R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
edited September 2020 in Bond Movies Posts: 7,567
With the passing of the first Bond girl Eunice Gayson we have decided it would be more fitting to open a new thread dedicated to all those who have served the Bond franchise in front of and behind the camera, no matter how small their contribution may have been.

The original Rest In Peace thread will continue for non-Bond related tributes.

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Good decision. I hope this thread won't be too busy too soon.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 11,189
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Eunice is only the third Bond girl to pass away.

Cassandra Harris, Molly Peters and now her.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 8,655
    Karin Dor as well...if you count the "baddie girls".
    Ah yes.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great idea R.I.P. To the first Bond Girl who was very memorable indeed.

s-l300.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Eunice is only the third Bond girl to pass away.

I guess it depends if you include secondary Bond girls. Angela Scoular for example.
    NicNac wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »

I guess it depends if you include secondary Bond girls. Angela Scoular for example.

Ah of course, that's 5 :(
    Or if you include the non-official ones : Linda Christian, for example.
    Whether they are primary or secondary Bond girls is sometimes hard to tell. Is Fiona Volpe "secondary" only because Domino is the closest thing to a Bond love interest? Was Sylvia Trench really "primary" while her only real contribution was to make Connery say "Bond, James Bond" for the first time? I think we should include all of them, especially since the directive is "no matter how small their contribution may have been."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's all in the billing.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Whether they are primary or secondary Bond girls is sometimes hard to tell. Is Fiona Volpe "secondary" only because Domino is the closest thing to a Bond love interest? Was Sylvia Trench really "primary" while her only real contribution was to make Connery say "Bond, James Bond" for the first time? I think we should include all of them, especially since the directive is "no matter how small their contribution may have been."

Sorry, don't misunderstand. The thread is for everyone involved in whatever capacity. The discussion about secondary Bond girls resulted from BAIN's point about how may Bond girls had passed away.
    NicNac wrote: »
    The thread is for everyone involved in whatever capacity.
    That's how I understood your OP.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    Eunice_Gayson.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Eunice_Gayson.png

Excellent
    Rest In Peace Eunice. She shares the same name as my late grandmother. I met her briefly at a movie memorabilia exhibition. She seemed like a nice lady.
    Bounine wrote: »
    Rest In Peace Eunice. She shares the same name as my late grandmother. I met her briefly at a movie memorabilia exhibition. She seemed like a nice lady.

I met her at one too, beautiful lady inside and out.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,622
    I don't believe any first-billed Bond girls have passed yet. First-billed is obvious I think, but for maybe Marceau & Richards in TWINE and maybe Mie Hama & Akiko Wakabayashi in YOLT.
    Personally I'd defer to Mie in YOLT as she played the iconic Fleming Bond Girl and ultimately the main love interest.
    Of the lead Bond Girls, Honor Blackman has got to be the oldest.

===Edit
    Blackman is 92

Zena Marshall is another Bond Girl who has passed. She played Miss Taro in DN. She died in 2009.
    DN might be the first Bond film in which two identifiable Bond Girls (character with name & actress credit) have passed.
    ie Marshall and Gayson
    Bump

Actually, DN isn't the first film to have lost two Bond Girls

There is also OHMSS which has lost
    Angela Scoular as Ruby
    Virginia North as Olympe
    Julie Ege as Scandinavian Angel of Death
    Mona Chong as Chinese AofD

The other angels appear to all still be alive, most in their '70s.

This has piqued my interest. I think I will research all of the films especially the oldest
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Nancy Sinatra
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It was Nancy Sinatra Sr. who passed. RIP.
    I just saw the headline. Well, my condolences to Nancy, then.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Nancy Sinatra.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The girl was 101 years old. RIP

For the record, this isn't the YOLT singer!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    god, you guys, don't frighten me like that!
    That one had me scared for a second as well.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 15,785
    RIP LALD's Hamilton, Robert Dix. Also great in many sci-fi and horror films including FORBIDDEN PLANET, BLOOD OF DRACULA'S CASTLE, SATAN'S SADISTS, and HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    RIP LALD's Hamilton, Robert Dix. Also great in many sci-fi and horror films including FORBIDDEN PLANET, BLOOD OF DRACULA'S CASTLE, SATAN'S SADISTS, and HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS.

R.I.P. Robert Dix Forbidden Planet and Live and Let Die two great movies.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Whose funeral is it? His!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    Whose funeral is it? His!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

No need to act like Dix.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,622
    From the Hollywood Reporter

"While in New Orleans doing research for a movie about Cajun customs, Dix discovered that Roger Moore, a buddy from his days at MGM, was there filming Live and Let Die (1973). After a night on the town, the 007 star put Dix to work in an uncredited role as an FBI agent who gets knifed and then placed in a casket during a Bourbon Street parade."

I wonder is the actor that stabbed him still alive?