Any non-Bond film.....Comments while you watch...

Comments

Brando!

This film was ahead of it's time in taking liberties with some of the characters. I believe Jor-El wore green with a yellow emblem on his chest.

George Lazenby looked good in the Brando costume years later.
    It holds up well. My favorite superhero film.
    I always liked Glenn Ford. A favorite noir actor.

He kind of has a Daniel Craig haircut.
    I wonder what it would have been like if Reeve had just played the young Clark Kent instead of Jeff East? At 24, he probably could have, and been made to look like a high school senior.
    Clark is taking a jog.

Ah NOEL NEILL!!!
    I like that Smallville is WAY out in the middle of nowhere.
    Pa Kent dies..............

DAD!

Compared to the tornado CGI bulls**t in MAN OF STEEL, in which Kevin Costner kicks the bucket, this scene is genuinely moving.
    Perhaps the simplicity of him having a heart attack? Makes the situation more relate-able.
    George Reeves' Superman ate KELLOGG"S FROSTED FLAKES, whereas Christopher Reeve's Superman (or technically Jeff East) was a CHEERIO'S guy.
    I should find a red/black plaid wool jacket like Clark's here.
    Brando wore one in ON THE WATERFRONT, Bogie in THE DESPERATE HOURS, and Rocky, the trucker bully in SUPERMAN II had one.

Jeff East looks stylish.
    I love the Fortress of Solitude set.
    I find the outer space imagery here quite convincing. I remember seeing the CGI title sequence homage in SUPERMAN RETURNS and feeling it looked too digital.
    47 minutes in and there he is.............

CHRISTOPHER REEVE!!!

Great shot flying towards the camera.
    I think t hat might have been on the 007 Stage. Not sure.
    Sad to think Marc McClure is the only Daily Planet regular now still with us.

Solid Jimmy Olsen.
    Chris Reeve's Clark has to sit and type in an open space work area where George Reeves had his own office.
    Reeve's Clark has the worst luck. First day on the job he gets mugged. First day being human gets beaten up.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 15,785
    CLAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!

I wonder if Tanya Robert's watched this film before shooting AVTAK?
    What's his name from TSWLM who never saw a Major taking a shower before.

He gets killed here.
    No one gives Clark any respect.

Helicopter scene!!!

I love the Daily News Building.
    SAY, JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a BAD OUT FIT!
    That revolving door is now demolished sadly.
    Controversial opinion:

Every Superman after Reeve has paled in comparison.

Although many love Cavill so much that they want him to be Bond, I'm fairly indifferent to his version.

My personal favorite of all is George Reeves, though Chris is definitive.
    I vividly remember the weekend my folks took me to see SUPERMAN.

We loved it so much we took my grandmother to see it the next night. She made me a little cape afterwards. Deep red shiny fabric. Wish I knew what kind of fabric that was as it wasn't satin, but had a shine to it. The emblem was a two tone red/yellow felt \S/ similar to George Reeves'.

My Dad made the rest of the outfit the next day. I vividly remember him taking me to the fabric store to find the right color tights, red and yellow felt for the emblem. The yellow belt he sewed onto the trunks actually looked a bit more like George Reeve's belt. The boots were red rain boots. Kind of hard to run around in.

My Grandmother made me a couple extra capes a few weeks later, with all yellow emblems on the back like Chris'. That perfect blue shirt got worn out quickly. In fact I believe my three year old hands got a black magic marker on the \S/ and ruined it.
    Didn't matter really, there were tons of Superman emblem t-shirts around back then.
    The legendary Gene Hackman.

Otis is a pretty goofy henchman.
    Watching

FRIGHT NIGHT (1985)

One of my favorite '80's horror comedies.
    The iconic scene..........

William Ragsdale gets what looks like a sloppy joe pushed in his face..........

OOOH YOU"RE SO COOL, BREWSTER!!!
    Chris Sarandon has a cool blue leather overcoat.
    I saw this in the cinema in 1985. The audience screamed in several scenes and roared with laughter in others.

Sarandon attacks Ragsdale in his room. Great scene.