjoy it.

Great! Have to say I enjoy these Anthony Newley recordings of GF. Quite distinctive voice, I have to say.
    If there isn't one, maybe we should create a thread with some information on re-recordings and rare versions of Bond themes. I imagine there's a great number of them that are probably not worth going into but some should be of particular interest. George Martin recorded an eight-minute suite from his LALD score. John Barry did several versions of his title themes. For instance, in the seventies, he did new versions of We Have All the Time in the World and DAF in the style of the theme of the Persuaders (he also gave several other non-Bond themes the same treatment). There's also a lovely re-recording of Alpine Drive from GF, with electric bass.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No problem. :)
    mattjoes wrote: »
    If there isn't one, maybe we should create a thread with some information on re-recordings and rare versions of Bond themes. I imagine there's a great number of them that are probably not worth going into but some should be of particular interest. George Martin recorded an eight-minute suite from his LALD score. John Barry did several versions of his title themes. For instance, in the seventies, he did new versions of We Have All the Time in the World and DAF in the style of the theme of the Persuaders (he also gave several other non-Bond themes the same treatment). There's also a lovely re-recording of Alpine Drive from GF, with electric bass.

@mattjoes @Murdock All those are new to me! Are they available somewhere, or are they unreleased?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Torgeirtrap, here's the George Martin LALD suite.
    mattjoes wrote: »

@mattjoes @Murdock All those are new to me! Are they available somewhere, or are they unreleased?
    They've all been released on albums. Some of them might be on YouTube. If they're not, I'm sure something can be done about that. ;)

Murdock wrote: »
    Hmm, this appears to be down for me.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Murdock wrote: »

Thanks, @Murdock! Love the LALD score, and Martin looks to have incorporated some of the motifs I like the most in this LALD suite track! :)