Lost in Space 2018 Netflix Series. (Spoilers)

MurdockMurdock The minus world
in General Movies & TV Posts: 16,328
A place to talk about the Lost in Space reboot starring one Toby Stephens as John Robinson.

I just finished binge watching to series and I must say it's pretty awesome. Let's discuss!

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hopefully will watch premier later today, heard positive response to the show.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've enjoyed it a lot. It also somewhat reminds me of LOST as well. Really digging this series. The production design and casting is awesome. Excellent quality all around. :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The trailer looked great, been busy with work so shows took a back seat. I'll binge watch several episodes tomorrow, I watched all the original 60's episodes.
    Speaking of the original series, there are tons of easter eggs alluding to it in the new series. As well as..
    The original John Williams theme being used.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Speaking of the original series, there are tons of easter eggs alluding to it in the new series. As well as..

That's pretty cool

Which one ? First and Second season, or third onwards ?
    Gerard wrote: »

Which one ? First and Second season, or third onwards ?
    Season 3
    Yes, an Bill Mumy makes a very brief appearance in episode 1.
    Loved this first season, a well thought out reboot with some good writing, action and well placed tense moments.
    Yes, I didn't think it was too bad. It starts with the viewer being dropped straight into the action and it goes on from there. Pretty much like the modern novel: very little back story, not too much characterisation, plenty of action. Back story is only used with quick flashbacks. I enjoyed it as a reboot.
    Just started watching the series premiere pleasantly suprised Netflix is streaming this show in 4K, and Wow this looks stunning, I love Sci Fi I am immediately locked into this show.
    I was going to give this a pass, but this enthusiasm has me interested...
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Good first episode one minor gripe was the emotion was laid on a bit thick at times, though that is one great robot. Interested to see where this show goes those final shots were pretty awesome.
    I had to listen to the final credits lol
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,548
    I started watching the first episode, just on a whim. I was hooked within minutes!

I am on episode 2, at the moment. Good so far. At the moment, I am trying to figure out how Parker Posey is going to fit into all of this.
    Second episode was good, my first thoughts on Posey
    is that she is possibly an escaped prisoner linked to the destruction of the orbital space station, though it's obvious she has psychological issues.

Going to take my time watching the show noticed it's only 10 episodes long.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Haven't seen it, trying to dodge spoilers, but season two will apparently have a time jump:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/18/lost-in-space-producer-talks-season-2-and-time-jumps
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I vaguely remember the original series of this being shown on TV as repeats in the early 90s when I was a young kid. The only thing I can remember about it now was an old man with white hair.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I vaguely remember the original series of this being shown on TV as repeats in the early 90s when I was a young kid. The only thing I can remember about it now was an old man with white hair.

That really narrows it down, Draggers!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That really narrows it down, Draggers!

I know. I thought he might have been a main character or something?
    I'm guessing it is Dr. Zachary Smith @Dragonpol ...

220px-Lost_in_Space_Jonathan_Harris_%26_Robot_1967.jpg
    bondsum wrote: »
    I'm guessing it is Dr. Zachary Smith @Dragonpol ...

220px-Lost_in_Space_Jonathan_Harris_%26_Robot_1967.jpg

Yes, I was looking just now and I think that's who it was. Funny the things you remember! Would be nice to see that old series again.
    Funny thing : the original series didn't air in France. But it aired in Luxemburg, and as I lived in Metz at the time, I was able to watch a few episodes. But Télé Luxembourg had a tendancy to air the series that the french televiaion didn't, couldn't or wouldn't air, including sci-fi series (we're notorious for having discovered Star Trek in the 80s, but Télé Luxembourg aired it in the 70s, for example). Good times.
    I first remember Lost In Space as a kid in the Sixties. Of course I thought it was great to begin with, but soon lost interest when they became planet-bound far too often. Of course I never saw the unaired pilot until recently. I still have fond memories of that show and I can still remember the music they used throughout every episode. Despite having fond memories of the original, I still like the much-improved new series. I think it nicely updates the flaws of logic and goofiness that eventually became the show's undoing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Netflix has confirmed a 2nd season for 'Lost in Space'.
    Looking forward to that. :D