Hitman (2000-Present) Game Series

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Day one purchase
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,882
    I could live without co-op in the Hitman series. The games haven't needed it in the past, and still don't imo. I'm just glad that we are getting another game in the vein of Hitman (2016), and not another Hitman: Abomination.

Sean Bean taking time off from O2? ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I could live without co-op in the Hitman series. The games haven't needed it in the past, and still don't imo. I'm just glad that we are getting another game in the vein of Hitman (2016), and not another Hitman: Abomination.

Sean Bean taking time off from O2? ;)

I think I was wrong, and it's just co-op for the early access Sniper Mission they released. Doubt it comes to the main game but at this point we don't know everything so time will tell.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'm really happy for another one and one that's more like to 2016 game. I'm cool with co-op as long as multiplayer isn't the main focus. It could be fun to run around with a friend and plan assassinations together.

Also, is there anyway to change the title of this thread? I think this thread has become more about the other games now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    From what I understand, as well, this game doesn't appear to be episodic, correct?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,185
    From what I understand, as well, this game doesn't appear to be episodic, correct?

yes, it will be released in full. Meaning all 6 levels at once.
    But the game will get the inevitable dlc bonus missions, and they are planing to support it month later with Elusive targets, Contracts, etc. like they did with the 2016 game.

I was never a critic of the serialized format and would not have minded if they've kept it.
    I felt like i could really dive into each and every level each month. Now i am afraid i will just rush through some of them to get to the better ones.
    I'm really hoping the game would have more than just six levels. Hitman was way too short on that front. Sandbox levels, cinematic storytelling. And I want 47 to be in that cinematic storytelling rather than just being the in-game element to move the story forward.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,185
    I'm really hoping the game would have more than just six levels. Hitman was way too short on that front. Sandbox levels, cinematic storytelling. And I want 47 to be in that cinematic storytelling rather than just being the in-game element to move the story forward.

I don't know, i did not think it was too short. I have spend almost 200 hours in it based on my steam account so i can't complain :D There are endless posibilities and no level ever gets boring in my opinion.

But it will have six levels in total: http://hitman.com/locations
    It seems to me like the Miami level will be a lot larger, closer to Sapienza.
    Maybe they can compensate it that way.

As for the story.... there was a story in Hitman 2016?! Now that you mentioned it....
    edited June 2018 Posts: 40,372

Should be getting a proper first look at a gameplay demo tomorrow, too.
    Love that dark humour in it. Gotta love Hitman. :))
    Going to pre-order the Gold Edition and anticipate this game daily until it drops early on November 9th, where I'll proceed to do nothing but play that for a good, long while.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    0:56, what the... a Flamingo? I suppose it would be Hitman without the option to kill someone in a goofy costume.
    0:56, what the... a Flamingo? I suppose it would be Hitman without the option to kill someone in a goofy costume.

I can confidently say it'll be the first game where I can beat someone up using a muffin.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I can confidently say it'll be the first game where I can beat someone up using a muffin.

I'm having flashbacks to wearing the Father Christmas suit in 'You Better Watch Out...' from Hitman: Blood Money.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Don't forget the crow outfits from Blood Money as well. :D
    Murdock wrote: »

Good call. Who would suspect the 6'2" briefcase carrying crow as being up to no good? ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

Good call. Who would suspect the 6'2" briefcase carrying crow as being up to no good? ;)

I know I wouldn't. :))

I'm having flashbacks to wearing the Father Christmas suit in 'You Better Watch Out...' from Hitman: Blood Money.

Oh absolutely; running around as Father Christmas with a poisoned sausage to take out Lorne de Havilland's dog so the bastard wouldn't give up my position.

In that trailer I posted, you could see 47 donning what looks to be a racing mascot disguise, which should make for some good fun, too.

Already can't wait to see what other levels they'll come up with, but one of the other five is confirmed to take place in a rain forest of some type: a resort? A compound? Time will tell.
    While I enjoyed some of the levels of Hitman, especially Sapienza, I wasn't keen on the single-episode structure. I get the impression Hitman 2 will be the same.
    Now see, I loved it; gave me an incredible amount of time to become an "expert" on each level before moving on to the next one.

You needn't worry since you didn't like it, as Hitman 2 will be a full release come November 13th. They ditched the episodic model, as many people avoided the game when it first came out for that reason alone, just to complain that they missed out on the Elusive Targets. Can't please everyone, I suppose.
    *Chokes out the obliging NPC in the Flamingo costume* "What a helpful chap."
    After playing Hitman 2 a dozen times (as well as the Legacy Pack), I'm already hungry for the third part in this storyline. But, I suspect we won't be getting it till next year.
    After playing Hitman 2 a dozen times (as well as the Legacy Pack), I'm already hungry for the third part in this storyline. But, I suspect we won't be getting it till next year.

Yes, I wouldn't expect it until 2020, but they did just open up a new studio, so I guess it's feasible. I'd certainly hope not, as a year of development from start to finish wouldn't leave me optimistic. This new installment is simply way too buggy and filled with issues for my tastes.
    I am going to perform some Necrobumping on this thread, as Razor has uploaded a retrospective of the Hitman series.

I'm kind of new to hitman how does the continuity fit do you have to start with hitman absolution then the trilogy of 1 2 and 3?
    The series stretches back to the first PC game Hitman: Codename 47, and while I'd recommend checking out the original trilogy Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts,{/i} and {i}Hitman: Blood Money{/}, which were the best titles of the series for me, you should be fine picking up on everything by heading straight into the new trilogy. You may not fully grasp the history of certain relationships but the new three still flow smoothly enough and feel like a cohesive unit.
    The series stretches back to the first PC game Hitman: Codename 47, and while I'd recommend checking out the original trilogy Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts,{/i} and {i}Hitman: Blood Money{/}, which were the best titles of the series for me, you should be fine picking up on everything by heading straight into the new trilogy. You may not fully grasp the history of certain relationships but the new three still flow smoothly enough and feel like a cohesive unit.

Oh ok where does hitman absolution fit in? Are they all on steam? I play PC @Creasy47
    They're all on Steam, yes. And Absolution fits in between Blood Money and Hitman 2016.
    They're all on Steam, yes. And Absolution fits in between Blood Money and Hitman 2016.

Oh ok where should I start what universes are what? @Creasy47