No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Looks like Craig won’t be returning after all if a baby is on the way.

I am sure Craig and Rachel knew she was pregnant when at the charity event. I doubt this will impact or delay his Bond. If anything Craig may want to have it done quicker so he can get to his life beyond Bond with his young child.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,400
    There is such a conflation of issues that point to the inevitable delay of Bond 25:

- No distributor has been agreed and it's six months till filming is scheduled to begin.
    - MGM want to sell
    - No director has been confirmed and Boyle is still working on his script and has another project in the mix
    - The leading man is a loafer and is about to have a baby.
    - Eon are working on other projects

If Bond 25 arrives in 2019, I'd be very surprised.

I predict a November 2020 release with Danny Boyle directing.
    There is such a conflation of issues that point to the inevitable delay of Bond 25:

- No distributor has been agreed and it's six months till filming is scheduled to begin.
    - MGM want to sell
    - No director has been confirmed and Boyle is still working on his script and has another project in the mix

I'm starting not to care,tbh.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

- MGM want to sell

Agree. The movie is destined to be delayed.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    There is always a possibility. If so, they should recast. For all we know it might have already been done behind the scenes. Something about this thing doesn't make sense to me (and has not done since his impromptu announcement on Colbert). Things just don't add up in my mind.

Re: Craig: Congratulations to Rachel and him on the news of their kid. I wish them all the best.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Congrats to the Craigs.

Don't see how a baby will cause a delay, Daniel isn't the one giving birth.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,690
    November 2020 has an MCU film on the 6th of the month. October 2020 would be the safer bet if Bond 25 were to be delayed by a year.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'll be surprised if Craig returns for a 2020 Bond release. Just so if their deadlines don't meet, it's safe to say Craig will retire and we won't have a Bond film coming up until 2022 to celebrate the 60th Anniversary with a new Bond actor and a new era.

I do wish they plan at least 4-5 films rather than working on one only and releasing it once per five years.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,755
    If they’re expecting a child, can you really see Craig going through with Bond? I for one cannot. Doing Bond means more time away from Rachel, and now time away from his baby.
    Plus there’s the risk of on set injuries, etc...

Call me a pessimist but I don’t think any of this is going to play out, guys. The movie will be delayed, and Craig will step down. Then we’re back to square one. The lack of news has been very telling, and this latest development IMO confirms an indefinite delay is imminent.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm away for the weekend so I won't be able to update until Monday.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Congrats to the Craigs.

He will be due parental leave.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    This might have already been brought up, but Rachel Weisz will be promoting her new film "Disobedience" on Colbert's show on the 26th April. Perhaps she'll give us something to talk about? Worst case it'll be an anxious Colbert trying to keep his cool around her (I'm sure we've all seen Craig's last time on the show). :)

She will also be appearing in conversation with Colbert at the Montclair Film Festival on 28th April. It will be a far more detailed conversation, Craig might even be there in the audience. Tickets are still available.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Looks like Craig won’t be returning after all if a baby is on the way.
    Oh, come on, he's gonna need the money.
    Talking about whining...how old are you people?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Talking about whining...how old are you people?

Some are old enough to have been (Bond) fans through the 6 year gap, and understandably don't want another gap of similar length. Of course, it's different if you are a fan of an actor, and less so of the character.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Or the 80‘s :-D I would have loved to celebrate Bondmania in the 60s
    vzok wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Congrats to the Craigs.

He will be due parental leave.

Yeah that's what he's entitled to but it's not going to mean he's going to hold up production because of it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    SeanCraig wrote: »

I bet those must have been great times to be a Bond fan. I, unfortunately, became a Bond fan as Skyfall's script was being written and I've enjoyed only two theatrical releases.
    Walecs wrote: »
    SeanCraig wrote: »

I bet those must have been great times to be a Bond fan. I, unfortunately, became a Bond fan as Skyfall's script was being written and I've enjoyed only two theatrical releases.

It’s all ahead of you.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    This might have already been brought up, but Rachel Weisz will be promoting her new film "Disobedience" on Colbert's show on the 26th April. Perhaps she'll give us something to talk about? Worst case it'll be an anxious Colbert trying to keep his cool around her (I'm sure we've all seen Craig's last time on the show). :)

She will also be appearing in conversation with Colbert at the Montclair Film Festival on 28th April. It will be a far more detailed conversation, Craig might even be there in the audience. Tickets are still available.

Nice find.

Does anyone know if Craig will be doing any press for KINGS which is getting its (US) theatrical release on Friday?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Nice find.

Does anyone know if Craig will be doing any press for KINGS which is getting its (US) theatrical release on Friday?

The same day as Avenger Infinity War? Lol stupid, stupid move. Should have been released on a streaming service.
    If rumors don't drop this summer on plot & locations , casting. Start worrying. Seydoux & waltz were cast in April may 2014.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Seydoux & waltz were cast in April may 2014.
    No, they weren't.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I believe it was around August we’ve heard of Seydoux’s casting rumours and somewhere late November of Waltz’s casting, if memory serves.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,533
    I love Craig but I think he overstayed his welcome after the release of SF. It just felt like the end to his arc. That new, harder, intense character he played in CR, QOS, and to a lesser extent in SF, is long gone by now unfortunately.
    It's time for a new era. No more brooding and personal BS for a while. Let's have some fun with the character again. And release the films every two years. The way it could and should be.

My excitement for Bond 25 is almost non-existent. That's just depressing since these films have been an obsession of mine for a decade now. Maybe it's best to wait till 2022. Blasphemy I know. EON really f****d themselves this decade.

As you were.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,601
    I saw it in the theaters, too - all of it. So - what's the big deal? I am not a fanatic, bit I grew up with them and as such, they have a meaning.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Some of us saw the Bond films in the '60s.

Lol Roger Moore had a kid during filming of TMWTGG. Craig having a kid won’t stop him from doing Bond 25.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    I love Craig but I think he overstayed his welcome after the release of SF. It just felt like the end to his arc. That new, harder, intense character he played in CR, QOS, and to a lesser extent in SF, is long gone by now unfortunately.
    It's time for a new era. No more brooding and personal BS for a while. Let's have some fun again with the character again. And release the films every two years. The way it could and should be.

My excitement for Bond 25 is almost non-existent. That's just depressing since these films have been an obsession of mine for a decade now. Maybe it's best to wait till 2022. Blasphemy I know. EON really made f****d themselves this decade.

As you were.

I agree with pretty much all of that.

Good man.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Lol Roger Moore had a kid during filming of TMWTGG. Craig having a kid won’t stop him from doing Bond 25.

But the bags under his eyes will return.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Bond 25 might release in 2022 for the 60th anniversary? That would give them enough time to regather and find their footing again. Them seem completely lost ATM.