"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
edited April 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,329
thought id create a thread about the greater things in life so not to annoy all you other bond fans ,
seems like many a thread i keep tarnishing with the LFC / Partridge brush so for any of you other burks out there,
heres the thread for you :D
any bond talk welcome too :)

Comments

Seems to be alot of Liverpool fans on here. I'm a West Ham fan myself. Everyone else???
    A redundant thread as there is already such a thread and it recognizes that there are more clubs than Liverpool

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1307/the-football-aka-soccer-thread-20112012-season#Item_22
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Here's one football thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/73169

I'm sure there is another.

EDIT: There is! Hats off to @SaintMark.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    SaintMark wrote:
    A redundant thread as there is already such a thread and it recognizes that there are more clubs than Liverpool

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1307/the-football-aka-soccer-thread-20112012-season#Item_22

if you read my thread heading, you can clearly see it says football AND liverpool fc AND alan partridge , so why not a bit of football chitchat thrown in with some partidge now and again? do you slow down for car crashes?

Seems to be alot of Liverpool fans on here. I'm a West Ham fan myself. Everyone else???

used to live round the corner from kev nolan mate! lol great footballler
    DCisared wrote:

LUCKY!!! :)

DCisared wrote:

what are your feelings about big sam fella? i hear there are whimperings of discontent in amongst some hammers fans about the football his team is playing?
    DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

what are your feelings about big sam fella? i hear there are whimperings of discontent in amongst some hammers fans about the football his team is playing?

Not a huge fan of him or his play style. The thing is, he's really stubborn. He won't admit when he's doing things wrong.
    I don't get the combination. Football and Alan Partridge. The only relation between the two that I can remember is when Alan said "Back of the net!".
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Anyone who is a fan of Bond, football and Partridge would seem to be an all round good egg to me.
    Any bloke on this thread has to be a man you know you could go for a pint with.

Mines a tin of Directors - or maybe a Ladyboy.
    You wanna talk football? Well, the god of fotball is Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I think AC Milan will destroy Barca with 17-6 in the Camp Nou.
    You wanna talk football? Well, the god of fotball is Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I think AC Milan will destroy Barca with 17-6 in the Camp Nou.

Glad you have a sense of humor.

No seriously, I´m gonna bet all my earning on that result. ;)
    The proof that 007RogerMoore is a wind up merchant. Zlatan is just an expensive Nicklas Bendtner.
    DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Not a huge fan of him or his play style. The thing is, he's really stubborn. He won't admit when he's doing things wrong.

I must be honest I think the man is a massive nob after the time when he accused rafa of being dirispectful to his Blackburn side(when he wasnt at all)

Dr_Metz wrote:
    I don't get the combination. Football and Alan Partridge. The only relation between the two that I can remember is when Alan said "Back of the net!".

Check out his commentary on the '94 world cup!
    Anyone who is a fan of Bond, football and Partridge would seem to be an all round good egg to me.
    Any bloke on this thread has to be a man you know you could go for a pint with.

Mines a tin of Directors - or maybe a Ladyboy.

Cracking! Me too! Nice big shot of directors ,

Haha good one that mate I like it :D
    So fellas im sure were all aching to pose the question, so ill do it .
    what happens if you just eat crisps?
    Howdy all! Football and Bond! What a great combo! I myself am a very proud Norwich City fan! Been very spoiled these last three seasons thanks to the miracle worker that is Paul Lambert!

To achieve a straight double promotion and by the looks? Premier league survival! This guy deserves some recognition and a possible nomination for Manager of the season! Probably biased on my part but hey? This don't happen often!
    I myself is a avid Swansea supporter, been supporting them for quite a few years, back in the day of the old 4th division. Hope we can keep hold of Brenden. Place a bet on him taking over Man U in 2 seasons time. Up the Swans !!!!!
    Please Brendan come to Anfield because theres no way Jose will.
    Am I the only who thinks Zlatan Ibrahimovic is total pants when I see him play, yet he has a great record?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Howdy all! Football and Bond! What a great combo! I myself am a very proud Norwich City fan! Been very spoiled these last three seasons thanks to the miracle worker that is Paul Lambert!

