Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Been in a heavy gaming mood lately but have run out of stuff to play on the PS4, so figured it was high time I bought an Xbox One S to check out their exclusives and some much-loved 360 backwards compatible titles I've been yearning to return to.

$299 for a brand new console with digital copies of Rainbow Six Siege (can't wait to try it out again) and Assassin's Creed: Origins isn't too shabby at all.

Assassin's Creed: Origins is a great looking game, I sold Rainbow Six Siege I could not get into the game despite loving the Vegas games which were brilliant. Suprised you did not get the Xbox One X

I was going to but didn't want to spend hundreds more to get one; the S is capable of 4K and HDR and gives me access to the same range of games, so I'm more than happy enough with the purchase.

Just bought the Xbox One GOTY Edition of Grand Theft Auto IV on eBay, my favorite game ever. Beyond excited to finally return to it.

I have GTA V on Xbox One I play it online now and then it's a great game, true you still can still stream 4K. I have a spare Xbox One may trade it toward a PS4 Pro I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn a mate has it the game looks good.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I wasn't as crazy about V - noooowhere near as good as the fourth for me, but I still did enjoy it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I wasn't as crazy about V - noooowhere near as good as the fourth for me, but I still did enjoy it.

San Andrews was one of my favourite games in the series, though I probably got furthest with GTA 3 as I played that the longest. I have never actually completed any of the games.

GTA 4 was quite a step forward at the time, I probably enjoy that open world more the V

San Andrews was one of my favourite games in the series, though I probably got furthest with GTA 3 as I played that the longest. I have never actually completed any of the games.

GTA 4 was quite a step forward at the time, I probably enjoy that open world more the V

I went through in the last couple of years and played the PS4 Remastered versions of III, Vice City and San Andreas going for the Platinum Trophy, had a nostalgic blast with them.

Past the graphics and some new features, I think I prefer everything in IV to V.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    The last video game which I played was Mask of Eternity, which I just recently played again in its entirety.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2018 Posts: 28,694
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm creeping, watching you enjoy some Hitman!

Via PSN, of course...I'm totally not outside of your bedroom window watching you play or anything, I promise. Just don't look. Cause I'm not out here. I swear.
    @Creasy47, haha, I figured you'd be wondering how I'd gotten on with it.

Hitman (2016)

I've been playing a bit of this over the last few days and have reached near the end of the first main level's challenges (in Paris). Although I thought this game would be a nice way to blow off steam once and a while, I've taken to it and now view it as more than just a play once a month type game. I've really had a blast just exploring the levels and finding out all the tricks or secrets to them to make my runs through them more effective and swift, and the game rewards you with thinking on your feet and doesn't hand a victory to you, which is great.

The Paris level was a great one to start the game on, as I felt as close to Bond as I could in a non-Bond branded game while playing it. Just controlling 47 in a tuxedo strolling through a princely French building to a secret elitist meeting of spies made me so depressed that we have to turn to a Hitman game to give us the kinds of feelings and missions a James Bond game should. I can only imagine how great it would feel to have this level of control in a Bond game, or to have a game made with such amazing detail as this one is.

Hitman 2016 is fun, but more than that it truly feels like you are a man on a mission figuring things out on the fly and using your massive environment as a makeshift weapon. I'm constantly overwhelmed by the game, but in a good way. The scope of the gameplay, the steep number of possible kills for each target, the inherent replayability to get the best score and the sheer triumph of IO Interactive for creating a living, breathing series of levels that are fun and challenging to dive into. I love the customizable nature of the levels, of how you can decide where you want to start the level (and in what disguise), what tools you want to use depending on your style and even the ability you have to stash a smuggled item somewhere inside the location that you can't have with you as you enter. You feel like a spy, through and through, and that is a great sensation.

The little details that IO put into the game really have made me smile more than anything, as, though small, they really speak towards some of the coolest aspects of the game and just how much the developers thought about everything. Some of the great little things I noticed:

*One of the greatest tools I'll probably use in later levels is the ability to stow a gun away for later use in a bin. I've never seen this mechanic used before, but it's so clever and really comes in handy, especially if you want to keep a gun close to you for later but know you have to lose it because you are going to be checked for guns by guards in another part of the level. You really feel like a spy, leaving your gun concealed for a later tactical use.

