Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This game has been in development since... when exactly? 2009-10 or so?

Just about, I'd say; I think they dropped the first trailer for it mayyyyybe five years back? I'm guessing a late 2019 release for this (but hopefully earlier).
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This game has been in development since... when exactly? 2009-10 or so?

Just about, I'd say; I think they dropped the first trailer for it mayyyyybe five years back? I'm guessing a late 2019 release for this (but hopefully earlier).
    I remember the first revelation they made of that kneeling girl in white ripped dress revealing bionic accessories from her arms and looking as if she murdered someone. Good Heavens, I was still in high school back then. Senior year. I remember that shot very well. :))
    That was a good reveal trailer, and that's why I'm thinking the game will release sooner rather than later - there's no way they arrive at E3 just to unveil an in-game engine trailer, then go back to developing it for another three or four years.

Was also quite surprised by the Fallout 76 stuff, looks good and it's nice to have it set in my home state of West Virginia. A bit surprised to hear it's FOUR times the size of its predecessor, given that was already a large game. It makes me worried that the world will feel a bit "empty," as map size really doesn't mean anything if there's nothing to do within it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So this image has been floating around the internet, supposedly from someone within E3 sneaking pictures. Some places are swearing it's legit, others are calling BS. Seems too good to be true though....right?

34602642_10101720181280101_1641763025696325632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a47991f2ddc0398627c7e54c41e9b16e&oe=5BC138B5

Really doesn't matter to me if it is true, Konami and I are no longer on speaking terms.

And, seriously, just Snake Eater? They're only re-porting that one because they know it's a guaranteed sell. Take a friggin' risk, Konami, and maybe please some of the people you pissed off by sacking Kojima.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Konami won't go far with Metal Gear without Kojima. They lack the vision. Oh boy, do they lack it!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ubi E3 has just began. The fate of the stealth genre hangs in the balance...
    Ubi E3 has just began. The fate of the stealth genre hangs in the balance...

I kept saying I'd have no interest in anything they might present, completely overlooking Splinter Cell somehow. I'll be VERY happy to get an announcement of either a new one, or some backwards compatible versions of the older titles.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Divison 2 sounds interesting.

I'll probably pass on it; the first one was fun solo, but hot damn was the PvP section pure and utter brain cancer. Nothing but toxic trolls ruining the fun for everyone that was playing it straight-laced.
    Who honestly cares about skull and bones honestly
    How long is Ubisoft's conference supposed to last? My Internet speed is garbage right now so I can't even watch it; seeming less and less likely we get that Splinter Cell reveal.

I'll probably pass on it; the first one was fun solo, but hot damn was the PvP section pure and utter brain cancer. Nothing but toxic trolls ruining the fun for everyone that was playing it straight-laced.

I've had enough of those sort of people in Friday The 13th. Though at least one of the recent patches fixed it where trolls used to lock things like petrol, battery, keys and the fuse in the rooms that could only be entered by 1 door, and escaped from by a window.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Who honestly cares about skull and bones honestly

It looks like a pirate equivalent of a Michael Bay film. After the first few minutes, my attention wandered.

I'm starting to feel is if there wont be any Splinter Cell announcement. Unless it will be at the very end, and merely an official announcement with no footage.
    @MajorDSmythe, it's a toss-up between The Division and Grand Theft Auto Online for most toxic gaming community. I don't care how great a game is, when I experience that a few times, it's all it takes to completely kill my enjoyment in something. It's what has me on the fence about Fallout 76: it's all online and others will live in your world, so if I can't curb that with ease or have some "solo" mode, then I'll pass.

They could be saving it for last, knowing fans are eagerly awaiting it. And no wonder my Internet was slow: ANOTHER Assassin's Creed: Origins update popped up and is downloading on its own in the background. I'll never get to play this game at this rate, I just finished downloading the second most recent update.
    @Creasy47 Don't underestimate the worst of the worst of the F13 playerbase. Picture the scene. You are Jason, you are hunting another player, they are flashing their torch and dancing. They are cocky, because they know they have multiple sprays or knives You stick on them, wearing them down, you eventually grab them, when they quit out before you can kill them. Then you have teamers, players working with the Jason player. Players driving around in the cars, trying to run over other players that aren't Jason. In my personal experience, F13 has the worst gaming community I have encountered thus far.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 40,371
    That does sound a good bit akin to The Division: you're with some players who seem cool, you go through an area with insanely high level AI enemies that you absolutely need assistance with to help get through the area. You get the insanely high level loot at the end, you go to call in the extraction...and someone kills you and takes your stuff, therefore negating the last hour you spent, and you earn absolutely nothing but anger.

Sounds like these two communities have a lot in common! Like I said, that toxicity will have me retroactively hate a title I was otherwise enjoying.

EDIT: So no Splinter Cell; perhaps it'll be saved for the PS4 show? Maybe Ubisoft has a deal with them to unveil it there, which would mean it'd have some exclusive content that the Xbox won't. Fingers crossed.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's not all like that. I have been able to get in with a small group of players. We work as a team, but we don't leave other behind. I uploaded a video recently where I could have escaped by myself in the 4 seat car. But I didn't, I Iet the two players near the car get in (they had put the battery and petrol in, and were about to go looking for the keys, when I showed up with one of the two pairs of keys in the map), and on my way to the exit, I picked up a third passenger.
    Something else that is broken, the salt mines, which have been introduced to discourage people from quitting out during a match also don't work properly. Players have claimed to have been put in the mines, because the host of a match quit!

Yes, no Splinter Cell. Maybe there is an exclusive deal, but... I don't know.
    I’m out see you guys at e3 2019 lol
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FoxRox wrote: »

I'm so getting that along with the Arwing and Fox figurine.
    I see that Assassin's Creed every other year model didn't last too long!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

It was never going to. Considering the movie came out in the interim, it never really happened in the first place.

I'll say, though, this looks like the first AC game since Brotherhood that actually interests me.

It was never going to. Considering the movie came out in the interim, it never really happened in the first place.

I'll say, though, this looks like the first AC game since Brotherhood that actually interests me.

I had incorrectly assumed it would; shame, as it seemed the last one benefitted from that extra year.

I had incorrectly assumed it would; shame, as it seemed the last one benefitted from that extra year.

Oh, I'm not saying that like I had inside info, or anything, I'm saying that in a cynical "They'll never give up that annual release money for too long" kind of way.
    Too right. So sad, but so true.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 12,837
    I'm in two minds about the new Assassin's Creed.

On the one hand it looks great. Everything that was brilliant about Origins is back but the setting seems even cooler and more diverse, it's got naval stuff to rival Black Flag and there seems to be even more freedom and choice (multiple options/endings for the different stories, being able to talk your way out of a situation instead of just fighting).

On the other hand it's set even further back than Origins. And that was the origin story, so you're not even a proto assassin now. You're just a character in that world. The magic of the story for me isn't the weird alien stuff, or even the historical side of it (although that is pretty cool). It's the whole secret badass society side of it, the assassin/templar war and the moral debate that brings up. I mean, it's called Assassin's Creed. I want to play as an assassin and fight templars (I know there's that side of it in the modern day but I've never cared about that).

I'm definitely going to buy it and I can get on board with it for this one. But I'm hoping next year they go forward in time again to when the assassins and templars are established. Maybe a much more modern setting in a big city again to change things up after two games of ancient history.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The one I've been waiting for!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Wow, Léa Seydoux in the new KOJIMA game. :O

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Sony won E3 this year.