New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Willard Whyte here, local golf pro available when needed.
    Does this mean I can act as n00b again? Awesome. That means I have to start posting really nauseating fan fiction ideas constantly, talk about a Japanese secret agent novel that I'm writing for three years and never gets done, before I realize I'm acting like an idiot.

Ah. 2003 all over again.
  • Okay, will keep an eye for few days, if none of the old stuff are coming back, then bye bye it is :-(
    I'm looking forward to using these new boards.

Although, it is possible when I wake up tomorrow all of this will be gone and replaced with something else. :p
  • CISCIS Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 52
    Well, this new forum is—interesting. People keep saying there is a character limit for your posts? I'm not seeing that? Is it still in place??
    hunterharry here, fwiw. The only upside of this move, thus far, is that it has allowed me to ditch that horrible username.
  • Quoting HJackson: hunterharry here, fwiw. The only upside of this move, thus far, is that it has allowed me to ditch that horrible username.
    Well there's something then!

Good to see another familiar face.
    I frequent the IMDb Bond forum, but never made an account at MI6. Someone on IMDb just said that MI6 had a new forum, so I thought I'd sign up.

Can't believe this username was available :-D
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,347
    Quoting Bond: I frequent the IMDb Bond forum, but never made an account at MI6. Someone on IMDb just said that MI6 had a new forum, so I thought I'd sign up.

Can't believe this username was available :D
    Haha, nice one! ;) Pays off to be part from the start
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Quoting nick_007: I can't tell you how many times I'd be loggon on the forums thinking: "I've had this discussion a million times already. Why should I bother repeating myself?"

I feel like now I have an opportunity to start all over again. I'm excited about ranking the Bond films, talking about Bond 23 and moving forward.
    You know, must say, I feel rather that way too, nick. Suddenly, posting feels like an exciting new possibility. What we've got here is a new/ old forum. Or, if you prefer, an old/ new forum. In some ways, that may be the best of both worlds. :)

In terms of having lost posts and threads etc on the old forum - everything's still there as archive (I don't know for how long, though), so stuff can certainly be copied and pasted over to here. I've already done it in starting up a new thread...
  • CISCIS Suspended
    +1 @nick_007 and @St_George's sentiments.
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited March 2011 Posts: 348
    Hey folks, it's me.
    Blimey it took me about 40mins just to take in whats happened here...very weird.
    Oh. Well, this was ... unexpected. A mere update of the 'skins' to something more recent than DAD or GE : Rogue Agent would've been enough for me. But I guess I'll get used to it.
  • ProblemProblem Suspended
    Quoting barryt007:
    Blimey it took me about 40mins just to take in whats happened
    here...very weird.
    lol, problem?
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 19,339
    So we have lost all the threads from the old database ?
    We have to start everything over again ?
    I just become a '00' and now i'm a basic member again...
  • CISCIS Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 52
    @barryt007 all of the threads at the old forum are currently still archived there, but apparently they will be taken down any day now. After that, all we will have is this lifeboat and its threads dating all the way back to.... March 14, 2011.
  • SharkShark Banned
    Mr. Page, does this provide me with an amnesty for all past crimes?
    I dont like this at all....i've lost everything from the past 4 years...all my lovely threads i made...
    Just testing to see if pic worked...from the old forum, so hello again! This might take some getting used to. I need threads...
    well we are all new here.atleast i hope every one have his old name or avatar.well we will get used to it.altough i miss old page
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    @barryt007 We all know you'll be making lovely new threads in next to no time, bazza.

The old forum is still in existence in an archive form, in any case (not sure for how long, though), so via copy and pasting it's possible to resurrect old material and post it on here, if you feel the need... :)
  • Well this is.... I guess unexpected.

I do hope the old MI6 can be archived so we can atleast read the old posts.

I don't think I'll be posting very much unless I get used to this.
  • Well...this certainly is going to take some time to get used to. Not gonna judge it yet but it is weird to refresh the page and find myself in the middle of some twitter/facebook page rather then an actual forum..oh well.
    I dont even use Facebook so this is weird,oh well,i will try and get some of my threads from the old data base and paste them here before it all goes.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    It's not Facebook...
  • Hi, Guys! This layout seems not as good as the other!
    This is crap :D

Sorry James Page, I know a lot of work went into it, but really a Facebook friendly lay out? I don't have facebook, and I don't want one...

Anyway, I am disappointed...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @FieldsMan: Perhaps you should give this a try before saying it's crap. ;;) Also, you might be much less disappointed once the benefits of the new forum become clear.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Quoting barryt007: I dont like this at all....i've lost everything from the past 4 years...all my lovely threads i made...
    Same feeling here. :(

xxx