No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• I’m going to try my absolute best to avoid as many spoilers as possible. Will watch the teaser trailer and try to leave it at that.

It will be torture, but I know I enjoy watching films so much more when I am unspoiled.

I'm going to try that as well , in the run up to spectre i watched every trailer BTS video and tv ad i could find and i ended up feeling like i'd already seen it by the time i walked into the cinema. Im just going to watch the trailer this time and leave it at that. But then again i have no willpower whatsoever so......
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I’m going to try my absolute best to avoid as many spoilers as possible. Will watch the teaser trailer and try to leave it at that.

It will be torture, but I know I enjoy watching films so much more when I am unspoiled.

I'm going to try that as well , in the run up to spectre i watched every trailer BTS video and tv ad i could find and i ended up feeling like i'd already seen it by the time i walked into the cinema. Im just going to watch the trailer this time and leave it at that. But then again i have no willpower whatsoever so......

I did the same and not only did i end up feeling like i'd already seen it, but the movie in my head was infinitly better than the end product. I would like to avoid that this time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    00Agent wrote: »
    I’m going to try my absolute best to avoid as many spoilers as possible. Will watch the teaser trailer and try to leave it at that.

I did the same and not only did i end up feeling like i'd already seen it, but the movie in my head was infinitly better than the end product. I would like to avoid that this time.
    I'm actually going to try and avoid the trailer. The last one didn't do much for me and actually began a deflating feeling which carried over to the final product. The SF trailer on the other hand truly pumped me up for the end product and it delivered and then some.

So far I've been able to avoid the MI:F trailer and feel much better on account of it.

Sometimes these things really do give too much away these days.
    With Skyfall I also tried my best to avoid anything, but ended up going to the set and directing the film. By the time I watched it at the cinema, I also felt I'd already seen it.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    bondjames wrote: »

I'm actually going to try and avoid the trailer. The last one didn't do much for me and actually began a deflating feeling which carried over to the final product. The SF trailer on the other hand truly pumped me up for the end product and it delivered and then some.

So far I've been able to avoid the MI:F trailer and feel much better on account of it.

Unfortunately yes. Also i hate the practice of cutting scenes into the trailer that are not even in the final movie.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Also Boyle better have a gunbarrel at the start.

Absolutely. Do NOT mess with the GB
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    =bg= wrote: »

His grand idea: To have the whole film play out in the gun barrel.

His grand idea: To have the whole film play out in the gun barrel.
    That'll do something about those complaints that the gunbarrel has been getting shorter and shorter.

If he manages to do this properly, he's already better than Mendes in my opinion…
    bondjames wrote: »

Unfortunately yes. Also i hate the practice of cutting scenes into the trailer that are not even in the final movie.

I understand that things can get cut in the editing process, but I am not a fan of adding scenes to a trailer that specifically will not be in the movie and they know it.
    ... and often real good ycdnes, too.

Great Temime is out, was waiting for that. Now lets get Lindy back.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 1,469
    Does anyone know if screenwriter John Hodge is a Bond fan? I know his Trainspotting adaptation mentions Bond films and characters in several places. A quick look on the internet didn't turn up any previous Hodge comments about Bond or Fleming, but I'm sure we'll get some now. I always look to the screenwriter, but it sounds like it's mainly Boyle's idea for the film, and the two men are longtime partners of course. It sounds promising.

Okay, here's a quote from Boyle I just found, from March:

"We've got an idea. John Hodge, the screenwriter, and I have got this idea, and John is writing it at the moment." Again, promising, that Hodge may've shared in the plot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Does anyone know if screenwriter John Hodge is a Bond fan? I know his Trainspotting adaptation mentions Bond films and characters in several places. A quick look on the internet didn't turn up any previous Hodge comments about Bond or Fleming, but I'm sure we'll get some now. I always look to the screenwriter, but it sounds like it's mainly Boyle's idea for the film, and the two men are longtime partners of course. It sounds promising.

Judging by the dialogue in Trainspotting, I would guess he is.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    ... and often real good ycdnes, too.

Great Temime is out, was waiting for that. Now lets get Lindy back.

I don't think Temime was that bad. I loved the Bondgirls dresses. Especially Severine's. I wasn't fond of Craig's tight suits though.

