Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @thelivingroyale, you do have a point, for sure. I think animations in general have gotten better solely because of how great mocap is, but using an actor to do the voice and the motion at the same time is definitely more cost effective because, if you do them separately, animators would have to manually program a characters model's mouth to make the movements that will convey the words of the actor in a cutscene. So, just having that headache out of mind is definitely a positive.

I just think that losing Ironside in any situation was something that Ubi should've avoided. If ever there was an exception to make, it was there.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,102
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/11/17224660/red-dead-redemption-xbox-one-x-4k-backwards-compatibility

Awesome

Literally rushed to put my 360 copy into my Xbox One x, installing now it's a 7.38GB update should be good
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/694910/Xbox-One-Backwards-Compatibility-list-UPDATE-Original-Xbox-news-coming-TODAY

Original Xbox games arriving April 17

Blinx: The Time Sweeper
    Breakdown
    Conker: Live & Reloaded
    The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Jade Empire
    Panzer Dragoon Orta
    SSX 3
    Original Xbox games arriving April 26

Destroy All Humans!
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
    MX Unleashed
    Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)
    Star Wars: Battlefront
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
    Star Wars: Republic Commando

Original Xbox games coming to Xbox One... I'll be getting some of those Star Wars games especially Jedi Star Fighter
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm going to have to pick up Morrowind and Mercenaries at some point.
    There is a good selection I'll get the Battlefront games though I have them on PC, though just watched a trailer for Xbox One looks smooth.
    There is a good selection I'll get the Battlefront games though I have them on PC, though just watched a trailer for Xbox One looks smooth.

Check out some of the gameplay posted for the X Enhanced versions of Red Dead Redemption and Portal 2. They look fantastic. I was going to buy RDR to play again but the sequel is out in just a few months, I'd rather wait for that.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Check out some of the gameplay posted for the X Enhanced versions of Red Dead Redemption and Portal 2. They look fantastic. I was going to buy RDR to play again but the sequel is out in just a few months, I'd rather wait for that.

I played RDR earlier before work the enhanced version looks great, had a quick ride out the upgrade is noticeable, I still had the 360 disk so got the updated version for free. I just heard Force Unleashed 2 is getting 4K enhancement also, another game I am currently replaying.

Going back to original Xbox games I hope they make SSX Tricky available on backward compatibility at some point, I was addicted to that game.

header.jpg?t=1524852840
    Can't wait... A 4K image of that poster is my new PC wallpaper.
    With a DLC schedule like this game has, I'll probably just wait for the Complete Edition or whatever they end up calling it.
    With a DLC schedule like this game has, I'll probably just wait for the Complete Edition or whatever they end up calling it.

I have not looked into the DLC content, I was hoping just for the full game and addon's like Rise of the Tomb Raider I got those addons long after I completed Rise...
    Likely going to be the only day one purchase for me this year. Stunning.
    Likely going to be the only day one purchase for me this year. Stunning.

The in game play is usually all I am concerned with, though the orange mist from a fire or sunset in that trailer sold me.
    Cover art has been released for it, didn't think it'd arrive so soon:

87STLl7uIEgNdNOIw8-wcYPf5V9RvEajsmlNUrPqtIg.png?w=593&s=2baf4b4e9d35850b3df9417abfdba005
    Cover art has been released for it, didn't think it'd arrive so soon:

87STLl7uIEgNdNOIw8-wcYPf5V9RvEajsmlNUrPqtIg.png?w=593&s=2baf4b4e9d35850b3df9417abfdba005

Nice can't wait, this and the new Tomb Raider game will keep me going through Autumn and Winter.
    I know I'll be locked into playing this one for a very long time. Just bought Hitman on the Xbox One. Had so much fun with it on the PS4 I figured I'd start from scratch on it yet again eventually.
    I know I'll be locked into playing this one for a very long time. Just bought Hitman on the Xbox One. Had so much fun with it on the PS4 I figured I'd start from scratch on it yet again eventually.

That's what I am doing with Red Dead Redemtion I am almost right back at the beginning though playing it slightly different to last time, the revamped look is making it extra playable. I have never really played any of the Hitman games, I think I bought the first ever game though barely looked at it. I have a habit of buying games that I hardly play
    I recently got my wife hooked on the first Red Dead Redemption, after her disregarding it for years. (I can't wait for her to see the bloody ending)

It's great to have 2 people in the house excited for this one!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Your wife is a gamer? My dear fellow, do you know how lucky you are? :D
    Oh I know it! Best of all, she's a completest, so I'm seeing all the hidden outfits I never bothered to collect on my playthrough!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I still need to play Origins first.
    Just a heads up, Ubisoft are having their E3 conference tomorrow.

ghost-recon-sam-fisher-splinter-cell.jpg

If there is any truth to the growing rumours, we should know then. UK time, it will take place at 9pm.
    Just a heads up, Ubisoft are having their E3 conference tomorrow.

ghost-recon-sam-fisher-splinter-cell.jpg

If there is any truth to the growing rumours, we should know then. UK time, it will take place at 9pm.

Can’t wait
    So this image has been floating around the internet, supposedly from someone within E3 sneaking pictures. Some places are swearing it's legit, others are calling BS. Seems too good to be true though....right?

34602642_10101720181280101_1641763025696325632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a47991f2ddc0398627c7e54c41e9b16e&oe=5BC138B5
    If it's true, I hope it's going to be available for Windows PC.

It's my favourite installment in the series but I don't have it on my favourite platform.
    Cyberpunk 2077 looked great, can't wait to see some gameplay of it though and get a release date.
    This game has been in development since... when exactly? 2009-10 or so?