No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Universal. Home of Abbott and Costello, the Universal classic monsters, Dragnet, Leave it To Beaver and now Bond.

I'm just thrilled to see big movement finally. And a confirmation for December shooting!!! This is very exciting.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    Universal Exports meets Universal Studios. ;)

I want a Bond themed ride at Universal Studios!

Me too!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 15,785
    At least we can lay our fears of an extra year or two delay to rest.
    Looks like B25 is set to roll.
    Full steam ahead!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Looks like B25 is set to roll.
    326092-aston_martin_db5.gif

Boom! Confirmed! I hope everyone has a good night's sleep tonight
    So happy things are confirmed at last to be moving ahead. Glad Boyle and his idea worked out, too. Excited to see what he will do.
    I'm happy enough I doubt I'll get much sleep right away.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Glad that what we already knew has now officially be confirmed. I'm really excited with universal being the WW distributor and seeing Boyle and Hodge's names attached...gives us something new and exciting to look forward to; especially Boyle directing. I'm starting to get CR/QoS era levels of excitement.

Now over the next 6 to 7 months we'll get casting news and a possible synopsis of what this film's going to be about. I just pray it's not lame and for crying out loud London/UK should only be used for the briefvscenes involving Bond getting his assignment!
    Looks like the scoop we were waiting for checked out: Release date, production start date, distributor announcement, and Boyle/Hodge confirmed.

While it's great to get so much solid news finally, Annapurna strikes me as maybe too small an outfit to handle such a huge film as Bond. But then again, I trust EON knows what they're doing. Plus, since Annapurna is one of the few film companies to also have its own gaming division, maybe this means we're a step closer to getting another Bond video game.

It's not Annapurna, per se. It's the joint venture that MGM set up with Annapurna to distribute each other's movies in the U.S. Annapurna's loto may or may not appear on the film. The first movie released under the joint venture, the Death Wish remake, I believe only had an MGM logo.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Universal. Home of Abbott and Costello, the Universal classic monsters, Dragnet, Leave it To Beaver and now Bond.

Also Magnum, PI, Columbo, McCloud, Quincy and Kojak while we're at it. :-)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I haven’t read the whole article, but did Universal take that one-picture deal? Or is it an open contract?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Universal logo at the start of the film, that will be different.

Great news, finally!
    I haven’t read the whole article, but did Universal take that one-picture deal? Or is it an open contract?

It is not specified. Only Bond 25 is mentioned
  • RC7RC7
    It’s been funny watching the circus. Right, @peter?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great, finally some news with property. Waiting for the official confirmation from EON now. Maybe later today?
    Perhaps we will get our big cast/title press conference in November?
    Great, finally some news with property. Waiting for the official confirmation from EON now. Maybe later today?

They were officially quoted in the Deadline article so it's possible that that IS the official announcement. However, I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of update on 007.com
    That's what I'm talking about. By official confirmation I mean an official press release posted on 007.com ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,000
    Craig can now say he is indeed “doing Danny Boyle... Danny Boyle Bond???” Haha
    Hell yeah!!!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 3,164
    Universal logo at the start of the film, that will be different.

Great news, finally!

Only on the international version. US one should have just MGM and launch into the gunbarrelm

Anyway YES, about damn time
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    October 25th 2019 UK release date.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,157
    CashleyPersia recently said Warner would distribute. Thank God he was wrong (like I've been saying for months), meaning the Bond's understudy stuff he talked about won't happen either.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Walecs wrote: »
    CashleyPersia recently said Warner would distribute. Thank God he was wrong (like I've been saying for months), meaning the Bond's understudy stuff he talked about won't happen either.
    I sincerely hope so.
    Cash credibility then = useless.
    Couple of questions:
    1. For someone who don't follow the whole studio thing, is 'Universal Pictures to partner on the worldwide release', as the statement says, the best solution, thinking about the other studios that might have got it instead?
    2. With John Hodge confirmed as the screenwriter, that rules out the previous involvement of Purvis and Wade writing the script, right? Think they will have to pay the duo for the work the might have put down already?