*I also noticed that, if 47 is blended into a surrounding because of the disguise he wears (like being a guard in a room of other guards) and he pulls out his gun he'll conceal it either in front of his waist or behind the small of his back depending on where you face him. If you make him face his target or another armed NPC he'll hide the gun behind his back, and if have your back to them he'll hide it in front of his waist. Such a great feature, and one that actually conceals your being armed in situations where you want to be ready to get off a shot. A big step up from most every game I've seen, where every time you get a gun out you simply have it at your side when you're not pointing it. This detail just goes the extra mile of truly making you feel like 47.

*Additionally, I really love the small details in the kinds of disguises you can wear, and just how much your look can change from disguise to disguise, even if you're only switching from one guard disguise to another. On the Paris level there are guards around the location who all have blue ties and black suits and shirts on, but some of them have their suit coats buttoned and others don't. I was interested to see if IO went the extra mile and designed it so that, when you took a disguise from a guy who buttoned up his suit coat you'd also wear it buttoned while wearing it and when you took a disguise that was unbuttoned you put it on and left the suit coat open. And sure enough, that's exactly what they did. Again, a little detail that really doesn't effect the game a bit, but that shows how much IO thought about every aspect of the game. And they also made the clothing move with great physics on 47, something that a lot of games don't do. I always give my respect to developers who design it so that a character's tie actually moves freely with the movement of their body instead of looking like it's attached to their chest with super glue.

*I noticed this on accident, but one time while I was just experimenting in the Paris level I knocked a guy out and robbed him of his disguise, leaving him in his boxers. Sometime later one of his AI partners must have come upon him and woke him up, at which point he ran past me nearly nude to a chest that contained another pair of clothes that he then put on. I love the flexibility of the AI in this game, how they won't just run away and will return to their jobs even if you knock them out. They'll revive each other, put on clothes if you steal their disguise, coordinate an attack on you if you expose yourself and don't resemble the shoddy AI you can see in a lot of games who you can trick by turning a corner.

All in all, I'm really excited to keep playing. IO seemed to make an exceptionally well balanced game that is fun and challenging without being a pain or tedious. Their save features allow you to really take your time in the levels, save when you feel you need to and gives you the ability to save your progress and take a big risk just to see how the game reacts without penalizing how far you'd gotten in the level to that point. I find that incredibly appealing, as the game has been designed to help you get better at it so that you don't need the saves later on. The game wants you to master it, and gives you the tools early on to do so. I also found it incredibly awesome that you don't have to finish an entire level with each target killed for the challenges you've beaten to save themselves as those that are completed, as they instantly become marked of your to-do list. You can hop into a save, get a particular challenge under your belt and just reload another save to continue on, and that has been a great relief. Again, the game wants you to have fun instead of forcing you to punish yourself with the long list of challenges open to you on each level.

I was also quite happy to see that IO are bringing back the Elusive Targets again for those that missed them, as I thought the idea was cool and I wanted to try my hand at them. I've missed about 8 so far but if I do every one that's left there will be around 17 contracts until the end and I should be able to get some of the unlocks IO have set up for the Elusive Targets in that time. I again thank them for making a game like they used to be made, where you actually have to work to get things unlocked in the game instead of just paying for them. They could've just charged DLC money and made bank from nostalgic fans, but they instead developed a very cool mode to lock the achievements behind, and I commend them for it.
    Picked up Ice Climber for my upcoming GBA Player. One of my favorite NES games; should be fun to play on GBA too.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition and Rise of the Tomb Raider

I replayed the original reboot and it's sequel in preparation for the new movie. I was able to beat the first one before the movies release but didn't beat the sequel until after. It was also my first time beating Rise. I enjoy both the games but I have to say I like the first one far better. And of course after beating the games and seeing the movie, we get a teaser trailer for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Can't wait for that game!