To achieve a straight double promotion and by the looks? Premier league survival! This guy deserves some recognition and a possible nomination for Manager of the season! Probably biased on my part but hey? This don't happen often!

He's deffo done a great job as has Brendan rogers! But surely your don't think he's the right man for lfc wizard?
    Am I the only who thinks Zlatan Ibrahimovic is total pants when I see him play, yet he has a great record?

He is pants!

I´ve seen him many times, and he is capable of doing crazy things (however, there is no doubt that Messi is better and Ronaldo is a better goalscorer). But sometimes, especially in CL, he isn´t up to par. Against Barcelona, he was just ok, not good. He was much better against Barca in the group stage.

Beating 3 or 4 players to eventually win a throw in on the half way line (and lucky not to be sent off for it) against Chievo, a goal against NAC Breda that is a least 10 years old and admittedly a well hit strike against f*cking Lecce?
    Is that suppose to be evidence saying hes in the same league as Messi 007RogerMoore?

Come back when youve got footage of him single handedly knocking out a big team in the latter stages of the Champions League or coming to England and not being in the defenders pocket all night. I could knock together a showreel for Peter Crouch that is better than that in 5 minutes.

DCisared, seeing as Kenny is more over the brink than on the edge we have to start thinking of options for the summer.

Whoever is responsible for our signings has to pay with his job. If its Commoli I'm happy with that because the bloke is a parasite on the game, if its Kenny its sad but nearly 100m has gone on Henderson, Adam, Downing and Carroll and in any business if you deliver those sort of returns you have to go.

Henderson might well be one for the future, but after a half decent season at Sunderland, you cant be paying that much for him.
    Downing has never done anything to warrant status of being anymore than an average journeyman pro so how is he going for 4m more than Ashley Young unless the person with the cheque book at LFC is a clown?
    Adam - well maybe worth a punt seeing as we didnt spend much on him in todays market, but should LFC really be letting internationals like Meireles go and replacing them with one season wonders who've played their whole career in the lower leagues?
    Carroll I feel sorry for because the lad is a monster in the air but hasnt got much else. So if you buy him youve got to tailor your game to suit him or playing him is a waste of time. The blame lies with Kenny for failing to get the ball in the right areas for him and someone else (or maybe Kenny as well) for sanctioning paying such a ludicrous fee for what is basically Duncan Ferguson. 15m, even 20m and no one would mind but we've paid double that.

For those signings alone heads have to roll and thats before you even start on results.

So what are the options then? No way Jose or Pep will come anywhere near a club that is nowhere near the Champions League and packed with a squad full of dross so they are non starters and even if Guus could be tempted (and why would he be when he can pick up better money in Russia or Dubai) he would only stay for a season or two at most.

Seems to me there are only two options we could realistically be in with a chance of getting and who have a CV of any note - Rafa or Capello.

They say never go back but I would prefer Rafa over Capello any day and its not the same as Keegan going back to Toon or Kenny coming back to us as they were both out of the game for years and thats why when they came back they were out of their depth. Rafa has only been out for 18 months so its not the same. Capello although he says he would like to work in England has to be a worse option than Rafa given his inability to communicate in English.

If we cannot attract blokes of that calibre then I would say there are two good options for someone to build a dynasty - Brendan Rogers or AVB. Both gambles but if it came off they could be there for years and become the next Fergie. Actually add Martinez to those two as well.
    Those were just one I found after a quick search. There are many more.
    And theres even more when hes anonymous but I think it would overload the MI6 server if you posted all those.

Come back when youve got clips of him destroying teams in some in big matches at the business end of Champions League or the World Cup, thats when world class players deliver not in the Erdeivise or against Serie f*cking B sides enjoying the odd season in the top flight.