No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If I'm not mistaken, the only credible information to date has been reported by Deadline, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times (which broke Craig's return prior to his Colbert announcement), and Baz Bambigoye.

Everything else from everyone else has been debunked.
    Personally I just feel the Logan angle would feel kind of tiresome after Skyfall and Spectre as we just hit those beats

As I pointed out in my idea for Bond 25 I have no issue with adapting elements of you only live twice and having Gala Brand be the new 007 with Bond as a diplomat (but of course with event unfolding that have Gala retiring at he end and Bond back as 007) with a soft reboot for Bond number 7 ( a mention of Le Chiffre or visiting Swann’s grave or something like that but having those event be a 2 years ago instead of ten)

But even with that said what was being rumored takes my idea out back rapes it and then throws it at me saying see isn’t this what you want...

Though I actually don’t want the title spoiled for me this time around so what does everyone think stop coming to the site after October untill the press conference in December ?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    bondjames wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, the only credible information to date has been reported by Deadline, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times (which broke Craig's return prior to his Colbert announcement), and Baz Bambigoye.

Exactly.
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    CR (...) was grounded, but completely exhilarating and bursting with life and energy.
    Perfectly described. It remains the highlight of this era and I hope they go back to its style with the next film.

With Boyle it is entirely possible. Even though he has a style of his own of course. But he is pretty much known for vibrant and exhilarating movies.

I have been watching all of Boyles movies in the last 2 Month and I came to the conclusion that Boyle may be my favorite director to ever take on Bond. I never cared for any of the other guys BEFORE their Bond gig. With Boyle i love almost his entire filmography.

There are a couple of things i would like to point out, there is definitly some connective tissue in his movies that may be hinting at what he could do with Bond25. What he seems to be mostly drawn to are storys where the main character goes through absolute hell just to come out victorious at the other end, from Trainspotting, Slumdog millionaire, 28 Days Later to Sunshine, 127 Hours (in spades).
    He is a sucker for happy endings with a meaning behind them. I have a strong feeling he will utilize that in B25.

Meneds was completely different, moody, more drawn to slightly nihilistic Material, and it shows in both his films. He liked to dwell in moods, while Boyle comes straight to the point, thats why his movies are relatively short. They could not be more different from one another.

well said. At their heart Boyle's films tell compelling stories while Mendes does atmosphere with narrative bolted on.

I am looking forward to a Bond film with a strong plot at its core - something we haven't really had since CR.

This i agree with.

I remember Mendes's 'Road To Perdition' being all surface and no content.

I think one reviewer at the time described it as a beautiful Mercedes with no engine.

I'll take a good strong story with great dialogue over action and effects any day of the week.

Something i'm hoping Boyle brings to the proceedings.

Mendes made some great films. Road to Perdition is definitely one of them. Fantastic film:-)

I remember being utterly underwhelmed by Road to Perdition. amazing cast but utterly lacking in narrative drive or emotional heft. it was the point at which I began to doubt Mendes. after that I don't think I bothered with any of his films at the cinema.

Boyle is a much more gifted director IMO

To be specific:

May 9, 2017: Bamigboye reports Purvis & Wade signed to write Bond 25. Confirmed July 24, 2017 announcement about release date.

April 3, 2017: New York Post says Craig is coming back.

July 24, 2017: New York Times says Craig is coming back.

Both confirmed by Craig's appearance on Colbert.

Feb. 20, 2018: Variety reports Danny Boye may direct Bond 25.

Feb. 21, 2018: Deadline: Hollywood reports Boyle will direct IF an idea he has submitted and is being written into a script is selected.

March 8, 2018: Bamigboye reports Craig is putting his weight behind having Boyle direct.

March 14, 2018: Boyle confirms in public appearances he's interested in directing Bond 25, everything depends on the script being accepted.

There were earlier stories about Villeneuve being a favorite, etc., and the director did acknowledge having the conversation. The stories even if true didn't work out.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    So, I have a question. We'll only see MGM's logo, and not anyone else's?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So, I have a question. We'll only see MGM's logo, and not anyone else's?
    If I'm not mistaken, those in North America will only see the MGM logo at the start. Those international will see both the MGM and Universal logos.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    So what's the next bit of news could we hear now that Boyle and the distributors have been announced? Plus does anybody know how far along Boyle is with his Beatles film?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Now it'll be sprinkled bits of rumors and confirmations over other crew members, cast members and locations they're scouting to shoot at (with, perhaps, some hints at scenes tossed in for good measure. I believe when Austria was announced as a scouting locale, they hinted at the stunt involving the airplane? Been so long I could be mistaken, though.)