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
    Star_Wars_Bounty_Hunter_PS2.JPG

I bought this PS2 game on my PS4 a while back and only played it for a bit. Being in a Star Wars mood and having lack of any good new games out (the new Battlefront games are 'meh' and focus too much on online multiplayer) I decided to play this one. I have to say, even though I'm still in the beginning of the game I'm having a lot of fun with it. If they polished up the graphics and controls a bit, it would be a pretty solid game by today's standards. We need more Star Wars games that are less like the new Battlefronts and more like the older games. I'm still waiting on another KOTOR, Republic Commando (or something similar), and some kind of star fighter game.
    Batman - The Enemy Within episode 5

I was surprised how much this season centered around Bruce Wayne and less on Batman. There were, it feels, only few points in each episode where Bruce suits up.

The whole season was about Bruce building his relationship with John ( the Joker) and him being undercover.

Now, that I started replaying from episode 1 , it's been half a year or so because I wanted to wait after the whole season is over, before I make different choises, and it got me curious what telltales could do with the 007 brand.

I know these aren't for all, but I like these interactive, choose your approach type of games. I feel like I'm watching a show, but I can decide what the characters say, how they react and do certain things, changing some of the stories by doing so. I cant say for everyone, but this and the Arkham games, is how I want my Batman.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Still playing bits of Hitman here and there.

Tried my first Elusive Target today and came away very frustrated and ticked off, unfortunately. Normally I wouldn't be moved by failure, but in cases like these if you fail a contract you can't ever do the mission again as they are time and fail sensitive. I spent some time prepping for the mission, going to locations with objects I knew I needed (mostly just picking up stuff I wanted to throw for distractions), and was really revving up to do a silent assassin run through.

The target is The Guru and the best way to get into the building he was in was through a bathroom window you can reach from a pipe on the street. So I get up into the bathroom from the pipe and cause a noise distraction with the aim of clearing out some of the NPCs to make the target easier to kill unnoticed, pretty standard tactic. The issue being that one of the NPCs I lured was a non-target that was also my client who I was killing the Guru for, and if I killed her I instantly failed the mission (naturally). I turn on the sink so that the woman would go to shut the water off and am in position to subdue her from behind, but I must have pressed the button at the same moment she was turning around because 47 cold cocked her right in the face with a closed fist, instantly killing her and failing the contract for me before I barely got started.

The reason that pissed me off was simply because that's not how the game teaches you the rules, and changed how the game plays the other 99.9% of the time. I have never killed any NPC in the game by punching them, ever, and the game trains you that doing so always makes the NPC go to sleep for a while and nothing more. Imagine my surprise this time when 47 kills someone for the first time with his punch, something that literally happens nowhere else in the game. I don't know if it was because the woman was a protected NPC that I couldn't even touch without killing or what, but I felt that was pretty cheap and unfair.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    FarCry 5.

It brings nothing new to the series, but the combat and the massive open world gameplay combined with the addictive storyline(probably the best in the series) makes it well worth it. I only did a weekend rental but I do foresee myself buying it soon. I logged about 10 hours of gameplay and barely even dented it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    For every quest that I tick off, I discover three more, so I still have so much to do. I also found a jacket that lowers Henry's stealth 2 points, from 10 down to 8. That coupled with the stealth perks I have equipped, means I can move around nearly completely silent. I am also getting better with my bow, which takes work, as there is no indication on screen as to where the arrow will hit.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Recently finished Tomb Raider: Legend - taken a long, long time. Was actually started on the PS2! And I'm now part way through the second level of Underworld. Taking my time 'walking' through the environments, they are so lush and jaw-dropping you just can't rush through it. I have Tomb Raider (2013) waiting in the wings. If I want to get into RoTTBR then I'll have to buy a PS4…
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,102
    Recently finished Tomb Raider: Legend - taken a long, long time. Was actually started on the PS2! And I'm now part way through the second level of Underworld. Taking my time 'walking' through the environments, they are so lush and jaw-dropping you just can't rush through it. I have Tomb Raider (2013) waiting in the wings. If I want to get into RoTTBR then I'll have to buy a PS4…

Underworld is one of the better later Tomb Raider games, I completed it though just started playing it again as got it free on Xbox X live. Been playing the doppelganger dlc which is fun.

Edited: I am early in the game, the section with the Octopuss currently. One level i did like was Thor visually stunning level.
    Red Dead Redemption I started replaying this on and off due to losing my cloud saves, though now this has happened I think I'll be heavily getting into the game again...

