No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Will this really be a swansong for Craig?
    Surely Bond 26 will be a 2022 release to coincide with the 60th anniversary. It would be a very risky move to put a new actor in the role for that milestone. Wouldn't blame Babs if she tried to convince Craig to stay for a 6th.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    TR007 wrote: »
    Surely Bond 26 will be a 2022 release to coincide with the 60th anniversary. It would be a very risky move to put a new actor in the role for that milestone. Wouldn't blame Babs if she tried to convince Craig to stay for a 6th.

Yes, good point, and see my Roger Moore comparison above. Daniel Craig's already been in the role of Bond longer than Moore too.
  • RC7RC7

It’s not out of the question. Despite the backlash on here, I don’t believe there’s any real thirst for change amongst the general audience - which is perhaps in part because there is no genuine heir apparent. So yes, it’s possible. Just as Moore wasn’t expected to return on several occasions.
    CashleyPersia is so unreliable. Believe at your own risk.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    FoxRox wrote: »
    CashleyPersia is so unreliable. Believe at your own risk.

Like a lot of these chaps, he probably wants to make a name for himself. However, he could end up being infamous rather than famous! It can all backfire if you're just making it up as you go along.

Bond 25 will be Barbara's final Bond movie.
  • RC7RC7

Speaking of people who make stuff up...
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    This Cashley fellow is really playing us for chumps.

This wouldn’t be surprising honestly.
  • RC7RC7
    This Cashley fellow is really playing us for chumps.

If you believe him.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    FoxRox wrote: »

This wouldn’t be surprising honestly.
    It wouldn't bother me if it is, although I see scant evidence at present to suggest that it will be.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    I honestly don't see the problem with bond developing a mental illness and depression it really is fitting for this era and it could be an interesting side to bond we have never seen before as long as bond isn't a depressed angry man through the entire film then I'm down for that idea maybe they can play it up like Tony Stark's PTSD in iron man 3
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    antovolk wrote: »
    If TLJ was really hated by audiences it wouldn't have reached a billion after that opening weekend like Batman v Superman didn't. While there are legit criticisms that have been voiced, the so called backlash - the calls for boycotting 'Soylo', Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy etc - is only coming from specific corners of the fanbase that are rather backwards to put it kindly. So if something similar happens here with Bond - which I just think it might, if some reactions I'm seeing on this thread and other Bond forums to the female villain/protege rumours, suggestions of Bond fitting into the current MeToo climate etc is to go by - I say yes, bugger THOSE fans
    Sounds like you're more than overjoyed with lamentable TLJ and the potential female protégé idea so it seems like you are being well served.

I guess they aren't making Bond films for old farts like me anymore. The more EON can attract the repeat audience of teenagers the better for the box office and people like me can just go back to my Fleming books and the early films I guess. If that's the route they want to take the character that's their prerogative I suppose and I'm happy for you that you think that's a good thing. IMHO it would be sad and misguided - and you'd be alienating a group of hardcore fans not to mention all the elder demographic who have been supporting Bond films for 56 years and still have no guarantee of hitting the elusive billion - but as long as they get the Chinese and the youth on board who cares I guess?
    antovolk wrote: »
    It's just a question of marketing and how you present the film to potential audiences
    Is it? So with the right poster and Twitter campaign and appearances at ComicCon you could convince a load of teenagers to go to the latest Lars Von Trier? I'll take your word for it.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    The latest from CashleyPersia over on reddit:

I've heard the "big" idea is that Bond 25 will be a proper swansong for Craig and will give him a big meaty role. Supposedly, Bond will suffer from mental illness and depression.

They apparently going to film in Paris in December.

I've heard that Angelina Jolie is still being sought for the villain role. No word on who else is considered, but they want A-list.
    No doubt utter bullshit but I don't see anything in that comment that isn't anything that isn't in YOLT. I'd certainly prefer this to be true than the female protégé. Obviously it's a load of bollocks because Boyle and Hodge's big idea can hardly be just 'Let's film YOLT' as even EON must have thought of managed to think of that themselves surely?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Would we be happy if Danny Boyle used the OO7 theme (last heard in MR) at some point in Bond 25?
    Or has it been too long, and might not fit a modern Bond film. I personally would love to hear it again, so long as it fit the occasion and wasn't merely used for the sake of it.
    As @Major_Boothroyd mentioned above, it was used in T2. Just a thought.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,423
    It might only be my personal opinion but, the 007 theme never struck me as a spy theme in the slightest that actually fits Bond. It's more suitable to a war film with a 1950s dramatic tonality in its structure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It might only be my personal opinion but, the 007 theme never struck me as a spy theme in the slightest that actually fits Bond. It's more suitable to a war film with a 1950s dramatic tonality in its structure.
    I agree. It has a more adventurous tone to it. Having said that I like it very much and would love to see it back in the right context, preferably in a post-Craig Bond film which embraces and executes well on the 'formula'.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    The latest from CashleyPersia over on reddit:

...Supposedly, Bond will suffer from mental illness and depression.

Mad Max. Batty Bond. Barmy Bond. Obvious film title.

BEDLAM.

I'd love to hear the OO7 theme, it will never go out of style for Bond.
    Shades of The Man With The Golden Gun/You Only Live Twice?

Add me in with those wanting to hear the 007 theme
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I agree. It fits better with Looney Tunes than Bond actually.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I agree. It fits better with Looney Tunes than Bond actually.
    Haha, I can imagine Daffy Duck under the enlistment of the US Marine Corps attacking Hitler as the music plays. :))
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Spot on. I think it kinda works in FRWL when it’s used but it doesn’t really scream Bond to me. It’s in my bond playlist but I skip it quite often.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 2,887
    The "007" theme has always felt like a Western theme to me, or something out of a grand old adventure movie. It might be old fashioned but I've always liked it and wouldn't mind its return in a fitting context, or with a new arrangement.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Revelator wrote: »
    The "007" theme has always felt like a Western theme to me, or something out of a grand old adventure movie. It might be old fashioned but I've always liked it and wouldn't mind its return in a fitting context, or with a new arrangement.
    Yeah I can't say I'm a big lover of it. Kind of works in TB in the final battle but takes Barry really turning it up to 11 with lots of bells and whistles added on to achieve that.

I don't mind the chilled out version in the Little Nellie scenes but it's telling when the action proper kicks off that the Bond theme is called off the bench and thrown into the fray.

Perhaps in the right hands and with a new arrangement it might work and Boyle is clearly a fan so maybe. In certain circumstances it could be a nice touch to see it back I suppose.
    The should rearrange it and do it in 5/4. Much more drive.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Take the rumors with a grain of salt and always consider the source. IMHO, despite SP’s frustrating flaws, I don’t think DC has made a bad Bond film yet...and I don’t expect him to in Bond 25. And if DC is excited about working with Boyle and apparently approves of the script, then I am excited too. December can’t here soon enough!!!!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited June 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Yes @Benny - I think they could easily adapt '007' into a modern score without going for the traditional bombastic version - (on a side-note: the versions in FRWL and TB are my favourites.)

Not only did Boyle use the track in T2 but he had one of the characters commenting on how cool it was - while in a scene with Bernard Lee's grandson!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    YrpexKT.png

Experience it in WhoopiVision.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited June 2018 Posts: 2,730
    Finally someone who can do justice to Fleming’s character
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    YrpexKT.png

Experience it in WhoopiVision.

=)) @PropertyOfALady You have truly outdone yourself!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    James Bond Radio just said in their latest podcast that, according to their sources, a phone call between David Arnold and Danny Boyle has taken place.

1 hour 4 minutes and 40 seconds in.