No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Ralph Fiennes & Chris Addison Team Up On Comedy-Drama ‘Hallelujah!’
    https://deadline.com/2018/04/ralph-fiennes-chris-addison-team-comedy-hallelujah-rush-producer-1202378101/

Ralph is playing the lead, and its set to shoot in early 2019.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That reminds me... Ralph Fiennes is playing Moriarty in Will Ferrell's Sherlock Holmes parody. So we have two Moriarty's in a Bond film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Ralph Fiennes & Chris Addison Team Up On Comedy-Drama ‘Hallelujah!’
    https://deadline.com/2018/04/ralph-fiennes-chris-addison-team-comedy-hallelujah-rush-producer-1202378101/

Ralph is playing the lead, and its set to shoot in early 2019.

One can only hope that'll translate to a more traditional appearance from M in this one, along with the others.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,512
    That reminds me... Ralph Fiennes is playing Moriarty in Will Ferrell's Sherlock Holmes parody. So we have two Moriarty's in a Bond film.

As cliched as it is, I think I’d rather have seen Fiennes as a villain in a single film. He probably would have made a decent fist of the OHMSS Blofeld (novel).
    I want Fiennes back as M - to at least finish out the Craig era. He is a good M. Just had a couple too many scenes in SP.
    RC7 wrote: »

As cliched as it is, I think I’d rather have seen Fiennes as a villain in a single film. He probably would have made a decent fist of the OHMSS Blofeld (novel).
    I believe the rumour back in 2011 was that he was going to play Blofeld when he was almost confirmed to be cast.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If these other publications didn't think there was anything to the rumours they wouldn't comment on them. They are many instances of tabloid gossip being completely ignored by other publications. For something to "catch fire" like this is, there must be something behind it. They are likely using The Sun as a source just to cover themselves

A bit like when it ‘caught fire’ that Elba would be Bond, or Hardy would be Bond... etc

And for every rumour which turned out to be true, yes.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    How is he going to do both this film and bond 25 at the same time? I guess they are really going to cut down M's role
    1. No guarantee Fiennes is back.
    2. If he is, I think we all want him to have a more traditional, behind-the-scenes role.
  • RC7RC7

I believe the rumour back in 2011 was that he was going to play Blofeld when he was almost confirmed to be cast.

Yeah, he vetoed it. Thankfully.
    If these other publications didn't think there was anything to the rumours they wouldn't comment on them. They are many instances of tabloid gossip being completely ignored by other publications. For something to "catch fire" like this is, there must be something behind it. They are likely using The Sun as a source just to cover themselves

A bit like when it ‘caught fire’ that Elba would be Bond, or Hardy would be Bond... etc

And for every rumour which turned out to be true, yes.

I think you just need to calm down. Your desperation is palpable. I half expect if Craig departs you’ll spontaneously self combust, defeating the whole purpose of your crusade.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M is for Moriarty. Just like in THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN.
    328?cb=20071121193302
    How is he going to do both this film and bond 25 at the same time? I guess they are really going to cut down M's role

That's what I was hinting at; if he's taking on both simultaneously (provided those delay rumors are BS), then he'll most likely have a traditional appearance, as opposed to featuring heavily throughout. Of course, I guess it's also possible that he simply doesn't appear. Time will tell.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's what I was hinting at; if he's taking on both simultaneously (provided those delay rumors are BS), then he'll most likely have a traditional appearance, as opposed to featuring heavily throughout. Of course, I guess it's also possible that he simply doesn't appear. Time will tell.

As much as they’ve all appeared more frequently, Fiennes shooting schedule is still limited. I don’t personally think it points in either direction. He absolutely could be involved in a 1-2 day shoot at Pinewood, or perhaps a 5-10 day shoot inc. location. They’ll work the schedules and adapt the script if necessary.
    True. Sadly this doesn’t really say anything. We still need more concrete, useful info. I do think though that we will see the MI6 regular actors reappear.
    I think by August everything will start falling into the right place like pieces of the puzzle.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,157
    Isn't it all but confirmed (or perhaps officially confirmed and I missed it) that Annapurna is going to handle the domestic distribution?

All but officially confirmed Annapurna will handle domestic distribution and Warner Bros will handle international distribution according to cashpersia on reddit

Well that's not one and the same; it's refreshing hearing something, I'm sure, but he's just another Reddit poster to me that hasn't proven to be trustworthy. That last update of his didn't even seem to include anything of substance that we couldn't have guessed (distributors/filming start time/etc.) based on other rumors.

Annapurna has been officially commented on by sites like Variety and Deadline, but not WB for international distribution.

