No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Would be a damn good locale for a Bond shoot, though.
    Guess we will see sooner or later!
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Guess we will see sooner or later!

Will see what?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,921
    jake24 wrote: »
    I could never not watch the trailers. I'd be missing out on the most exciting part of the build up to release.

I think the key might be just to watch the trailer once. Or twice, tops. ;)

I know it's a Heineken commercial but I just had to Google Cardona, Spain and you know what came up? A salt mine! Hmm...
    echo wrote: »
    I could never not watch the trailers. I'd be missing out on the most exciting part of the build up to release.

This is when I fall down the rabbit hole and realize I've watched the trailer 40 or 50 times in a week, despite telling myself I'd only give it one viewing. Oops!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    echo wrote: »

This is when I fall down the rabbit hole and realize I've watched the trailer 40 or 50 times in a week, despite telling myself I'd only give it one viewing. Oops!

I remember going to the theater specifically to see the TLD trailer (and leaving before the movie itself). Pre-Internet, we couldn't parse the trailers. And in a lot of ways, that was better.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like Heineken. :) Lovely photo, too.
    interesting that the Heineken adds have gone for a retro vibe. the last couple were reminiscent of the (better?) Stella Artois ads.

period Bond anyone?
  • RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote: »
    interesting that the Heineken adds have gone for a retro vibe. the last couple were reminiscent of the (better?) Stella Artois ads.

period Bond anyone?

No.
  • DomesticKittenDomesticKitten Blofeld's Lap
    edited May 2018 Posts: 29
    Late to party...

Boyle - Wonderful choice, glad he's confirmed. He has a great style. So long as there's no "The dead are alive" nonsense in 25, I'm confident he'll do a grand job
    Hodge - Excellent writer. If it's an original idea between both Boyle and himself, I think it could be golden
    Annapurna - Should be a wonderful breath of fresh air for the domestic release. Their marketing chops are solid
    Universal - ...sure. I'm positive they'll be competent. I have no strong thoughts either way
    Temine Out - Boyle's previous costume designers have done interesting work, and I'm always curious to see new collaborators join a production
    Composer - I don't think Arnold will return. My money is on Daniel Pemberton
    Spain - It's 210% a commercial
    Whoopie Goldberg - I will be personally, deeply offended if she's not involved...
    Links to Spectre - I agree that I don't think Boyle would want to make a "sequel to a Sam Mendes film". Not having him be with Madeline will certainly be jarring, so they may have to find a way around that, but I don't expect to see Spectre or Blofeld this time round

I can't wait for this project. Everything is shaping up nicely.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Late to party...

Boyle - Wonderful choice, glad he's confirmed. He has a great style. So long as there's no "The dead are alive" nonsense in 25, I'm confident he'll do a grand job
    Hodge - Excellent writer. If it's an original idea between both Boyle and himself, I think it could be golden
    Annapurna - Should be a wonderful breath of fresh air for the domestic release. Their marketing chops are solid
    Universal - ...sure. I'm positive they'll be competent. I have no strong thoughts either way
    Temine Out - Boyle's previous costume designers have done interesting work, and I'm always curious to see new collaborators join a production
    Composer - I don't think Arnold will return. My money is on Daniel Pemberton
    Spain - It's 210% a commercial
    Whoopie Goldberg - I will be personally, deeply offended if she's not involved...
    Links to Spectre - I agree that I don't think Boyle would want to make a "sequel to a Sam Mendes film". Not having him be with Madeline will certainly be jarring, so they may have to find a way around that, but I don't expect to see Spectre or Blofeld this time round

I can't wait for this project. Everything is shaping up nicely.
    Your optimism is a breath of fresh air.
    I don't see any reason why they need to reference Madeleine. no one gives 2 hoots.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,185
    I don't see any reason why they need to reference Madeleine. no one gives 2 hoots.

You could be right. I think we are reading more into it than the general public does. Not even sure why. After all it was a fairly classic Bond-gets-the-girl ending, for Craig that is.

There are hints in the Movie that there might be 'more' than usual between them but that doesn't really mean much in th grand scheme of things. Bond has a new girl every movie. We have not gotten a good reason why that should stop. Last thing i want to see is Bond dealing with Relationship issues. Let the man have his fun.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    My prediction is that this add will go up in front of the World Cup and they will film another one for Bond 25.
    well it seems unlikely Seydoux will make an appearance. why would Boyle waste time wrapping up some tedious loose ends from SP that no one cares about anyway. I don't think they need to reference it in any way at all personally. neither hard-core or casual fans want it.

clean slate. traditional loose continuity. yes this is the same Bond from SP but that doesn't mean the films need to flow seamlessly.

I'm expecting B25 to wrap up the Craig Bond era in some significant way tho.

or perhaps not. may be Craig and co will belatedly realise that there's a kind of beauty in each actor just fading into the next without grand finales and send offs.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 29

Wait until it turns to pure fire when they don't do a classic gunbarrel opening!

