"You killed my dog "...John Wick discussion

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,185
    -
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This could be interesting.

Look, I'll be honest. I just want Ruby Rose. If she's back in the game, so will I. Ah well, I will anyway but you get my point. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, Mark Dacascos, Jason Mantzoukas, Tiger Hu Chen, Yayan Ruhian (The Raid 2) and Cecip Arif Rahman (The Raid/The Raid 2) also joined. Man oh man. Get ready for a ton of really, really well choreographed fist fights in this one, then.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is this intended to be the final installment in this film franchise?
    It's not technically confirmed to be the final installment, but they always envisioned it as a trilogy, and Reeves is still set to make appearance(s) in the spin-off series The Continental.
    Is he also set to appear in Ballerina?
    Is he also set to appear in Ballerina?

I don't believe so, no. I could see some characters bleeding into that one, but I haven't heard any rumors or confirmation. Maybe he could play a quick cameo or something.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,686
    There's also the totally unrelated female revenge flick Peppermint, directed by Pierre Morel (Taken), starring Jennifer Garner, coming this September.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, Mark Dacascos, Jason Mantzoukas, Tiger Hu Chen, Yayan Ruhian (The Raid 2) and Cecip Arif Rahman (The Raid/The Raid 2) also joined. Man oh man. Get ready for a ton of really, really well choreographed fist fights in this one, then.

Daaaaaaamn.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,369
    New shot from John Wick: Chapter 3. Perhaps this is Halle Berry's character's rumored child; interesting that she's a ballerina, given the upcoming Ballerina movie:

Diamond Select's new $45 statue from Chapter 2:

diamond-select-wick.jpg?w=1404
    34409847_1044597145705179_4461725083508932608_n.jpg
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,185
    THATS the Halle Barry i wanted to see back for a while. Glad i'll see her back like this in one of my favorite new movie franchises.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just saw John Wick 2 and LOVED it! I just dig Keanu. This is an enjoyable series for me and the 3rd one cannot arrive soon enough.
    How can I fast forward one year? :D

Oh damn, spoiler warning for the On Set movie.
    But its really cool to see Mark Dacascos back as well!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Interesting that you bring up John Wick. I've been in the mood lately to watch them and I was thinking what would be in my top action movies and John Wick was for sure in my top five.

Go for it.....they did kill his dog and steal his car after all !!

Actually that's exactly my problem with the concept of the Wick movie. After all, they only killed his dog! I can't root for a guy that goes to such lengths to cause mayhem for a animal. To me this is simply too ridiculous to warm for.

If someone killed my dog then they need to run....but seriously the dog was just the trigger object after all he had lost before,it was the final straw.

No wonder Solace was banned if that's the sort of drivel he came up with. I'm fine with all sorts of sadistic brutality in my movies, but I loathe cruelty to dogs and sexual violence towards women.
    00Agent wrote: »

I'd take any and all set photos as spoilers; good thing you didn't catch one of the first ones someone filmed, it was a BIG spoiler from what I could tell. The excitement lies in the action in these films for me though, I don't mind catching a few spoilers on my way to assessing what type of action is in store for me when the film releases.

I'd take any and all set photos as spoilers; good thing you didn't catch one of the first ones someone filmed, it was a BIG spoiler from what I could tell. The excitement lies in the action in these films for me though, I don't mind catching a few spoilers on my way to assessing what type of action is in store for me when the film releases.

Unfortunately i think thats exactly the one i saw, because i was browsing the videos on the channel of this guy. The link only sends you to the channel, not a specific video. The video i saw was 2 weeks old. Well, lessons learned i guess. I will make damn sure that does not happen to me on B25.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 40,369

Unfortunately i think thats exactly the one i saw, because i was browsing the videos on the channel of this guy. The link only sends you to the channel, not a specific video. The video i saw was 2 weeks old. Well, lessons learned i guess. I will make damn sure that does not happen to me on B25.

Yeah that's the exact type of thing I wish to avoid with B25, but I'm amping that caution up to a 10 across the board: past the casting announcements and press conference, I'm avoiding all footage, BTS footage, articles, leaks, certain threads on the forums, you name it.

I actually doubt I'm strong enough to avoid the trailers, so hopefully I can limit myself to one viewing a piece.

Yeah that's the exact type of thing I wish to avoid with B25, but I'm amping that caution up to a 10 across the board: past the casting announcements and press conference, I'm avoiding all footage, BTS footage, articles, leaks, certain threads on the forums, you name it.

I actually doubt I'm strong enough to avoid the trailers, so hopefully I can limit myself to one viewing a piece.

Agreed, i will do the same. Not sure what i will do about the Trailers but we'll see when we get there.
    Only exception i will make is when they will film relatively close to me in europe, as i am considering flying to a filming location while they are filming there. And even if i catch a spoiler then, i guess it will be worth it.

As for Wick, i can't wait for the Trailers, those movies are not story heavy anyway if you know what i mean. So i don't think my enjoyment will be spoiled by them.
    Yeah I couldn't pass up the opportunity to catch live filming, spoilers or not. Agreed on Wick: the lore and story they do run with is great, but like I said, my interest and excitement sits in the action sequences and fights they craft.
    Yeah I couldn't pass up the opportunity to catch live filming, spoilers or not. Agreed on Wick: the lore and story they do run with is great, but like I said, my interest and excitement sits in the action sequences and fights they craft.

Exactly, it's the action and also the world building and lore that sucks you in. Characters are pretty thin, or rather more about the exterior than the interior. But that is fine with me. John Wick knows what it is and runs with it.

Exactly, it's the action and also the world building and lore that sucks you in. Characters are pretty thin, or rather more about the exterior than the interior. But that is fine with me. John Wick knows what it is and runs with it.

Agreed. It's a movie that perfects the choreography and fight sequences, excelling masterfully at it and making it the big reason to check these movies out; it's not needlessly attempting to vie for Oscars, and I love that.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Don't mislead you by the dogs she stil be Cat Woman..
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Don't mislead you by the dogs she stil be Cat Woman..

I even thought she had a Selina Kyle look to her in that photo, much more "in-character" as her than she looked in that awful, awful Catwoman movie she did.
    I personally love Halle Berry’s Catwoman movie, as well as her costume.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Keanu Reeves has confirmed that John Wick 3: Parabellum* is the official title of the upcoming May 2019 installement of the Wick trilogy.

* Parabellum: Latin for ''prepare for war''.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Can't wait. :D Ruby Rose is back as well. :)

Parabellum is also a type or brand of guns if I'm correct.