Red Dead Redemtion in 4K
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I've been playing a lot of Far Cry 5 at the moment. Great game.
    Far Cry 5.

Red Dead Redemption I started replaying this on and off due to losing my cloud saves, though now this has happened I think I'll be heavily getting into the game again...

Red Dead Redemtion in 4K
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, still can't believe we never got a Red Dead remaster (they could have even called it "Red Dead Remastered" for the fun of it). Still my favorite game of all time, one of the modern gaming masterpieces.

One thing I wanted to pop in and share: I was on the PSN last night and saw that Mad Max was this month's free game for all Playstation Plus members. Truly staggering to see that, as it's the best game quality wise (and value wise!) that I've seen as a PS Plus free game yet. Beyond robbery to see that game at a $0 price tag.

For those who've yet to play Mad Max but who own a PS4 and have a PS Plus subscription, you have no excuses left. It's one of the most time-stealing games I've ever played that was such a great ride for someone like me who is a big Mad Max fan and loves the lore. It does a great job of fleshing out the Wasteland and Max's cycles of madness, while also just being a rocknroll thrill ride with some of the greatest close combat I've seen as well as some visceral driving. I think the game would be the most intriguing and enjoyable for those who've seen the movies and love the characters, but I also think that anyone who likes interesting storytelling in games with great characters and a vast open world will enjoy it all the same.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Far Cry 5
    preordine-27-febbraio-2018-far-cry-5-v-nuovo-playstation-4-ps4-italiano.jpg
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,102

Red Dead Redemtion in 4K
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, still can't believe we never got a Red Dead remaster (they could have even called it "Red Dead Remastered" for the fun of it). Still my favorite game of all time, one of the modern gaming masterpieces.

One thing I wanted to pop in and share: I was on the PSN last night and saw that Mad Max was this month's free game for all Playstation Plus members. Truly staggering to see that, as it's the best game quality wise (and value wise!) that I've seen as a PS Plus free game yet. Beyond robbery to see that game at a $0 price tag.

For those who've yet to play Mad Max but who own a PS4 and have a PS Plus subscription, you have no excuses left. It's one of the most time-stealing games I've ever played that was such a great ride for someone like me who is a big Mad Max fan and loves the lore. It does a great job of fleshing out the Wasteland and Max's cycles of madness, while also just being a rocknroll thrill ride with some of the greatest close combat I've seen as well as some visceral driving. I think the game would be the most intriguing and enjoyable for those who've seen the movies and love the characters, but I also think that anyone who likes interesting storytelling in games with great characters and a vast open world will enjoy it all the same.

Just playing RDR now it has had a graphics update, admitted it's more noticeable on my TV than in the below video...

It really does look stunning
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Rockstar's not big on remasters. They'd do ports first.
    Rockstar's not big on remasters. They'd do ports first.

They may try more in the future, as they recently did with L.A. Noire. Everything else though has been a port.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It kind of upsets me that neither of the Red Dead games were released on PC. I’m a big fan of the first more so than the second so I want that on PC.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 13,882
    I finally finished Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. It has taken me so long, because I have been playing a little here and a little there, only starting to pick up the pace the last fortnight or so. I still have some trophy mopping up to do (100% synch in all main memories, conquer all burroughs, find all secrets of London, find all posters and kill 5 Blighters from 1 haystack). Once I have earned those trophies, I shall be moving on to the Jack The Ripper DLC. It was a neat option to allow players to switch between the twins, that I played only entirely as Evie, for her stealth skills. Only playing as Jacob for the early fight clubs and the missions that required playing as Jacob.

1. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    2. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    3. Assassin's Creed: Rogue
    4. Assassin's Creed
    5. Assassin's Creed: Unity
    6. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    7. Assassin's Creed II
    8. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    9. Assassin's Creed III
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2018 Posts: 7,969
    The soundtrack of Donkey Kong 64 was spooky enough as it is, but this medley makes them sound even spookier, :O

One of my favorite spooky songs from a game I love.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Grant Kirkhope is awesome! :-bd
    Yes. Listening to his music is one of my easiest nostalgia gateways to feel younger and less cynical again!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Then you'll get a kick out of this. :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I miss Collect-a-thons. :(