James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Bounine wrote:
    Do you think the current blue ray covers are naff? I do. Terrible.

Yea totally, I think some of the ones created on these forums are superb and would be alot nicer in comparison, they need to be individual and interesting to look at yet be able to sit and look good as a collection, none of this crappy bland golden gun barrel taking up most of the cover
    "...none of this crappy bland golden gun barrel taking up most of the cover."

Yeah, one wonders what goes through their heads sometimes. Those blue ray covers seem to exude pure laziness. Either that or a lack of creativity.

Does anyone know if the blu ray set will come with triple play (dvd, blu ray, digital copy)?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The second version of the UEs cover is also quite so dull With over photoshopped actors in the front.
    The photoshopped George Lazenby ones are the ones that get me. It looks like they pulled a frame out of the movie, then put an airbrush to his face for seventeen hours.

Because, they did. Terrible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The photoshopped George Lazenby ones are the ones that get me. It looks like they pulled a frame out of the movie, then put an airbrush to his face for seventeen hours.

Because, they did. Terrible.

WOW. I just googled the cover for the UE of OHMSS and holy shite. The picture of Laz looks like a painting of his wax figure. :-S
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You think that is bad. Feast your eyes on this lot:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/dvd/index_ue_2008.php3
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

I have the FRWL and GF dvds from that pack. Not stunning, but not bad either.
    Dalton´s face on the TLD BR could have been so much better!
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Films 4, 5, 6 and 15 are the real duds of that collection.

For On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Lazenby's head is stuck onto Brosnan's Tomorrow Never Dies body!
    Why is Connery´s face reversed on the YOLT cover? And Moore looks strange on TMWTGG.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What I've really been craving is GE on blu-ray, and perhaps a look (finally) at the alternate ending for QoS.

@Bounine, I received the CR Deluxe Edition for Christmas a few years ago, and it was most certainly worth the purchase. All of the special features were great, and up until about a year ago, I hadn't even checked out the Special Features. Was really nice seeing the extended opening and the alternate scenes with Vesper.
    Samuel001 wrote:

For On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Lazenby's head is stuck onto Brosnan's Tomorrow Never Dies body!

YOU ARE JOKING! THESE ARE SOOO BAD! My FRWL DVD looks fine, but Connery on GF looks creepy.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 2,594
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What I've really been craving is GE on blu-ray, and perhaps a look (finally) at the alternate ending for QoS.

@Bounine, I received the CR Deluxe Edition for Christmas a few years ago, and it was most certainly worth the purchase. All of the special features were great, and up until about a year ago, I hadn't even checked out the Special Features. Was really nice seeing the extended opening and the alternate scenes with Vesper.

I was thinking about buying this deluxe edition from Amazon but since I'll be getting the 50th Anniversary Blue Ray collection I decided against it. I presume the blue ray version of CR will have all the same features. I love the deleted scenes. I watched them on You Tube and I wish they had have been included in the film.

Mmm, I 'd love to see the alternate ending to QOS.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 2,594
    Samuel001 wrote:

Damn, there even worst than the current blue ray ones! Shameful.

Happy Easter everyone!
    Samuel001 wrote:

Tim's face on TLD cover...lord have mercy.

SJK91 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Tim's face on TLD cover...lord have mercy.

Indeed. On the GE cover Izabella isn't even recognizable, and Sean has a stitched on right arm!
    I believe this photo is the flipped picture of Sean on the YOLT cover. Photoshopped with a gun of course, and the hair changed a bit.
    51.jpg
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I think the new blu rays would be cool with the films theatrical poster as the cover :)
    Samuel001 wrote:

YOU ARE JOKING! THESE ARE SOOO BAD! My FRWL DVD looks fine, but Connery on GF looks creepy.

Wow, what poor quality! I have the FRWL DVD of this set, but thankfully that's it! What in the world were they thinking? The girls standing in the background don't even look close to their actual representations in the movie for the most part! I mean really, look at Domino, Holly Goodhead, and Natalya for starters!
    The overall design too is just so dull and boring.
    Most of the Bond girls profiles aren't even theirs from the film, but look to be random shots of them from other work. Whoever designed these things needs to be quartered and roasted.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    even my uninspired bluray covers weren't that bad lol.
    HASEROT wrote:
    even my uninspired bluray covers weren't that bad lol.

I think the work we've all done here is better than what we'll get. @TheWizardOfIce had the great idea to print them with a fashionable, finished look and use those as the covers.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited April 2012 Posts: 1,182
    There is a new page on 007.com featuring the retailers you can pre-order BOND 50 from by country.
    Click here.
    We better get some new information on the Blu-ray set soon. Like cover art and all that goes with it. New menu designs maybe?

Please don't make us wait unil September for this, EON.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think it's very cool that the box set leaves a slot for Skyfall on blu-ray in 2013, but eventually, there will be a 23-film box set, 24-film box set, etc.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think it's very cool that the box set leaves a slot for Skyfall on blu-ray in 2013 [...]
    It does?
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    gt007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think it's very cool that the box set leaves a slot for Skyfall on blu-ray in 2013 [...]
    It does?

It says so for the US description of the product. Nothing for other regions yet.
    @#%^ the thoughts just occurred to me!

I'm in NZ (Blue ray region 2) and I ordered through amazon (region 1). I know some studios don't region lock! Will mine work?!?!?!?