No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    What scoop is Ozzy going to drop? That's what I want to know!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Danny Boyle is doing a talk next Tuesday in Liverpool....

Dd9ZVfdVAAA44Gu.jpg:large

Is Bond confirmation coming......

Also Baz is going to release a new article tonight. I feel something in my bones that something is coming tonight?

Oh god let's hope so and let's hope that this talk will be to danny boyle as Stephen Colbert was to daniel craig!
    bondjames wrote: »

That's true! He must have some good stories to tell, at least!
    If baz is going to drop anything about bond 25 tonight I bet it will be on distribution
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If baz is going to drop anything about bond 25 tonight I bet it will be on distribution
    Better than nothing, I suppose.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Doing the next Bond theme? That would be great.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Boyle isn’t going to reveal anything new yet, people. I still think we have a few more months to wait before we get anything close to confirmation. Hopefully, then, news will drop like rapid fire.
    The only question Boyle should be asked related to Bond:

"When will we find out for sure whether you will or will not direct Bond 25?"

All other Bond related questions are pretty pointless at this point.

That actually would make sense cause everytime he was asked if he was directing he always responded with he was working on the script with john hodge
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We were told back in March that everything was going to be decided upon in two months, considering John Hodge was going to complete the script/first draft/passable draft by May.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 15,785

One question I'd like Boyle to be asked is:

"Would you please set a precedent in the Daniel Craig era by actually NOT f**king up the gun-barrel?"
    Hey guys, have you heard they're considering Whoopi Goldberg for B25?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Hey guys, have you heard they're considering Whoopi Goldberg for B25?
    Based on Mr. Dalton's recommendation, no doubt.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Doing the next Bond theme? That would be great.
    [Craig voice:]. Of course! Mr. O!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I forget who was the owner/CEO during the Brosnan era, but those were the days.
    Once GoldenEye was released, they made damn sure we got a new film every two years.

It was Kirk Kerkorian (a former MGM owner who resurfaced in the 1990s).

Of course!!! Kerkorian! (spoken in my best Daniel Craig voice).

Purses lips and nods head

<looks in refrigerator>
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I love Dalton but I definitely lost a little respect for him upon learning about his relationship with Whoopi. Lol
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Indeed. He's no Desmond but I do hope he gets to stay through the next few eras and grow with the series. Wouldn't mind seeing a much older Whishaw still in the role in a couple of decades.
    Yeah!!!!! Love Whishaw as Q. Obviously no one tops Desmond, but Whishaw makes it his own. Now let's get this show on the road.

Yeah I've said this a lot but I hope Wishaw stays for as long as he can, reboot or not. He's great.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Indeed. He's no Desmond but I do hope he gets to stay through the next few eras and grow with the series. Wouldn't mind seeing a much older Whishaw still in the role in a couple of decades.
    Yeah!!!!! Love Whishaw as Q. Obviously no one tops Desmond, but Whishaw makes it his own. Now let's get this show on the road.

Yeah I've said this a lot but I hope Wishaw stays for as long as he can, reboot or not. He's great.

He’ll do it for the next 50 years, I imagine.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2018 Posts: 1,756
    That article is BIG if true.

It confirms both Universal and Boyle via Wilson and Broccoli themselves.
    Also confirms a December 3rd start date for filming.
  • OperationTroveOperationTrove Los Angeles
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3
    Looks like the scoop we were waiting for checked out: Release date, production start date, distributor announcement, and Boyle/Hodge confirmed.

While it's great to get so much solid news finally, Annapurna strikes me as maybe too small an outfit to handle such a huge film as Bond. But then again, I trust EON knows what they're doing. Plus, since Annapurna is one of the few film companies to also have its own gaming division, maybe this means we're a step closer to getting another Bond video game.
    I am damn happy about this. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I had a feeling Universal would get this instead of Sony or Warner. Great news as far as I'm concerned.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Yep, Universal is in for int'l distribution. Very happy to have Boyle and date of release. So here go onward now ... yes!! http://deadline.com/2018/05/james-bond-25-universal-pictures-international-mgm-annapurna-daniel-craig-danny-boyle-john-hodge-1202397905/
    What do we know about Hodge? Confirmed it's his script (with Boyle's ideas). If already discussed, just give me the page # in the thread to read about him, please. Screenwriter so incredibly important.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Universal Exports meets Universal Studios. ;)
    edited May 2018 Posts: 12,459
    I looked briedly on internet for facts on Hodge but I'd like your opinions. I am not familiar with the films he has scripted.

And here is a quote from the article:

Wilson and Broccoli commented, “We are delighted to announce that the exceptionally talented Danny Boyle will be directing Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as James Bond in the 25th installment of the franchise. We will begin shooting Bond 25 at Pinewood Studios in December with our partners at MGM and thrilled that Universal will be our international distributor.”

“Under the leadership of Michael and Barbara, we couldn’t be more thrilled than to bring the next 007 adventure to the big screen uniting the incomparable Daniel Craig with the extraordinary vision of Danny Boyle,” said Ulrich. Glickman added, “It has been 16 years since Tomorrow Never Dies was distributed by MGM and it’s incredibly gratifying to be releasing this film alongside the powerhouse team at Universal.”

“Universal is extremely proud to collaborate with Michael, Barbara and MGM on the international marketing and distribution of Bond 25,” said Langley. “The unparalleled combination of Danny’s innovative filmmaking and Daniel’s embodiment of 007 ensured we simply had to be partners in the next chapter of this iconic series.”
    Wow. Huge news. Awesome.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Universal Exports meets Universal Studios. ;)

I want a Bond themed ride at Universal Studios!