Just look at his previous "leaks", he said Craig was not back and that either Mendes or Nolan would most likely do it. Besides spilling out fake news so far he only reported what other sources already had affirmed.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Isn't it all but confirmed (or perhaps officially confirmed and I missed it) that Annapurna is going to handle the domestic distribution?

All but officially confirmed Annapurna will handle domestic distribution and Warner Bros will handle international distribution according to cashpersia on reddit

Well that's not one and the same; it's refreshing hearing something, I'm sure, but he's just another Reddit poster to me that hasn't proven to be trustworthy. That last update of his didn't even seem to include anything of substance that we couldn't have guessed (distributors/filming start time/etc.) based on other rumors.

Annapurna has been officially commented on by sites like Variety and Deadline, but not WB for international distribution.

Just look at his previous "leaks", he said Craig was not back and that both Mendes and Nolan would most likely do it. Besides spilling out fake news so far he only reported what other sources already had affirmed.

And just a year back, he said Sam Mendes will return, Purvis and Wade are returning, and in the same post mentions that Broccoli was eyeing other candidates even though "Daniel Craig WILL return."
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,512
    Walecs wrote: »

Just look at his previous "leaks", he said Craig was not back and that both Mendes and Nolan would most likely do it. Besides spilling out fake news so far he only reported what other sources already had affirmed.

And just a year back, he said Sam Mendes will return, Purvis and Wade are returning, and in the same post mentions that Broccoli was eyeing other candidates even though "Daniel Craig WILL return."

I can say with certainty, Barbara has weighed up the candidates. There’s a line peddled here which suggests it’s Craig, or nothing. It’s not true. He was and still is the preference, but she’s an astute Producer and has had options on the table for some time, just like Cubby.

EDIT: I’m not suggesting this guy is in anyway connected. If you have a vague idea of how these things work you can draw the same conclusions.
    Bond 25 was probably going through several different stages for the past two years to figure out which direction it was going after the disappointing outcome of spectre so there could be truth into all the claims casheypersia made so I wouldn't necessarily call him a hack cause he sounds like he knows what he's talking about
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    kg54mvp wrote: »
    Let's just hope she doesn't lecture him on sexual harrassment in the workplace and make him look like an ass.

If bond looks like an idiot in this movie I don't know what I'll do.

There is a good to fair chance that the villain of B25 if they ever decide to release the film, will be a woman that he had “relations” with in the past and his come back to haunt him because he forgot about her and wasn’t faithful or some nonsense or she’s mad because he’s a womanizer
    “Movie gold.”- Danny boyle

• peterpeter Toronto
    He does know what he’s talking about. The news he’s filtered is the news he has heard through the industry. And a big film like Bond has many plates in the air. All he can report is what he has heard.

I was quite close to some of the producers of the Robocop remake while it shot here in Toronto. If I reported everything I heard about the story and casting while it was still being developed, I would have contradicted myself a thousand times over.

Development is the time of many changing ideas.
    peter wrote: »
    He does know what he’s talking about. The news he’s filtered is the news he has heard through the industry. And a big film like Bond has many plates in the air. All he can report is what he has heard.

I was quite close to some of the producers of the Robocop remake while it shot here in Toronto. If I reported everything I heard about the story and casting while it was still being developed, I would have contradicted myself a thousand times over.

So glad to hear your understanding cause some people over at reddit think he's a liar and a hypocrite
    Too bad baz didn't chime in last night

So glad to hear your understanding cause some people over at reddit think he's a liar and a hypocrite

I'm not saying he's a liar/hack/hypocrite, but I'm not saying the guy is definitely an insider just yet, either. We'll see what pans out and what ends up being confirmed, but regardless of who it is or what connections they say they have, I'm awaiting confirmations. Not that it's not fun discussing the possibilities of all these rumors, don't get me wrong. Better than nothing.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Same thing happened on this site and drove away a very informed writer-director who actually has connections to EoN @Goldeneye0094 . He worked on LTK, and still has many friends there. But, alas, he was called a liar too and got a few nasty PMs....
    Same thing happened on this site and drove away a very informed writer-director who actually has connections to EoN @Goldeneye0094 . He worked on LTK, and still has many friends there. But, alas, he was called a liar too and got a few nasty PMs....

I can't recall any of this happening sadly. Was he the one that shared those BTS photos of LTK? Those were great.

What was he ousted for?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No @Creasy47 , this was the gentleman known as @ColonelSun . I know him, we keep in contact every week. He’s the real deal.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,187
    Interesting that picture Megan Ellison posted on Instagram. Subtle confirmation that her and Warner bros will be tackling distribution for bond 25?
    Megan Ellison just added a photo to her story on Instagram of the annapurna logo under a glass another hint maybe?