Jet Li - Discuss his life and career

QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,812
As a fan Jet Li's, I wanted to have a discussion with fellow fans but wasn't sure what thread to talk about him in. I figured it's high time that the man deserves his own thread.

Jet Li has always been an action hero of mine. The first film I ever saw him in was in Lethal Weapon 4 as the villain but the first time I saw him as the hero was in The One. I was an instant fan and I always look forward to his next project. Post pics, videos, interviews, and anything else involving the man here.

7mhRWa1T.jpg

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I was very sad to see him like this these days...

jet-li-photos-spark-health-concerns.jpg

But his manager responds to the viral photo:

http://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/05/22/18/hes-in-great-shape-manager-dismisses-concerns-over-jet-lis-health
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    @marketto007 I was as well. It was actually the thing that inspired me to make this thread. I just didn't want to put such sad news in the initial post. However it is good to know, even though he doesn't look well for his age, that he is doing well. Still though, it's heartbreaking to see an icon such a state. It could be just that one pic though. The glasses and the shadows it could be making him look worse than he actually is.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's definitely that one pic; the lighting and angle make him look like he's in makeup almost. Someone shared a pic elsewhere (can't find it now) that does show him looking a little bit older/more frail, but nowhere near as bad as that image, thankfully. Love Jet Li, his films have always been enjoyed by me since I was a kid. Such a badass.
    @Creasy47 that's good to hear! Li has been on my mind for a decent amount of the day. He posted a brief video back in December wishing everyone a happy new year. He actually looks well and like a guy in his mid 50's.

I was just worried he had such a drastic change in appearance in the last six months.
    That was my fear too @QsAssistant; his health issues could've taken a serious downturn in the last half portion of the year, but I hope not. That picture someone provided seemed to be of him at a speaking event in the last couple of weeks, where he looked about the same as he did in that video.
    Isn’t he made up there for his appearance as the Emperor in Mulan?

Favorite Jet Li quote (from Expendables)
    (Li) ‘I would have win’d!’

(Stallone) ‘I know you woulda win’d’
    :))
    Isn’t he made up there for his appearance as the Emperor in Mulan?

Have they even started filming that yet? I know it releases sometime in 2020.
    Was reading into his manager's comments again and he said his hypothyroidism isn't life threatening, thankfully. Hoping to see Li in films for a long time still!

@QsAssistant, it's not filming yet.