Indeed. Let's hope he shows the common sense not to mess with the iconic image and music. It will be a first for the Craig era.

If he can accomplish this (which the majority of Bonds pre-Craig did without a hitch), then I promise I won't whine (too much) if he actually does want Bond to mentor some young agent in the field.
    Bounine wrote: »
    Just heard this confirmation of Danny Boyle directing on the radio. If these script rumors are true, it’s hard to muster any excitement for the film, what with a supposed protege and a villain having yet another personal connection to Bond.

I wouldn’t worry at all about those rumors considering the same source claimed Warner Bros. would be the international distributor.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Its a transition film, and we really should have seen this coming. EON are so goddamned sneaky, they're at it again!

DAF cranks up the camp factor, as preparation for a more comedic take after Connery.

AVTAK notches up the violence and edge in advance of Timmy's gruesome twosome.

DAD plants the seed of a broken Bond before Craig takes the idea and runs with it.

As we know, the pendulum swings from one side to the other. So who does one inject the kinetic, snappy Bond whilst maintaining the "have something to say" ethos of the Craig era. Danny Boyle is the perfect man for the job, on paper at least.

Such an obvious fit we really should have seen it coming.

I'm really looking forward to what comes next after Craig, and the next dawn of Bond when things will be truly fresh, breaking the seal on a new era etc... But they are being very art about how they freshen things up here, to get the best out of what's left of Craig's time in the role.
    I wonder who Boyle is going to bring on to compose the score? All I ask it’s someone different than Newman and Arnold

Ramin Djawadi would be awesome

Though I’m still pretty sure this is Craig’s last, I did find it interesting that the statements only said it would be Craig’s 5th, and made no mention of it being his last. Just leaving the door open in case?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,368
    At the rate these are churned out, there's no way he's sticking around to do a sixth. I doubt the difference between "fifth" and "last" in an article is a hint that he'll do a sixth installment.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Though I’m still pretty sure this is Craig’s last, I did find it interesting that the statements only said it would be Craig’s 5th, and made no mention of it being his last. Just leaving the door open in case?

I prefer it that way. 5th outing sounds far better to me than final outing.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    At the rate these are churned out, there's no way he's sticking around to do a sixth. I doubt the difference between "fifth" and "last" in an article is a hint that he'll do a sixth installment.

Fans getting carried away with themselves.
    Like I said, I also think it’s his last, but I bet the purpose was to leave the door open for a potential DAF-like return like Connery had perhaps? Though I think most of us can agree we are ready for the next era after 25, I bet they are having trouble finding a good followup to Craig.
    Hopefully they accept it's his last installment sooner rather than later so they can begin the process of finding the next Bond as soon as possible. No sense in waiting a year or more after B25 to begin the process, as it'll just take that much longer to get production going. It'd be nice if B25 is a massive success at the box office and that helps get the search kickstarted.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Here's a plan. Rather than trying to predict whether it's his last, fifth, mid-installment whatever, just anticipate the film, enjoy it when it comes out, and leave the rest for fate and let time do the telling whether it's Craig or not. You'll only work yourself up if you try to think further what you'll never know till they tell you.
    Yes, I want B26 to make the 60th anniversary. Please no back2back 4 year waits.
    Hopefully they accept it's his last installment sooner rather than later so they can begin the process of finding the next Bond as soon as possible. No sense in waiting a year or more after B25 to begin the process, as it'll just take that much longer to get production going. It'd be nice if B25 is a massive success at the box office and that helps get the search kickstarted.

They’ll all have to have their usual long rest.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,368
    Here's a plan. Rather than trying to predict whether it's his last, fifth, mid-installment whatever, just anticipate the film, enjoy it when it comes out, and leave the rest for fate and let time do the telling whether it's Craig or not. You'll only work yourself up if you try to think further what you'll never know till they tell you.

Again: what harm is there in discussing what the future may hold? There's not one person getting worked up over it. Expressing our hopes for what it (and B25) may hold, that's it. It's just odd to me seeing comments like this when we're 1,551 pages into discussing a film that we just got our second big confirmation on.

Indeed. I hope B25 rejuvenates EON, and that Universal is up for getting a release date for B26 established so the hunt can begin sooner than later.
    If we have to wait as long for 26 as we did 25, it at least better be the next actor(s) by then.