007 Nightfire Appreciation

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I got / played All Bond games except for Agent Under Fire. Bloodstone i've played it, but deleted from PC to get some space. Nightfire still here.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I love bloodstone, i loved the chase sequence with bond pursuing an assassin I think in china? .
    I don't own it anymore but I may well have to purchase it again to satisfy my needs for a Daniel Craig bond adventure before skyfall.
    Nightfire's multiplayer is the greatest multiplayer I've ever played in my entire life, there's just so much to get involved in! A friend of mine was playing it with me today, and he kept getting mad because he couldn't learn the controls and was more used to Call of Duty, and he asked if your health reginerated, to which I replied that this was old school, it's survive or die! He quit after one game after seeing how it wasn't like Call of Duty and that I moved through the map quickly killing more enemies than he did, and simply told him that I've been playing this game for years and that once you play for a while, Nightfire just stays with you!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    00Beast wrote:
    Nightfire's multiplayer is the greatest multiplayer I've ever played in my entire life, there's just so much to get involved in! A friend of mine was playing it with me today, and he kept getting mad because he couldn't learn the controls and was more used to Call of Duty, and he asked if your health reginerated, to which I replied that this was old school, it's survive or die! He quit after one game after seeing how it wasn't like Call of Duty and that I moved through the map quickly killing more enemies than he did, and simply told him that I've been playing this game for years and that once you play for a while, Nightfire just stays with you!

Yeah, the Nigtfire multiplayer was just great. I always played as Oddjob in the 4 player games, I let my friends fight it out, then once only one was left, I'd sneak up and hit him with the bowler hat of death. My secret to beating my friends was getting a tiny bit drunk before we played. Not sure why, but I always won that way. It was like some sort of freaky superpower :)

I miss Nightfire. They really need to re-release it.
    00Beast wrote:

Yeah, the Nigtfire multiplayer was just great. I always played as Oddjob, then when my friend wasn't expecting it I'd use the hat. My secret to beating my friends was getting a tiny bit drunk before we played. Not sure why, but I always won that way. It was like some sort of freaky superpower :)

I miss Nightfire. They really need to re-release it.

I'd love that! In fact, come this November, it'll be Nightfire's tenth anniversary!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Christ, that game felt 10 years old 9 years ago when I first played it.
    The first mission is my favorite, and the multiplayer is still better than every other Bond game I´ve played.
    The first mission is my favorite, and the multiplayer is still better than every other Bond game I´ve played.

Yes sir, the multiplayer is by far the greatest in the history of Bond games, no doubt there! As for Paris Prelude, it might be my least favorite level in the game. It's far too short and sometimes the sniping gets to be a pain. Still though, it is Nightfire, so it automatically beats out any other game level!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The NF's multi is the greatest ever. I'm a Forever Alone so i can play Me versus Bots, lol
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    The NF's multi is the greatest ever. I'm a Forever Alone so i can play Me versus Bots, lol

Same here! Such a shame that other Bond multiplayer did away with bots.
    00Beast wrote:

Yes sir, the multiplayer is by far the greatest in the history of Bond games, no doubt there! As for Paris Prelude, it might be my least favorite level in the game. It's far too short and sometimes the sniping gets to be a pain. Still though, it is Nightfire, so it automatically beats out any other game level!

Sorry, I meant the first after the prelude. I forgot about that one. My favorite is the one inside and outside Drake´s castle in Austria.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I like the stealth of Night Shift (I'm pretty sure that's its name).
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    I like the stealth of Night Shift (I'm pretty sure that's its name).

That´s right. Bond is sneaking around and is shooting guards with a tranquilizer gun.
    But I also love sneaking around the castle and shooting headshots with the PPK, or was it P99? I think it is the PPK.
    It's the PPK. The P99 is in the game, but his primary weapon is the PPK (of course, they go by the names PP7=PPK and P2K=P99)
    My favourite nightfire level is either the one where you escape the skyscraper, or the Austria level at the castle. I also like the Paris car chase, but the sniping annoyed me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    - The Exchange
    - Enemies Vanquished
    - Night Shift
    - Deep Descent
    - The Countdown*
    - Equinox**

* It's quite a long mission, but it's worth playing to see the cutsene at the end of the mission, where Bond turns the tables on Kiko)

** Even though it's an absolute swine to complete on 00 Agent)

- The Countdown*

* It's quite a long mission, but it's worth playing to see the cutsene at the end of the mission, where Bond turns the tables on Kiko*

I'm in my way to try to end this mission with full health. lol

Favorite Levels:
    -The Exchange (practically my first Bond experience ever, a true legend!)
    -Enemies Vanquished (great vehicle level which rivals the driving of Blood Stone)
    -Double Cross (action-packed, shoot-'em-up fun!)
    -Chain Reaction (the sniping is very cool)
    -Phoenix Fire (reminds me of Die Hard 1, loads of fun!)
    -Countdown (fighting Rook is a blast, and Kiko's death at the end is a Bond classic!)
    00Beast wrote:
    Favorite Levels:

Snipe the guys without being shot at 00 agent is so easy :D
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Favorite Levels:

Agreed, you really just have to make quick shots, and it's very simple. They practically give you plenty of time to line up your scope on their body anyway!
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Favorite Levels:

Agreed, you really just have to make quick shots, and it's very simple. They practically give you plenty of time to line up your scope on their body anyway!

There was some times i got shot by them... *Okay face*
    Yeah, Chain Reaction's one of my favorite levels too, and I'm a sniper hater.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:

- The Countdown*

* It's quite a long mission, but it's worth playing to see the cutsene at the end of the mission, where Bond turns the tables on Kiko*

I'm in my way to try to end this mission with full health. lol

Good luck, I never managed to do that.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Would you believe I've owned this game since it came out and never touched the multiplayer?? I had no idea about these 'bots'! I will definitely try that later today!
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Would you believe I've owned this game since it came out and never touched the multiplayer?? I had no idea about these 'bots'! I will definitely try that later today!

Bots can always be fun. As for NF's multiplayer, I've only played it twice. I was never a big multiplayer fan (after GE64's multiplayer blew me away and nothing came close). I did enjoy myself, but I just don't play it.
    My friend and I one time decided to play Ravine in a one-on-one match, both playing as Oddjob. Our goal was to only use Oddjob's bowler hat in a death-match consisting of across-the-map hat kills Man, that was so much fun! You won't believe what kind of trick throws we were mastering by the end of the day!
    00Beast wrote:
    My friend and I one time decided to play Ravine in a one-on-one match, both playing as Oddjob. Our goal was to only use Oddjob's bowler hat in a death-match consisting of across-the-map hat kills Man, that was so much fun! You won't believe what kind of trick throws we were mastering by the end of the day!

HAHAHA, I'd imagine that! LOL
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Even better was the time when the same friend and I years back were playing, again, Ravine, and he was Rook and I was Bond. The two of us are evenly matched in sniping skills, but for this particular kill, he was hiding behind those skylights on top of the Ravine cable car building. I spotted the very tip-top of Rook's chrome-dome bald head and took him out with one sniper shot! We both laughed so hard!
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Even better was the time when the same friend and I years back were playing, again, Ravine, and he was Rook and I was Bond. The two of us are evenly matched in sniping skills, but for this particular kill, he was hiding behind those skylights on top of the Ravine cable car building. I spotted the very tip-top of Rook's chrome-dome bald head and took him out with one sniper shot! We both laughed so hard!

ROFL!! it's a pity that Ravine's not allowed to be played alone. :/
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

ROFL!! it's a pity that Ravine's not allowed to be played alone. :/

I know, you could have an epic battle with the bots on Ravine!