Jurassic Park Series (1993 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, if you like the Mission: Impossible series, something similar is happening with those to coincide with the latest installment: they'll all be getting re-released on 4K roughly one month before Mission Impossible: Fallout releases in theaters.

I love the MI films though with an ongoing series I think I would probably get the films separate rather than the boxset, same applies to the Jurassic movies. Though price will be the deciding factor.

I really hope the UHD version of Ghost Protocol gives us the full IMAX aspect ratio, that would be awesome.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, if you like the Mission: Impossible series, something similar is happening with those to coincide with the latest installment: they'll all be getting re-released on 4K roughly one month before Mission Impossible: Fallout releases in theaters.

I love the MI films though with an ongoing series I think I would probably get the films separate rather than the boxset, same applies to the Jurassic movies. Though price will be the deciding factor.

I really hope the UHD version of Ghost Protocol gives us the full IMAX aspect ratio, that would be awesome.

I think they'll get separate installment releases worldwide, and only a boxset overseas (from what I've heard, anyway. I prefer separate releases anyway, not a boxset fan).

With so many studios doing this, it's why I figure the James Bond series will drop in about 16 or so months, to coincide with the buildup to Bond 25.

As do I, GP and RN are going to look incredible in 4K. As will Fallout, inevitably.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,102

I think they'll get separate installment releases worldwide, and only a boxset overseas (from what I've heard, anyway. I prefer separate releases anyway, not a boxset fan).

With so many studios doing this, it's why I figure the James Bond series will drop in about 16 or so months, to coincide with the buildup to Bond 25.

As do I, GP and RN are going to look incredible in 4K. As will Fallout, inevitably.

The Dubai sequence will look phenomenal.

Apparently Jaws and Schindlers List and The Matrix are getting a 4K release this year.

The Bond films are long over due though I guess with so many films it's quite a undertaking, I paid £90 for Bond50 Bluray set, I would happily pay £200 for the whole 4K set though it may cost more than that to buy thinking about.
    Oh cool, didn't know about Jaws, on top of Die Hard, Braveheart, The Patriot, Saving Private Ryan and countless others. I'm hoping for Munich in 4K since so many Spielberg titles seem to be getting the same treatment.

My wallet's going to be hurting by the time this summer ends.
    Oh cool, didn't know about Jaws, on top of Die Hard, Braveheart, The Patriot, Saving Private Ryan and countless others. I'm hoping for Munich in 4K since so many Spielberg titles seem to be getting the same treatment.

My wallet's going to be hurting by the time this summer ends.

Hopefully the format will leap forward this year with more people getting 4K TV's (I am thinking about buying another TV) and the disk prices will drop. I paid full price for The Last Jedi on 4K though the other films I have I have managed to get cheaper, Alien Covenant I got brand new for £15. Ebay often auctions brand new films, I have got lucky with a few purchases on 4K.
    I'm hoping so, especially with them releasing so many high profile catalog titles. Seems a lot of retail stores have broadened their 4K selections, too, knowing there is a market for it, which is always nice to see.

eBay is always a good place, and Best Buy/Amazon tend to run some pretty solid deals. Think Amazon had a months-long deal for buying any three 4K titles for $49.99.
    I'm hoping so, especially with them releasing so many high profile catalog titles. Seems a lot of retail stores have broadened their 4K selections, too, knowing there is a market for it, which is always nice to see.

eBay is always a good place, and Best Buy/Amazon tend to run some pretty solid deals. Think Amazon had a months-long deal for buying any three 4K titles for $49.99.

Amazon do have good deals though despite being a prime member, I keep having issues with deliveries so been buying more on ebay recently. Just learnt Game of Thrones are getting 4K release, I have just started buying them on Bluray only got season 1 and 2 so far think I'll hold out for the 4K release now, and sell the Blurays.

Where I live only a few super markets sell 4K disks and usually 2 or 3 films unfortunately, usually the big blockbuster released that week.
    Already threw my blu-rays of GoT up for sale (though I believe it's only the first season that has been announced) in anticipation of the 4K's. Did the same with my M:I titles last night.
    Already threw my blu-rays of GoT up for sale (though I believe it's only the first season that has been announced) in anticipation of the 4K's. Did the same with my M:I titles last night.