00Agent wrote: »

You could be right. I think we are reading more into it than the general public does. Not even sure why. After all it was a fairly classic Bond-gets-the-girl ending, for Craig that is

The reason I think this is different, is that they (foolishly in my opinion), played the "love" card with Madeline. And they had Bond leave his job for said love. Having him just back as an MI6 agent with no Madeline at the beginning of the next one will be very jarring to those who've seen Spectre, and I think if they plan on doing that, they'll need some sort of explanation. Even without a wedding/death scene, imagine if OHMSS ended with Bond leaving MI6 with Tracy, and then DAF opened with Bond just back at MI6 without Tracy. That would be weird.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Is all this Whoopi Goldberg stuff because of me? :))

Wait until it turns to pure fire when they don't do a classic gunbarrel opening!

00Agent wrote: »

You could be right. I think we are reading more into it than the general public does. Not even sure why. After all it was a fairly classic Bond-gets-the-girl ending, for Craig that is

The reason I think this is different, is that they (foolishly in my opinion), played the "love" card with Madeline. And they had Bond leave his job for said love. Having him just back as an MI6 agent with no Madeline at the beginning of the next one will be very jarring to those who've seen Spectre, and I think if they plan on doing that, they'll need some sort of explanation. Even without a wedding/death scene, imagine if OHMSS ended with Bond leaving MI6 with Tracy, and then DAF opened with Bond just back at MI6 without Tracy. That would be weird.

no one would have cared.

how many people associate SP with Bond leaving the job?

and if he's back at MI6 at the start of B25 so what? he's back. end of
    Is all this Whoopi Goldberg stuff because of me? :))

Likely my suggestion that she'll play every character including all the extras a couple of pages back (which should be confirmed in a few months, of course).

@Getafix, agreed. It'll be four years since SP, I highly doubt many general audience members will flock to B25 and question what happened to Swann.
    no one would have cared.

how many people associate SP with Bond leaving the job?

and if he's back at MI6 at the start of B25 so what? he's back. end of

You're very right in saying the average movie goer won't care. Hell, at the end of the day I won't even care, I thought the love plot from Spectre wasn't great. It would just be an odd decision on their part I feel. Even if it's a throwaway line during the M briefing or something, I'm willing to bet it will be addressed in some shape or form.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Honestly, what could they have announced really, up until recently? Nothing more than they did last summer. They didn't have a script,

Well, they said they did (re: script), and it was by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.

Overall, you're right. They announced a release date with no distributor, something that wouldn't be announced for 10 months. I get the idea they wanted to call "dibs" on the date, but it played out very odd. I mostly attribute that to MGM (the company that extended its CEO contract, only to fire him a few months later).

Also, I'm guessing last week's announcement wasn't exactly like they planned it. I suspect Deadline: Hollywood had the story so everyone involved had to confirm it. Then they put out the official announcements around 7 am-8 am U.K. time and 1 am-2 am New York time.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    ggl007 wrote: »
    ¡¡DANIEL CRAIG EN ESPAÑA!! https://bit.ly/2IVXJkJ

And what a surprise for everybody. He is filming at the Parador Nacional of Cardona (Barcelona). Apparently the City Hall had announced last week the filming of "a commercial for a very important brand". Today they shot a chase with an old taxi (from the 70's) and a... tractor!

They are sleeping at the amazing Parador (a IX century castle...), where it is expected to film something soon...

Sources say it is 100% a Heineken comercial.

7440861.jpg

daniel-craig-cardona.jpg
    I would've thought Craig was too busy filming B25 in Croatia this month.
    well it seems unlikely Seydoux will make an appearance. why would Boyle waste time wrapping up some tedious loose ends from SP that no one cares about anyway. I don't think they need to reference it in any way at all personally. neither hard-core or casual fans want it.

clean slate. traditional loose continuity. yes this is the same Bond from SP but that doesn't mean the films need to flow seamlessly.

I'm expecting B25 to wrap up the Craig Bond era in some significant way tho.

or perhaps not. may be Craig and co will belatedly realise that there's a kind of beauty in each actor just fading into the next without grand finales and send offs.

I care and many other fans do.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I can deal with Teri Hatcher, Denise Richards, and Halle Berry. Whoopi Goldberg is another story.
    Where the hell did Whoopi get into the discussion?
    Where the hell did Whoopi get into the discussion?

Again, it's a joke I cracked a couple pages back.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    I really hope the press don't annoy Craig for his slash my wrists comment during the promotional tour of bond 25
    I really hope the press don't annoy Craig for his slash my wrists comment during the promotional tour of bond 25

I'm sure they will; seems like most articles can't comment on Bond 25 without bringing up that quote. It's obvious why he said it though so surely those journalists can figure it out without even needing to ask.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm sure they will; seems like most articles can't comment on Bond 25 without bringing up that quote. It's obvious why he said it though so surely those journalists can figure it out without even needing to ask.

I am so SO SOOOO sick of reading that at the start of every single freaking article.