Thought someone mentioned here the other day that he's already done filming the Beatles movie.
  • RC7RC7
    Birdleson wrote: »
    So we don't get hard news on the title until Dec., is that the expectation?

I would expect so. They like to use the title reveal to launch the production.
    Didn't the SP title get leaked just a few days before the last press conference they did for the unveiling? I could've swore we discussed it only a couple of days prior.
    Presumably they'll be hashing out the details of Whoopi Goldberg's character now - I have to imagine that will be the next piece of info we'll get.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    They are shooting at Pinewood according to a recent tweet by them.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Presumably they'll be hashing out the details of Whoopi Goldberg's character now - I have to imagine that will be the next piece of info we'll get.

She's set to appear as every character in the film, including extras.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    She's set to appear as every character in the film, including extras.
    Reminds me of that Jason Statham ad. :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Didn't the SP title get leaked just a few days before the last press conference they did for the unveiling? I could've swore we discussed it only a couple of days prior.
    A member on here with industry connections told us what it was a few days prior.
    Lea Seydoux being linked to SP was also leaked a few months prior, as well as Monica’s involvement exactly a day before the press conference, if I recall.

Javier Bardem’s rumor to being eyed for the villain was first spoken of in March of 2011, if my memory serves me right.
    Lea Seydoux being linked to SP was also leaked a few months prior, as well as Monica’s involvement exactly a day before the press conference, if I recall.

Javier Bardem’s rumor to being eyed for the villain was first spoken of in March of 2011, if my memory serves me right.
    Yep. Both Seydoux's and Waltz' involvement were reported by Bamigboye.
    Probably the next bit of news we will get if I was betting would be location scouting

That's correct.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Sam Smith's involvement also leaked in fall 2014 - I can't remember what month though - and was only confirmed in September, 2015.
    http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/dua-lipa-record-next-james-bond-theme-2315166?source=dam

Looks like dua is playing a Sam Smith here and being very dodgy when it comes to responding to the rumors I'm no fan of her music but she's the most likely candidate if eon are going to pick the most popular british artist at the moment
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Boyle doesn't have much experience with action. 'Trance' has some brief action, other than that I'm not sure.
    As I said I'm glad Armstrong is not involved. Was it not claimed that stunt co-ordinator Greg Powell was to be promoted to second unit director?

Like I said, Bond 25 will be more about character and emotion than about action spectacle.
    Give me an action-driven adventure starring an eyebrow raising but relevant adventurer any day over emotion and so-called character development. Any day of the week, I say. As I speak for myself, give me an era where the standards are the former rather than the latter.

'Yes' to action-driven adventure, or better still a spy thriller. But 'no' to everything thereafter. I'm going to be honest, i'm still concerned about Boyle at the helm of a Bond film. I can't shake the feeling that he will be another Mendes, and go out of his way to put his stamp on the series.
    http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/dua-lipa-record-next-james-bond-theme-2315166?source=dam

Looks like dua is playing a Sam Smith here and being very dodgy when it comes to responding to the rumors I'm no fan of her music but she's the most likely candidate if eon are going to pick the most popular british artist at the moment

Who is Dua Lipa?

Who is Dua Lipa?

Pop singer-songwriter who's most popular hit so far is new rules
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Who is Dua Lipa?

She did the pre-match entertainment for the Champion's League game over this past weekend.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,241

Who is Dua Lipa?

New to me. Haven't heard her name ever mentioned on the radio or on TV here.
    She did the pre-match entertainment for the Champion's League game over this past weekend.

Never watch the CL pre-match entertainment, unfortunately. It's a sports event after all! Guess the Super Bowl way of things is here to stay…

Like I said I am no fan of her music but she's the most likely artist to do it if eon continues their trend for the bond themes
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Just another generic modern pop singer.

I hope Eon is smarter than this.
    I’m actually rooting for an Adele return for the title song. Loved SF’s title track, in addition to the rest of the film.