I have all the MI films on Bluray, there are alot of movies I should sell sooner rather than later whilst they still retain value, including the Jurassic Park Trilogy Boxset

I have all the MI films on Bluray, there are alot of movies I should sell sooner rather than later whilst they still retain value, including the Jurassic Park Trilogy Boxset

Indeed. What I do is anytime I see a 4K pre-order go up for a movie I own on blu-ray, I immediately throw it up for sale while it will still have some value.

Indeed. What I do is anytime I see a 4K pre-order go up for a movie I own on blu-ray, I immediately throw it up for sale while it will still have some value.

I need to get into that habit a have several versions of some films on Bluray I should recoup some money. I have hundreds of DVD's boxed up though unless they are difficult to find films there is not much value.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    fallen-kingdom-poster.jpg?w=790

That's the worst, poorly photoshopped poster I ever saw. You can see the cut lines on the people for crying out loud.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,009
    Murdock wrote: »

That's the worst, poorly photoshopped poster I ever saw. You can see the cut lines on the people for crying out loud.

As usual, the best ones are fan-made.

DbECj-KW0AEW0Aw?format=jpg
    Here's an international trailer that was just released:

Although this looks fun, I am having flashbacks of the whole San Diego episode from Jurassic Park 2.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom to clock in at 2 hours & 9 minutes.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Meanwhile, near Paris :

https://jurassicworldexposition.fr/

764acb446f791865488b2fa82805.jpeg

I might go there on a week-end.

Went there, and even if there were only eight dinos, I enjoyed it. Here is a short movie about it :

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom comes out next Wednesday here, on June 6th. I'll be there to see it at the earliest showing I can find on that day.

That scares me in a good way
    Risico007 wrote: »

That scares me in a good way

That is freaky!!! AAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I must say, after loathing JW, I’m actually intrigued by Fallen Kingdom. I wasn’t at first, but the prospect of the animals escaping on a large scale is interesting. I’m still tempering my expectations.
    Due to massive budget concerns, it seems all characters in Jurassic World 3 will be played by the same actor...

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'd be fine with that if that means we won't get Pratt and Howard.
    I'll be seeing Jurassic World 2 in a little over 4 hours from now!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I saw it last night. There are pure cheese moments like JW but it has way more heart and craft to it and some truly beautiful cgi and visuals. Overall the bits i was worried about like story and character's i really liked. Really hated the score, it was so intrusive and off putting. Overall i loved it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I saw it today. Miles better than its predecessor - I had a lot of fun with it. Bayona brought some class along with the thrills, scares and the usual cheese.

A fine Summer flick.
    Saw it today too, not only is it the best of the 4 sequels, but IMO it gets very close to the original on a pure entertainment level. The 2 hours runtime does not let go to start to finish, the entire sequence with the exploding volcano was insanely thrilling. The film is basically filled with highly entertaining action set-pieces, all having very wide scope & scale. The film does suffer here and there from exposition heavy scenes (particularly when the main villain shows up), but apart from that the 2 hours went by like a flash, just non-stop action from start to finish. I'm sure this will be a very rewatchable film, I can't wait to own it on Blu Ray already.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 3,333
    An interesting titbit, I was watching James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction where he was interviewing Spielberg about the first Jurassic Park and it came to light that Cameron himself had also tried to buy the rights to Michael Crichton's book (after being sent an early advance copy of the book) but to only discover that Spielberg had already beaten him to it by just minutes. However, he did admit that if he had he made the movie version, Jurassic Park would've been a hard-R rated movie and not the family-friendly version Spielberg made.

Personally, I much prefer Cameron's take as it's closer to the source material. I'm sure Cameron would've also included the opening scene whereby a young American girl on vacation at a beach shore with her family in Central America gets attacked and gorged by a Procompsognathus while her parents are not looking, plus the bit where the children are being chased by the Tyrannosaurus Rex down a river on an inflatable raft, which was also dropped from the film.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 11,189
    The Lost World had an opening where a young girl gets attacked by a group of Procompsognathus. Presumably this was meant to be a watered down version of the opening in the original novel @bondsum.

In the film the family on holiday is British and the girl apparently survives.

Spierberg wasn’t above killing off kids though as Jaws demonstrated.

@BAIN123 perhaps my favorite moment of all time is in that scene you posted - when the mother starts screaming in horror and it cuts to Jeff Goldblum yawning in an underground metro.